Author Topic: Tonight v Chorley  (Read 16367 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tonight v Chorley
« on: October 17, 2017, 11:16:34 PM »
Sad to lose .
But.....
I was entertained. .which is a first...
Their keeper pulled off at least one worldy save and the no 7 was brilliant.
Good effort...just not quite enough but improvement

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight v Chorley
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
Couldn't be there, but it did sound like a good game and it shows that with attacking positive play that we can be a threat in front of goal. While this result hurts, especially on knowing who the next round threw up we now have to take the positives into these upcoming league games and get some well needed points on the board.  We can be proud of the team tonight, they have shown that they can be creative so onwards we march.  Big games coming up now !

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:34:23 PM »
Full on fa cup tie, yes hmn2p it was very entertaining. That save from kabby 94th min was world class. Their no 7 was one of the best players I've seen at this level, u won't c a better hat trick than that. The sending off changed the game, sadly in their favour. Hope we can kick on from this in the league.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:37:54 PM »
I fail to see how anyone can call for AM to be sacked after tonight's game. Every player gave everything they had but we were beaten by some wonder strikes. At 1-0 Kabbo had a chance to pass to Hawley but flashed his shot wide of the post, they went straight up the other end and equalized. The ref was crap again, number 8 deliberately elbowed and it was obvious the ref saw it as he called the player over so why no card? Number 8 then committed four more fouls and did not see a card. Vinno pushed over in the box in last few seconds but a goal kick given. Unbelievable Jeff. At the end, we had no option but to pass back to George to try and draw them out as they had 10 behind the ball but it did not work yet still we got corners. Cannot fault anyone tonight apart from the muppets calling for AM to be sacked. Were they even there??

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:40:04 PM »
Sad to lose .
But.....
I was entertained. .which is a first...
Their keeper pulled off at least one worldy save and the no 7 was brilliant.
Good effort...just not quite enough but improvement
agreed, at least we had a bloody go at it. I saw some passion and effort, which has been lacking. Their #7 ran the second half for them, yet, ironically he's a Fleetwood loanee, and probably won't play in the next round. I have to make mention of our senior players, Maguire and Hawley. Maguire left nothing back, and gave absolutely everything tonight, and Karl Hawley's ability to bring others around him into play in dangerous places gave us much more shape up front. Shame about the result, but a damn good game in my book. Unlike Crazy Neill, i thought the ref did a decent job at letting lots of the stupid niggly stuff go. He could have spent all night whistling, yet didn't, but he did take decisive action when he had to. I'm not saying he was perfect, but Mr Massey-Ellis (for example) could learn plenty from him.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »
Not a one in fact the support for AM was clear to see and hear.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:10:01 AM »
I sadly could not be there, but I wished I was.
Unlucky lads, but they have done us proud.
 Adam should not go, but lots to do yet.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
Not a one in fact the support for AM was clear to see and hear.

Guess you haven't been on the Facebook page then? They were posting AM out within 5 minutes of the final whistle. usual suspects plus a lot of newbies, think a few aliases have been formed.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:22 AM »
Fishtoft Crew I think they are having a wind up!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:02:08 AM »
We were a clear second best all night. Chorley played all the football, us on the other hand hoofed it and hoped someone would be on the end of it.
I'd like Adam to tell us how Chorley, who looked the poorest side to visit us a couple of months ago, can improve so dramatically and yet we regress in the same time.
I'm really concerned for the future going forward, I've been really supportive of the management but last night I despaired, it was big boot and no thought, horrible to watch and I may well not bother for a few games, I think DN has a big decision to make but if we're not careful we'll be this seasons Altrincham and find ourselves in the HFS Loans League next season.

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 08:36:49 AM »
Whilst I agree with points made about the effort we gave 100% and the players are clearly still playing for Murray.  The gulf in quality was there to see last night! Boston's only way forward was punt down the line or hoof, this told when they went down to 10 men as they kept the ball better!

What we saw in Chorley was a really well coached side, everyone knew there jobs and there was a game plan.  You could tell each player knew their role from the deep midfielder who gets the ball off the defenders, to the wide men who knew when to go forward at the right times to the forwards making intelligent runs! 

I am not calling for AM to be sacked, but let's not gloss over the fact that we lack quality and an identity other than long ball!  I do worry for the rest of the season because hard work will only take you so far.  As for AM saying that this team will climb up the table, I hope he realises last night that we are way off that!

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 09:32:29 AM »
I hadn’t been since early season and have to say it was an improvement. We showed passion and commitment and caused them plenty of problems. The irony is that 3 of the 4 goals scored and 3 fantastic saves were made by Fleetwood players and that was really the difference. How many National North players would have that quality? .I’ve been negative about things but I have to say if we play like we did last night we will climb the table.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
If this  lad had been better handled it might have different...
It's a long time since a player so stood out from the crowd.
https://youtu.be/lxm4XGvtu1I

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
The only way is down. Yes they gave 110% but I'm afraid to say this team is no better than last season. Luckily AM hasn't suffered too many injuries yet. If Chapman is the best midfielder in the league then the 7 is the the best in the world. We gave them too much time to pass the ball on a perfect pitch. Why don't we use the quality pitch to play football?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »
Why don't we use the quality pitch to play football?

Because we're not good enough to use it?

I'm sat here this morning absolutely pi$$ed off with that last night, I don't buy all the stuff about passion, fact is we were out footballed by a team no bigger or better than us who came into the game with a plan. Our plan was hoof it and hope and frankly its just not good enough from a full time manager and a bench full of support staff. No doubt it'll be the same garbage on Saturday at Curzon and another bunch of clichéd excuses.

Fact is its all wearing thin now, results must change or personnel must change.