Author Topic: Good Luck  (Read 17021 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good Luck
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 01:48:09 PM »
GHM I like you have supported this club for many a year ( not as long as you, you old bugger ).

We now live in a different world, where keyboard warriors hide behind a stupid name ( me included ;) )

Where the school bully can still bully you when you are away from school.  Just look at the trolls who post death treats to MPs etc.

Gone are the days when you went to a match, let off steam about some inept performance went to the pub and forgot about it.

Today we still talk about it weeks later via Patter and social media.  There is no escape for management or players.

I was not one of the anti DG brigade, I did not like him as a person but as a manager he suited us. You know I like a good conspiracy theory.  I thought we played the second leg at North Ferriby like we didn't want to win and after that it looked like DG lost interest.

I would still invest in the club if I had the money, it's in your blood.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
The Knobhead Army have  a lot to answer for...
about 6 or 8 (thats all) mouths have lead us to where we are...nearly bottom.
in turn they encouraged some young teenage keyboard warriors to follow and like sheep they did
well done lads...i hope you are proud
after welcoming AM as some sort of God, they're starting to turn on him as well.
you wanted DG out..you got that...you now want AM out ..maybe one of you football geniuses could step up and have a go??

For all their claims of being fans these people just use the club to provide themselves with a target (manager or players )
to spew foul mouth abuse at .

They appear to be completely ignorant of the process of running a football club being limited to the usual clichés ," speculate to accumulate "    "offer reduced admission"  "get a proper manager"  etc .

Never ever having been critical of DN on this occasion I am going to be so ,   when this social media nonsense began he should have  nipped in the bud ,  Greene should have been told to cut out or go ,  likewise it should have been made clear to the so called knobhead army cut it out or a ban will be imposed .    These geniuses cannot figure out their behaviour offends decent fans and must make sponsors think is it a club that deserves backing .  they are just draining the heart out of the club .
The Knobhead Army have  a lot to answer for...
about 6 or 8 (thats all) mouths have lead us to where we are...nearly bottom.
in turn they encouraged some young teenage keyboard warriors to follow and like sheep they did
well done lads...i hope you are proud
after welcoming AM as some sort of God, they're starting to turn on him as well.
you wanted DG out..you got that...you now want AM out ..maybe one of you football geniuses could step up and have a go??

got to agree with the above.....also they liked to dish out the abuse but when they get a bit back they bleat about it.....most of them have a puffed up sense of self importance...one or two i could name (but i won't) especially

One day you'll maker yourself known to me and we can discuss exactly what your issue is with me as no doubt that snipe is aimed at me, most of your digs are.

That's a relief I thought it was aimed at me, but I am sure you have thicker skin than that Andy.
You like me have been a supporter for many years and have contributed more than most, don't be troubled by it.

Sadly my attempt to encourage thinking and tolerance has failed abysmally .

I like to think I am a good friend of Andy and can't recall him uttering an offending  statement to me .
I have supported BUFC DECADES longer than Andy and I guess all the so called knob head army , I can tell them this does not qualify me , Andy or the army to shout foulmouthed abuse at managers/ players and fellow fans ,  surely a little bit of thinking should tell them this does nothing to help progress the club .  Like some other fans Andys expectations are maybe set too high at the moment .

I don't do twitter , facebook,  etc   but I gather it was a great outlet for abuse in the Amy v Greene war . I think that's fine , stick to it there and leave YS in peace .

I can see us all having a test of tolerance for much longer yet .

As many know I had altercations with Mr Green but they were always face to face and that is the way it should be. Can we all please leave the past in the past and concentrate our energy on helping to get the club out of the mess it has found itself. I will be watching our youth team this afternoon with the hope of seeing some of our first team of the future. Will then be at Chorley more in hope than expectation as my prediction of a six goal thrashing based on the Telford non performance. A fooL? maybe but we have been through worse.  UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »
GHM I like you have supported this club for many a year ( not as long as you, you old bugger ).

