Author Topic: Tonight v Chorley  (Read 16375 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight v Chorley
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
We were a clear second best all night. Chorley played all the football, us on the other hand hoofed it and hoped someone would be on the end of it.
I'd like Adam to tell us how Chorley, who looked the poorest side to visit us a couple of months ago, can improve so dramatically and yet we regress in the same time.
I'm really concerned for the future going forward, I've been really supportive of the management but last night I despaired, it was big boot and no thought, horrible to watch and I may well not bother for a few games, I think DN has a big decision to make but if we're not careful we'll be this seasons Altrincham and find ourselves in the HFS Loans League next season.
I have to agree with you, the style of play even though I have not been able to attend games looks dreadful on the highlights and other fans are echoing the same sentiments. The manager is solely to blame for tactics and signings.  But what has gone wrong ? I remember your words when he signed where you stated that we have a good up and coming manager after a harsh sacking, and that he has good contacts in the right areas and is the type to go out on a cold February night to check out a player. Like I say, what has gone wrong ? I know you touted him as a breath of fresh air after the stale excuses trotted out by the previous manager but during our very poor run on league results Murray does seem like a broken record now ! I am sure you'll agree, we have to pick up some wins over the next three games otherwise the managers job will be under threat. As you know, I supported Greene and I've supported Murray since he came in but can I see this expected professionalism and improvement .... mmmm, results so far in the league leave a lot to be desired. He talks a good game, but for me, results is all that matters. We can be proud of last night as it proved we do have goals in us, but a huge step forward is still needed in the league.  Hopefully that starts this weekend !

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
First off you need to get the idea out of your head Greene was harshly treated, he wasn't, he had to go, there's a lot more to that than we'll ever know about.

Other than that I agree with you, AM is like a broken record now, the same lazy excuses for players that are either not upto the job or not performing for him. He has to turn it round before mid November or we'll be looking at relegation.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:27 AM »
First off you need to get the idea out of your head Greene was harshly treated, he wasn't, he had to go, there's a lot more to that than we'll ever know about.

I've not mentioned about Greenes treatment ? I've moved on from all of that as soon as Murray came into the job. I wish too some fans would move on from giving me grief for what....supporting the previous rightly or wrongly.  As I say, I've equally supported both during their reins. But you can only keep supporting to a certain point, if you remember I called for the previous manager to go several games before he did, and at the moment I am sitting on the fence over Murray until we see what the next crucial few games bring. I'm all for giving people a chance, but inevitably it is the results that count.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »
I think because AM is a nice guy he's been given a relatively easy ride by the support, but that patience will be tested if things don't pick up and quickly. The next game at Curzon and the two home games in a week could be pivotal.

DN will support him, of that I'm sure, but the quality of football coupled with poor results is a lethal combination. I hope for AM's sake he gets some points on the board quickly.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Why don't we use the quality pitch to play football?

Because AM is a long-ball manager. The football is boring, mostly.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
What I can’t understand is why AM insisted on having a perfect surface as opposed to the uneven playing surface. If as people are saying he is mostly a long ball merchant then the pitch should have been left and money put into the squad instead. If we had been playing on last seasons surface last night,  we probably IMO would be playing Fleetwood in a couple of weeks time
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
Disappointing but predictable result .
 I guess it feels like the play offs v Ferriby and Fylde .
  I would still tell Ruby 3 points in next 2 . . or  . .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
The long ball tactic was not a bad option really, we had pace upfront against tall defenders who cannot turn quickly, hence Kabbi's goal, they lost him as they did a three-point turn. When they went down to 10 and took the lead they parked the bus, we had no option but to pass back to George and try to bring them forward so we could utilize the space behind. I am not a fan of the long ball but as a backup tactic it can be useful but looking back on the game I cannot recall many passes to Jay and he was basically wasted. Not moaning at AM tactics as they worked in the first half a lot of the time but when we brought the faster players on (Jay and Vinno) we had to use them more.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »

I've not mentioned about Greenes treatment ? I've moved on from all of that as soon as Murray came into the job. I wish too some fans would move on from giving me grief for what....supporting the previous rightly or wrongly.  As I say, I've equally supported both during their reins. But you can only keep supporting to a certain point, if you remember I called for the previous manager to go several games before he did, and at the moment I am sitting on the fence over Murray until we see what the next crucial few games bring. I'm all for giving people a chance, but inevitably it is the results that count.

