Author Topic: Relegation battle  (Read 8499 times)

baldfinn

• View Profile
Relegation battle
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »
Have we got the characters over the next 6 months to stave off relegation?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Relegation battle
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
I am not sure we have.  Murray said in a recent interview that he wasn't worried that BUFC are 4th from bottom.  We could well be in the bottom 3 at 5pm on Saturday.   Will he be worried then - I suspect he won't.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:03:42 AM »
 :blank:
Have we got the characters over the next 6 months to stave off relegation?
I hope I'm wrong but our fate may not be in our own hands, but in the hands of others, and if they're more rubbish than we are. We have some characters, but not enough quality in half of them to avoid anything. Most players will be better suited a level lower.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:41:00 AM »
I am not sure we have.  Murray said in a recent interview that he wasn't worried that BUFC are 4th from bottom.  We could well be in the bottom 3 at 5pm on Saturday.   Will he be worried then - I suspect he won't.

Hope AM does soon wake up to reality ,   see yet again in local press Adam is still crying he started season with a blank canvas and it takes time .    Sorry Adam if you look a our very recent history it can be done , and other managers in our league are managing  it .
Adam should be reminded that last November BPA were in the hopeless position NFU are now in .
They brought in Mark Bower as manager and finished clear of  relegation . AFC Man U etc may pull of a similar  feat .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
Guiseley 2nd bottom of National Conference have turned fulltime as from now and will retain that status if relegated to the North next season .

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
Will that be because of the parachute payment GHM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:03:46 PM »

No parachute payments in Conference chubby .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »

new chairman at guiseley in June. Director of oil company. increased playing budget & wants them in football league asap. Not going to plan at present.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »

Cheers for clearing that up, probably a good thing.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »
Before the first game v southport AM said there was one more player required & it was a striker.  At various times since early august he's repeatedly said we are close to getting this CF in??

What's going on? Why can't we get a striker signed? The money must be there or he wouldn't keep talking about it. You would think if we can't get someone decent from our league that a goalscorer from a northern premier team would sign for us & want to play in a higher league?

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
Who knows, apparently he keeps missing out on them.
Other manager's seem to find and sign them.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »
Before the first game v southport AM said there was one more player required & it was a striker.  At various times since early august he's repeatedly said we are close to getting this CF in??

What's going on? Why can't we get a striker signed? The money must be there or he wouldn't keep talking about it. You would think if we can't get someone decent from our league that a goalscorer from a northern premier team would sign for us & want to play in a higher league?

Last weekend he said we would have a striker in this week , then again he's made lots of promises .
Then again if he's only going to continue to bring in poor quality players we may as well stick with what we've got and hope for the best .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:41:40 PM by green hats mate »

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Now that the players train in Mansfield - the excuse that Boston is in the back water for attracting players can no longer be used.
Any player joining Boston United only need travel to the town maybe once a fortnight for the match.

Maybe AM was going to sign another player from Mansfield - his scouting abilities seem to start and stop there.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »
Now that the players train in Mansfield - the excuse that Boston is in the back water for attracting players can no longer be used.
Any player joining Boston United only need travel to the town maybe once a fortnight for the match.

Maybe AM was going to sign another player from Mansfield - his scouting abilities seem to start and stop there.
yes the back water theory is pretty much defunct now. As you say moving the training base would, you think, give us a much bigger catchment area for players? The baffling thing is previous managers could get players to Boston from all over the shop, even when we trained locally.

On GHM's point re AM's record with strikers, the Waite situation is the strangest for me. As P86 said Murray signed Waite as a CF as he had been played out of position on the wing at Kiddi. So he comes here & he plays him on the wing then loans him out saying "he's an out & out striker who needs to find his eye for goal again?"

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »

yes the back water theory is pretty much defunct now. As you say moving the training base would, you think, give us a much bigger catchment area for players? The baffling thing is previous managers could get players to Boston from all over the shop, even when we trained locally.

On GHM's point re AM's record with strikers, the Waite situation is the strangest for me. As P86 said Murray signed Waite as a CF as he had been played out of position on the wing at Kiddi. So he comes here & he plays him on the wing then loans him out saying "he's an out & out striker who needs to find his eye for goal again?"

Yes I can't get my head round that one, has Waite even been given a chance to prove that he can do the business in that position?.
His he still being paid by us whilst out on loan, as I know some clubs pay the wages and some don't.