Author Topic: Red card's  (Read 6147 times)

youngchubby69

Red card's
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:10:37 AM »
How much does it cost Boston to appeal against a red card.
I guess it may be quite a bit, as Greg Smith stated in the press, that was the reason the club didn't appeal one of his.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Red card's
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
Not much info online only found this article about Scottish Premiership costing £1000 if unsuccessful http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15058544.Appealing_Scott_McDonald_red_card_could_cost_us___1000__but_we_believe_we_are_right___Motherwell_No_2_Scott_McDonald/

If we were 90% confident of wining then the club might be tempted. But if we thought the odds were low then probably not good value financially or time wise with all the time it takes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:54:45 AM by Lee Newell »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 08:02:19 AM »
Can clubs in non-league appeal ? I,ve never heard of it .
Maybe because the appeals committee would not have access to view from enough angles  to come to a reliable conclusion .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:07:15 AM »
I'm sure in one of Murray's interviews after the match for one of the many red cards we have this season he said something along the line that it's not worth bothering appealing as they are known for being difficult to overturn at this level.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »
I'm sure in one of Murray's interviews after the match for one of the many red cards we have this season he said something along the line that it's not worth bothering appealing as they are known for being difficult to overturn at this level.

He is correct Lee ,  as I pointed out in my post not enough camera angles to make a conclusive verdict .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »

Surely the answer to red cards is for the manager to instil some discipline into his team, instead of the manager whinging about referees etc, I watched the latest sending off on regarding Yeomans on the YouTube video, and no way could I see exactly what happened if it did to make the Chorley player go down on the pitch, this event happened at least six or seven yards away from where the referee blew for the supposed foul by Yeomans , the lack of disipline by the whole team led to the melee which led to yet another red card for a Boston United player, Just how many red cards can a team get before the FA discipline the offending club ?,   One of our excellent ex managers Rob Scott  used to say the players need naunce on the pitch, this is something what this team lacks in abundance.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
This is our current disciplinary record, via the FA:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?league=29&club=10548198

Player    Cautions      Dismissals 
Gregory Smith   2   2
Jan   2   1
Brad Mcgowan   0   1
Harry Vince   0   1
Jack Cowgill   0   1
James Clifton   6   0
Adam Chapman   3   0
Jack Thomas   3   0
Jordan Keane   3   0
Bradley Beatson   1   0
Jamie Mcguire   1   0
Jay Rollins   1   0
Kabongo Tshimanga   1   0
Mason Warren   1   0

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
We have a few to our name and i seen a few posts with fans getting on the teams back about the red record but in fairness theres been a few reds that in my opion have been given completly unfairly and injust but as said above theres just not the angles

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:37 AM »

Surely the answer to red cards is for the manager to instil some discipline into his team, instead of the manager whinging about referees etc, I watched the latest sending off on regarding Yeomans on the YouTube video, and no way could I see exactly what happened if it did to make the Chorley player go down on the pitch, this event happened at least six or seven yards away from where the referee blew for the supposed foul by Yeomans , the lack of disipline by the whole team led to the melee which led to yet another red card for a Boston United player, Just how many red cards can a team get before the FA discipline the offending club ?,   One of our excellent ex managers Rob Scott  used to say the players need naunce on the pitch, this is something what this team lacks in abundance.

Agree creamy , as the above shows fans are getting fed up with a manager who constantly puts his  short comings down to other factors/people but himself . 
Good to see Rob Scott mentioned ,  be helpful to have him in our dressing room pre-match tonight .

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:02:42 AM by green hats mate »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »
We have a few to our name and i seen a few posts with fans getting on the teams back about the red record but in fairness theres been a few reds that in my opion have been given completly unfairly and injust but as said above theres just not the angles

Fair point , but then again many sitting in the main stand recently saw a Boston striker clearly elbow an opponent in the eye with blood to prove it ,   went unnoticed by ref and nearby lino .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:13:46 AM by green hats mate »

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
Can clubs in non-league appeal ? I,ve never heard of it .
Maybe because the appeals committee would not have access to view from enough angles  to come to a reliable conclusion .

The answer to that is yes, non-league clubs can appeal against red cards, but as has been said you do need to have conclusive evidence to be successful though.

About three years ago I successfully managed to get a red card overturned for a Worksop player, but that was the only time in the last four seasons we have felt we had sufficient evidence to appeal even when we felt some of the red cards were definitely undeserved.

I cannot remember how much it cost to appeal it may have been £50 or £100, I think it was £50.

However, it may be different for you. As we are a NCEL club our appeals go to the County FA (Sheffield & Hallamshire in our case), I seem to recall when we were in the Evo-Stik Premier we had to appeal via the FA not the County FA, thus I suspect for you any appeals would need to go to the FA so the cost may be different?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »
Will the club be fined for our poor disciplinary record?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Will the club be fined for our poor disciplinary record?

I know at Worksop's level a club can be fined for poor discipline. There are two "totting up" systems that I know about that club's can fall foul of.

Firstly, at our level once a club reaches 75 disciplinary points for bookings/sending offs then they are charged and fined for having a poor disciplinary record.

Secondly, there is the FA's Respect campaign which relates to bookings for dissent by word or actions (C2's). Once a club has received 5 (maybe 6) bookings for dissent the club is charged and fined under the Respect campaign, the next threshold is 10 bookings for dissent. Once this is reached the club is charged and fined again (a larger fine this time), I don't know what the next threshold is, probably 15.

As I said in a previous posting our disciplinary matters are dealt with at County FA level, I believe yours is dealt with by the FA however I would expect there are similar processes in place whereby a club at your level could be fined for a poor disciplinary record.   

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
Many thanks to you all,that's been very interesting.