Author Topic: It's a results game!  (Read 22915 times)

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
It's a results game!
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:11 PM »
And sorry to say Adam that 12 points from 14 games shows that you are not capable of getting the right results.

No more excuses, YOUR project is dead in the water.

Please leave before OUR club is equally dead.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:07:54 PM by aggy »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's a results game!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:17:29 PM »
About 23% win rate after 14 games ,  how many managers are still in a job with a record like that ?
At present rate a grand total of 36 points for season ,  certain relegation .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
Unfortunately I have to agree with the current majority view and I for one is extremely disappointed...Adam promised so much preseason and I,with many others,bought their season ticket and believed in him...He talked a good talk at The Fans Forum but sadly it hasn't worked out...Hes had a decent budget,hes brought in "his players" and we only have 3 victories and 1 clean sheet in 14 league games...Relegation form...Relegation would be a financial disaster for the club,but its now a real possibility...If The Chestnuts decide to stick with AM,then Adam has to seriously up his game...NOW

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 11:35:12 PM »
Unfortunately I have to agree with the current majority view and I for one is extremely disappointed...Adam promised so much preseason and I,with many others,bought their season ticket and believed in him...He talked a good talk at The Fans Forum but sadly it hasn't worked out...Hes had a decent budget,hes brought in "his players" and we only have 3 victories and 1 clean sheet in 14 league games...Relegation form...Relegation would be a financial disaster for the club,but its now a real possibility...If The Chestnuts decide to stick with AM,then Adam has to seriously up his game...NOW

AM has had his chance and failed.
 He has to go and the sooner the better.  The attendances are going to drop off without a doubt because I can't see the results improving.
Are the players actually playing for the manager?

Boston Utd have been taken for a ride by ex-Mansfield personnel and thst has to stop now.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »
My dear old Gran used to say what can’t speak can’t lie, and sadly that’s what our results are indicating to the chairman. I have not commented much on the threads regarding Adams future because I really wanted him to succeed and I think he will eventually, but sadly not at BUFC. This problem is for the Chairman and board to resolve only they know the cost implications, the problem is the cost implications could be far worse if nothing is done. If the decision is not made this week then the next two results will surely decide Adams future.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Surely Adam's contract will be cancelled by 11am tomorrow? I hope he can work out a good severance with the business and that his c.v. has not been too badly damaged by his ineffective extended stay at the club.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
If the inevitable comes, who do we think will take up the reins long term.
Has the chairman got someone ready to step in, I know this is a long shot and probably I am deluded.
But what about Nicky Cowley, is he ready to make that step into solo management, with Jamie Maguire as his number two.
Just a thought.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:29 PM »
If the inevitable comes, who do we think will take up the reins long term.
Has the chairman got someone ready to step in, I know this is a long shot and probably I am deluded.
But what about Nicky Cowley, is he ready to make that step into solo management, with Jamie Maguire as his number two.
Just a thought.
I hope DN will try & get someone in who knows this league well (unlike AM) so they know exactly what's required for us to stay in it. Like us, Bradford PA were in the sh*t this time last year & Mark Bower went in there & gave them the proverbial shot in the arm & got them out the mire. It's got to be someone like him who can turn this mess around quick & get us winning again in this league. Also Bower kept them playing decent stuff & they are pushing the play offs now.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
It's very quiet at York Street today, expected some reaction.
But let's hope if Adam is to stay, that the chairman has not made a huge blunder.
We need some kind of statement from this board, I don't like this silence at all its unnerving.
If the board is going to back Adam they need to publicly let it be known and why.
And it has to be soon.

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »
Think hes gonna get more time!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
YC why is it quiet from York Street DN has a multi million pound company to run as well as being a chairman. Just watched Sky sports News and Stoke City haven't come out to support Mark Hughes if Everton hadn't got walloped Stoke would be below them. We need to get a perspective yes I agree it's not good and we should be higher etc etc but we have a manager whether he is good enough or not is giving 110 percent and cares. Last week we witnessed a corker of a match but lost so easily we could have won but that's football.  So this week let's perhaps lose the AM kind of who should we have in debate and support Saturday to our best ability as it will be tough enough without that going on.  Whichever way it goes let's all show respect to someone who is trying and a young manger that actually cares opposed to some that have turned up and really not tried to be different only one manager will be the champion the rest are ultimately failures.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 07:36:58 PM »
Agree

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
I think they'll give him to the end of the month - see how we fair against Brackley and Salford. Lincs Cup Final could be the highlight of our season.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »
YC why is it quiet from York Street DN has a multi million pound company to run as well as being a chairman. Just watched Sky sports News and Stoke City haven't come out to support Mark Hughes if Everton hadn't got walloped Stoke would be below them. We need to get a perspective yes I agree it's not good and we should be higher etc etc but we have a manager whether he is good enough or not is giving 110 percent and cares. Last week we witnessed a corker of a match but lost so easily we could have won but that's football.  So this week let's perhaps lose the AM kind of who should we have in debate and support Saturday to our best ability as it will be tough enough without that going on.  Whichever way it goes let's all show respect to someone who is trying and a young manger that actually cares opposed to some that have turned up and really not tried to be different only one manager will be the champion the rest are ultimately failures.

Not a good example ,  Hughes has a win rate of almost 40% , Adam has a win rate with his "own players " of 25%.
I think most will agree that Adam gives 110% and cares ,  but to back him the best you could do was to use an important game at home that we lost as an example of his achievements says it all.   He has made promises that have not been fulfilled and his ideas and signing  have failed to fulfil the expectations he predicted .  Few like change of managers but many now despair that Adam has ran out of ideas and has failed to implement those he had .
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:05:56 PM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
Well let's hope that is the case, I would love to see him turn things around, and be successful, I no doubt he does give his all.
Yes let's get behind the team and him, but we need points not a football spectacular.
The Chorley loss was a massive cock up, they no all about there midfield hat trick man, they knew that if you give him space he can hit them, so what did they do, give him all the space in the world, I  am no football manager, but don't you stick someone like him and harras him out of the game.
Sorry his tactics don't stack up for me.
Sorry but I don't have blind faith, I just love this club.