Author Topic: It's a results game!  (Read 22911 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's a results game!
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »
Well, whatever your view is, the Chairman obviously is still backing Adam as there was no "Club Statement" made yesterday. Like him or lump him, Mr Murray appears to be entrenched at BUFC for the time being. Under the circumstances, we should continue to support the  ever changing first XI which our management team deem appropriate to wear the BUFC shirt.
DN must think Murray can somehow start getting wins? What evidence he has seen to support that hope is invisible to most fans. I will continue to support the team at home. I'm not doing any more aways until the team start turning up for them too.

I said a few weeks ago DN would give AM plenty of time and I think he'll still be here for the foreseeable future. My guess is once we get cut adrift in the bottom three he'll act, unless AM jumps ship.

Very worrying.

Like brexit a mutual agreement can take time to agree to ,  Tonights result elsewhere may speed up the process.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »
Yes Gainsboro won
  I would like to see Rubys tenure hinging on a positive result Saturday . . as fan resignation seems to be taking a longer term grip  :-X

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »
The Chairman and Directors know the cost of change both in and out therefore I put my trust in them to do what is best for the club and hope they do not walk away from it all. I will be supporting them again on Saturday.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
If they walk away I strongly suggest Boston Borough Council hire a bulldozer and bill Chestnuts. Then head towards Wyberton and demolish the new houses!

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 02:35:33 PM »
They won't walk away, too much at stake with the Quadrant developments, and that would be huge black mark against there name, and probably damage there business.
I suppose we can't imagine how frustrating it must be for them
They can only interview and hire a manager on face value, and previous experience and qualifications, Adam must have looked like a good replacement for DG, but let's face it he was a hard act to follow.
They must be as sick as we are how this season is going, and probably are thinking is it worth carrying on.
I don't know what the answer is or even if there is one, but some kind of improvement has got to happen before Christmas.
If this bunch can pull themselves out the crap, then going forward they could be a strong capable team, but I don't think Adam is the man to lead them.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 06:49:56 PM »
In the words of Sir Elton (or is that Bernie Taupin?) "It's a sad, sad situation and it's getting more and more absurd".
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »
Bernie.  8)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
So.....eight league games till the festive period, those games being Brackley, Salford, Leamington, Stockport, Harrogate, York, Southport & Alfreton.  Just what is the total points expectation from all of these games if as predicted Murray will still be in charge through to Christmas ? Going on form alone I would say its going to be L,L,D,L,L,L,W,D which if correct would leave us in a right old mess and in serious threat of relegation. If our bad form continues I would say we need to cut our losses way before the festive period otherwise it could be a harder mountain to climb. Would love to be proved wrong over the next three to four games ! We have to believe something good will happen soon, but patience is wearing thin. A massive performance is needed this weekend.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
Extra training session tonight at York Street.
United we stand..................

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »
I think you can only foist ' how many points from how many games ' once in a while .

Fans want a good manager with at least say a 40% win ratio .

A win in the next 2 games is what I would demand , why anything less at this time ? :o

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 11:31:42 PM »
Now is the winter of our discontent! Shakespeare a pilgrim supporter?
To be or not to be, that is the question.
Could there be managerial fireworks before nov 5?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:35:17 PM by Bunyan »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »
Now is the winter of our discontent! Shakespeare a pilgrim supporter?
To be or not to be, that is the question.
Could there be managerial fireworks before nov 5?

If Leftbacks prediction is correct re next 8 results and AM is still is place I predict that the KH Army will release their gunpowder during what could be a humiliating Christmas football double for Pilgrim fans .

youngchubby69

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
Just read an article in the Boston Standard from Adam, apparently he still has the backing of the chairman and players.
DN still thinks things are ok, Adam doesn't think our position is not recoverable and he also thinks that a change of manager could be backwards move, well I suppose he say that.
He also blame's the players lack of confidence for the hoof ball game.
But never blame's himself, funny that !!

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2017, 02:29:12 PM »
Well last year he blamed the pitch and now we have a great pitch but I cannot remember at any time this side trying to get it down and play during his abysmal tenure.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
Well last year he blamed the pitch and now we have a great pitch but I cannot remember at any time this side trying to get it down and play during his abysmal tenure.

Great pitch ,  a great earner ,  can't put a figure on it at the moment  how much it will earn Chorley in the cup .
Surely providing a footballing team a pitch like YS to play on is one of the biggest own goals ever that Adam will score .

Adams biggest sin is not putting a dross side on the field , but being in denial himself and expecting fans to do the same is his biggest error of judgement .  In any business treating customers ( fans) as mugs creates bad will which is hard to recover . 
I for one find it unforgivably patronising that he expects me to believe the  contradictory rubbish he ask us to believe .
Is it me being harsh ?