First and foremost a thank you to both sets of players for a great nights entertainment every player on the pitch showing 100% commitment , also Chestnuts for promoting the game at reduced prices , great value for £7.  Sadly listening fans comments leaving the match they were of the same opinion as me ,  no quality in the team .

Now from time to time I have a little difference of opinion  with Andy (NF) on here but his and LBDR comments regarding on pitch matters are an accurate reflection on our position .
In the last 11 games against C North opposition we have only won 1 game , that was to rock bottom NFU , our last point was at home with against a Darlington side in freefall . 

Like LB I would like to request Andys opinion on what went wrong with the so called Knobhead Armies plan .
As I recall it was loudly voiced that bringing in a new manager would improve the team to  better standard and improve gates .  where has it all gone wrong Andy ? Where did you for see the club would stand today ?
Credit due to Andy he has maintained coming on patter and standing his corner ,  we now never hear from the aggressive abusive posters that represented the same opinion as Andy ,  probably too busy eating huge portions of humble pie .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »
I think because AM is a nice guy he's been given a relatively easy ride by the support, but that patience will be tested if things don't pick up and quickly. The next game at Curzon and the two home games in a week could be pivotal.

DN will support him, of that I'm sure, but the quality of football coupled with poor results is a lethal combination. I hope for AM's sake he gets some points on the board quickly.

I think some are overestimating the quality  of last nights performance and like Andy I think he will have to prove himself over the next three games .   Dare I say it ?  Gainsborough have left us standing in the FA Cup stakes ,  if we only get a 3/4 point return on the above games we may well be second bottom of the league , if fact lose at Curzon and we may be sitting in a relegation Saturday night , it's that close .
The gate at the Brackley match may well be an indicator as to how tenable the managers position is .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
Pete, if you think I'm going to apologize or back down on my opinions on Greene then you're going to be disappointed! He'd run his course here and the fact he's still not employed nearly a year on from leaving us tells you a lot about how he's perceived in football.

However I think Adam has proved that once again appointing a manager with FL pedigree (Tommy Taylor, Peter Morris, George Kerr) into a non league environment isn't the way to go. If you look at the (relatively) successful managers down here all have had a non league background (Evans, S&H, Fee, Greene) and I think that when the inevitable parting of the ways happens Dave will have to look down the pyramid and hope to find another guy who wants to prove himself. Who that might be is a question for others to answer.

Adam is a nice guy and a scholar of the game, but his ideas simply aren't working. I'll hold my hands up when he goes and say I backed the wrong horse. Its a real shame, he's obviously a guy with great focus and professionalism but him and Boston are just not working. I hope he turns it round in the next few weeks but I can't see for the life of me where its going to happen with this current squad.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:50 PM »
Greene brought all the trouble on himself. I was with N40 at Skeggy after the Bradford away game. Like N40 I was very disappointed with DG comments regarding our loyal away supporters.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 03:35:12 PM »
I still don't know what brought all that on, was it something to do with team selection or a shortage of players?

Another reason not to get too close to the employee's of the club on social media. I've only just found Twitter but its just for cricket and football updates and a few friends, I'd never follow a BUFC player or manager, its not what I'm after.   

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »
Why don't we use the quality pitch to play football?

Because AM is a long-ball manager. The football is boring, mostly.
As I mentioned recently, what we could do with ideally is someone who could get our team playing in the style of that of Greene's or Scotty and Hurst's team's combined with the off field professionalism of Murray. Some of the best matches I have ever witnessed were under the guidance of the aforementioned managers. I like others on here like to see wing play and feeding our strikers from the wide positions rather than the route one style which always gives me neck ache!  I think it's time we all buried the 'Greene did this or did that' debate, it's doing nothing for fan's harmony and grouping as one. We all have differing opinions of everything in life, football just been one of them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:29:52 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:36 PM »
Can someone enlighten me as to what that off field professionalism of AM is bringing to the team? Is it good passing football? Smart recruitment of players or Good game management?

All I see is a rigid predictability of long ball stuff. Teams know exactly what they are up against even before they play us. The commitment could not be faulted last night but that wasn't enough to save alty or sbridge last season. He's got to get some more quality into midfield before as many have said it will be be 2 late & we will be joining ferribye.