Author Topic: It's a results game!  (Read 22912 times)

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
Re: It's a results game!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »
The longer AM sticks around getting bad results will also damage his reputation (if he had one ) his managerial experience was in the football league and now he's struggling to cut it in the conference north , for his future he soon needs to hold his hands up and go

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 09:21:07 PM »
YC- good players are good players for a reason. I am sure there have been a few team talks from top european clubs saying - right you 3 stick on messi....

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
GHM disagree totally a good example surely playing against a team flying near the top unbeaten for a while. There best players were on loan one probably the best player I’ve seen this year and a keeper that made a worldie near the end. Great battle with good backing yes we lost but a poor example never. Losing without a shot on goal no passion that would be

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 09:34:50 PM »
YC- good players are good players for a reason. I am sure there have been a few team talks from top european clubs saying - right you 3 stick on messi....

How many more Jam Jars would you need to fill before we can buy Messi?
Oh I can only dream.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
Depends on his tax allegations. Just using him as an example about the post about the hat trick hero!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »
Having been here almost a year I find it hard to see how he's all of a sudden going to turn it around now. Some managers can get the best out of those they manage. I don't think AM  does. If so many of the players come with bigged up reputations then why so many sub standard performances.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
GHM disagree totally a good example surely playing against a team flying near the top unbeaten for a while. There best players were on loan one probably the best player I’ve seen this year and a keeper that made a worldie near the end. Great battle with good backing yes we lost but a poor example never. Losing without a shot on goal no passion that would be

Fair enough FC , if a gallant defeat at home to a team only on the verge of the play-offs meets your expectations fine ,  but I don't  think that will satisfy fans who considered reaching play-offs as not successful .    Are you sure a manager with a 25% win rate and the demotion that goes  with it is what the majority of the fans want ? 

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 01:26:01 AM »
Depends on his tax allegations. Just using him as an example about the post about the hat trick hero!
I know, my comment was a light humoured joke.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »
Well, whatever your view is, the Chairman obviously is still backing Adam as there was no "Club Statement" made yesterday. Like him or lump him, Mr Murray appears to be entrenched at BUFC for the time being. Under the circumstances, we should continue to support the  ever changing first XI which our management team deem appropriate to wear the BUFC shirt.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
Well, whatever your view is, the Chairman obviously is still backing Adam as there was no "Club Statement" made yesterday. Like him or lump him, Mr Murray appears to be entrenched at BUFC for the time being. Under the circumstances, we should continue to support the  ever changing first XI which our management team deem appropriate to wear the BUFC shirt.
DN must think Murray can somehow start getting wins? What evidence he has seen to support that hope is invisible to most fans. I will continue to support the team at home. I'm not doing any more aways until the team start turning up for them too.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 11:57:51 AM »
Shrink the crowd then DN won't need such a big stadium!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »
Champs - I'm with you on that one. Used to enjoy my away days - even though I knew we wouldn't have loads of success, we always had some hope. I've done two of the closer ones this year - Tamworth and Telford - both defeats and Telford was just abysmal. The likes of Leamington and Harrogate coming up I would normally be up for but not in the current climate.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
Shrink the crowd then DN won't need such a big stadium!

The new stadium will hold less people than York Street.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »
Yes TEP I've always enjoyed the away games too, for many years now. Win, loose or draw we'd turn up & have a go. Always plenty of noise from our fans. This season it's been just woeful. I mean even last seasons criticised lot under Greene gave us entertaining games at Stockport, Salford, Alty, Nuneaton & Telford.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »
DN must think Murray can somehow start getting wins? What evidence he has seen to support that hope is invisible to most fans. I will continue to support the team at home. I'm not doing any more aways until the team start turning up for them too.

I said a few weeks ago DN would give AM plenty of time and I think he'll still be here for the foreseeable future. My guess is once we get cut adrift in the bottom three he'll act, unless AM jumps ship.

Very worrying.