Author Topic: Question  (Read 4678 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Question
« on: October 19, 2017, 11:51:29 AM »
Can anyone here shed any light on a decision the referee made on Tuesday because so far no one has an answer.

Their number 8 elbowed Brad at a set piece, Brad goes down and the ref calls number 8 to him. He gives player a telling off, now here is the question

By calling the player to him he obviously saw what happened so, why no card?? Just a chat.  Also, number 8 did three fouls later and got no card yet one was similar to the challenge that saw a yellow brandished to Maguire.

Not blaming the ref for our defeat, just cannot work out if he saw the incident why was no card shown?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »
Can anyone here shed any light on a decision the referee made on Tuesday because so far no one has an answer.

Their number 8 elbowed Brad at a set piece, Brad goes down and the ref calls number 8 to him. He gives player a telling off, now here is the question

By calling the player to him he obviously saw what happened so, why no card?? Just a chat.  Also, number 8 did three fouls later and got no card yet one was similar to the challenge that saw a yellow brandished to Maguire.

Not blaming the ref for our defeat, just cannot work out if he saw the incident why was no card shown?

Don't worry ,  it's when you can understand refs that you may have a problem .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:46:56 PM »
I think the ref knew something had happened, but not exactly what. A ref cannot make a decision on what he presumes happens (and the lino may have had his view obscured by other players).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »
Agree with Pilgrim86. Can't card anybody if you're not 100% sure it happened.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »
Agree with Pilgrim86. Can't card anybody if you're not 100% sure it happened.

Doesn't seem to have stopped some in the past!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
Agree with Pilgrim86 here.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
I thought the ref had a good game on Tuesday, not that it was a tough game to handle, just the one real flashpoint.

Decisions even themselves out over a season. One thing I'd never question is a Ref's integrity and I think those that do need to get a bit of perspective, without them there is no game and at the end of the day that's all it is, a game.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »
Well said N40. Agree with that.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:46:57 PM »
I think the ref knew something had happened, but not exactly what. A ref cannot make a decision on what he presumes happens (and the lino may have had his view obscured by other players).
I believe the player stuck his fingers in Jan's eyes! As stated, if the ref hasn't seen it, he can't card it, hence the talk with the player and his skipper, rather than any card. As we saw later on, he was fully trusting in his assistant with regard the sending off. His assistant clearly called the ref over, and despite Chorley's best attempts to interrupt, the ref heard everything he had to say about it, and then dished out the deserved card. Good officials, I thought.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
Cleared that up, thanks :)   Lino missed the push on Vinno though (albeit very slight lol) :D

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 11:19:46 PM »
Cleared that up, thanks :)   Lino missed the push on Vinno though (albeit very slight lol) :D
Only a little nudge! Vinno must have made the most of it!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684