Author Topic: Tonight v Chorley  (Read 16464 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Tonight v Chorley
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »
Why don't we use the quality pitch to play football?

Because we're not good enough to use it?

I'm sat here this morning absolutely pi$$ed off with that last night, I don't buy all the stuff about passion, fact is we were out footballed by a team no bigger or better than us who came into the game with a plan. Our plan was hoof it and hope and frankly its just not good enough from a full time manager and a bench full of support staff. No doubt it'll be the same garbage on Saturday at Curzon and another bunch of clichéd excuses.

Fact is its all wearing thin now, results must change or personnel must change.

Sorry you wanted change last season and that hasn't worked, so we change again to what??
I am sorry Andy but you call for change,but give us no explanation to what and who would bring in to replace the current management and team.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
Pete, if you think I'm going to apologize or back down on my opinions on Greene then you're going to be disappointed! He'd run his course here and the fact he's still not employed nearly a year on from leaving us tells you a lot about how he's perceived in football.

However I think Adam has proved that once again appointing a manager with FL pedigree (Tommy Taylor, Peter Morris, George Kerr) into a non league environment isn't the way to go. If you look at the (relatively) successful managers down here all have had a non league background (Evans, S&H, Fee, Greene) and I think that when the inevitable parting of the ways happens Dave will have to look down the pyramid and hope to find another guy who wants to prove himself. Who that might be is a question for others to answer.

Adam is a nice guy and a scholar of the game, but his ideas simply aren't working. I'll hold my hands up when he goes and say I backed the wrong horse. Its a real shame, he's obviously a guy with great focus and professionalism but him and Boston are just not working. I hope he turns it round in the next few weeks but I can't see for the life of me where its going to happen with this current squad.

Never asked you to apologise Andy ,  what I was interested in is what level of achievement was expected of the new manager . 
I can,t get involved with immature petty squabbling on social media and his non football antics .

Managing a group of young men is not the job for nice guys in my experience .  Look at our most successful managers you've  listed above , Evans , Scotty and Green,  don't think we can list them under nice guys .

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 05:26:08 PM »
The answer sat in the stands last night, DF.
Now let's now move on.

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »
So last night we were beaten by a Full time team, with more money than us, fielding two league one player's, one scored a hatrick, and the other made some world class saves.
We played hood long ball football but managed to score 3 goals!!
We have improved, but we still lost, Trinity went to Harrogate and won at the weekend, they are improving for me Jarman looked finished last season but DF has turned him around and has put some money in the bank.
They probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league.

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 05:56:10 PM »
One more thing, why is Willis letting in shots in from outside of the 18yard box, this is becoming a worrying and frequent occurrence.
FFS you tell me he can't see them coming, if not we don't stand a chance.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »
Still staggered that there has been no "Club Statement" today, as I think a lot of us expected, now we are out of The Cup, albeit a good contest last night. Not wishing to deprive anyone of a salary, but I simply cannot see what else Mr Murray can achieve here. However, I am sure he is a character who can succeed elsewhere.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »
Can someone enlighten me as to what that off field professionalism of AM is bringing to the team? Is it good passing football? Smart recruitment of players or Good game management?

Keeping off social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, this was proved to lead to very awkward verbal confrontations which just escalated.  In the old days, things were said face to face and I strongly believe that many things which get said on social media get misinterpreted etc whereas face to face one can always question the other immediately to clarify and clear up and misunderstandings. I'm not going to go down the route of discussing the past, but your question is answered as to what Murray is doing right. That alone though doesn't bring us success !

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
So those people calling for change- change to who?
Murray goes so someone put in charge on a caretaker basis =instabilty as he can't really change anything whilst recruitment takes place. New manager then needs time to get to know players =instability trying out different formations. New manager then decides who's not good enough and brings players in ( if there are any better out there! ) =more instability. For want of a cliche ( or 2) "Rome wasn't built in a day" "you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette".
Everyone gave their all last night and the Town end responded. We need more of that in the weeks ahead so lets get behind them and give them our support.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 07:15:34 PM »
Don't think Chorley are full time. And doubt their wage bill is bigger

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »
One more thing, why is Willis letting in shots in from outside of the 18yard box, this is becoming a worrying and frequent occurrence.
FFS you tell me he can't see them coming, if not we don't stand a chance.

He made an absolutely stupendous save early on, getting fingertips to a shot I thought was easily going to hit the net.

He's not going to be perfect... it's why he's playing for us, and not any higher.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2017, 08:01:38 PM »
Can someone enlighten me as to what that off field professionalism of AM is bringing to the team? Is it good passing football? Smart recruitment of players or Good game management?

Keeping off social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, this was proved to lead to very awkward verbal confrontations which just escalated.  In the old days, things were said face to face and I strongly believe that many things which get said on social media get misinterpreted etc whereas face to face one can always question the other immediately to clarify and clear up and misunderstandings. I'm not going to go down the route of discussing the past, but your question is answered as to what Murray is doing right. That alone though doesn't bring us success !
That should be a given for any manager at any level. I was referring to current progress on the pitch not the off field behaviour of Dennis Greene

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2017, 10:20:09 PM »
So those people calling for change- change to who?
Murray goes so someone put in charge on a caretaker basis =instabilty as he can't really change anything whilst recruitment takes place. New manager then needs time to get to know players =instability trying out different formations. New manager then decides who's not good enough and brings players in ( if there are any better out there! ) =more instability. For want of a cliche ( or 2) "Rome wasn't built in a day" "you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette".
Everyone gave their all last night and the Town end responded. We need more of that in the weeks ahead so lets get behind them and give them our support.

Why does Murray feel the need to have so many non players in the dugout?   If the results were good then it wouldn't matter but  surely  they are being paid so what  do they all do?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Just seen a tweet from a Chorley fan which suggests that the away supporters bus was damaged by Boston fans after the game. Says a window was smashed. Any truth? If so, hope the club identify the perpetrators and ban them for life.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
Just seen a tweet from a Chorley fan which suggests that the away supporters bus was damaged by Boston fans after the game. Says a window was smashed. Any truth? If so, hope the club identify the perpetrators and ban them for life.
when I walked past, it was parked on York St still waiting for their fans, no obvious damage, and one of our stewards talking to the driver quite happily.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:12:51 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »
I think the club is suggesting that it happened as the bus was leaving the town.
Yes the perpetrators should be banned for life.