We now live in a different world, where keyboard warriors hide behind a stupid name ( me included ;) )

Where the school bully can still bully you when you are away from school.  Just look at the trolls who post death treats to MPs etc.

Gone are the days when you went to a match, let off steam about some inept performance went to the pub and forgot about it.

Today we still talk about it weeks later via Patter and social media.  There is no escape for management or players.

I was not one of the anti DG brigade, I did not like him as a person but as a manager he suited us. You know I like a good conspiracy theory.  I thought we played the second leg at North Ferriby like we didn't want to win and after that it looked like DG lost interest.

I would still invest in the club if I had the money, it's in your blood.

You know too that I enjoy a good conspiracy storey Dip , and I think there is no better place than the Conf North play-offs to find one .
Fans at other clubs also often do speculation on certain players attitude , fuelled by speculation on the players desire or not to turn full time .

Hope you have a lotto win and form a cooperative to run the club with Chubby and his winnings .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:12:15 PM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »
Yes GHM tolerance and understanding is needed at the moment, no amount of falling out and abuse will fix anything on or off the field, I am in my 33 season as a supporter and when here of people that have been surporters much longer than me I have nothing but admiration and respect for them.
Those like yourself must have massive amounts of resolve.
In my time as a supporter I have questioned myself as to why I bother carrying on as a supporting.
Well the answer to that came clear sitting in the ground, listening to John Blackwell and Mr Pieipoint trying to come up with a plan to stop us going out of existence, their were many people in that crowd, who had tears welling up there eyes and fear on their faces including me.
I was massively in debt back then and had no money other than £200 which I took with me to give to the club.
It's only then that I realized why I supported Boston United.
I don't live in the town wasn't born there either, I live closer to Holbeach and Spalding and it's the same distance to travel to King's Lynn as it is to Boston.
I support them because from the first time I went to watch them I was made to feel welcome, and above all I enjoyed it.
It was the nearest thing to watching league football in a proper ground.
As one old fella said to me at a home game recently, " I don't know why everyone is moaning we still have a club and stadium and we are still watching a decent standard of football, it may not always be us that are playing it,but still we are watching it"
Keep the faith everyone, because sometimes that's all we have to fall back on.
Here's to the first round proper of the FA CUP.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »
Look, we all heard the stories swirling around the club when DG was in charge. As a person, he wasn't someone many of us would warm to but yeah, he was a good fit for the club and the players seemed to enjoy playing for him. I honestly don't think the 'Knobhead Army' seriously swayed Newton's final decision. The worst they did was provoke DG into a few social media spats, which given DN's penchant for professionalism and running a tight ship, certainly didn't help - but in the end DG dug his own grave by essentially chucking the towel in, by which I mean I don't think he had the energy to build another team. The summer after Ferriby needed early signings and a plan - he didn't have one.

I recall at Fylde, having just been utterly humiliated, it was left to Gregg Smith to conduct the post-match post-mortem on the pitch with a few of the United squad. Den wasn't really bothered. He found Carla and buggered off down the tunnel, not to be seen again. Indeed, Paul Cavell was left to wander around looking for him. It was then that I knew it was curtains for DG, his mind just seemed elsewhere. It's a shame how it ended - I think he'd just run his course and a parting of ways was inevitable. Really don't think you can say six lads on twitter or Andy B yelling at him really affected things too much. Christ, if that's the kind of thing that did, Newt would burn through eight managers a month.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »
DG should have gone after the Ferriby humiliation. He'd taken us as far as he could.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
DN's one real mistake in 10 years; giving Greene a contract extension BEFORE the play off. We all knew the team was going to break up, Pidge off travelling, Zack,Dayle and a few others looking to move on; it was a time for a fresh start.

Never mind, we have what we have and the most important thing is we've still got a club even if it is a league below where it ought to be.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »
DN's one real mistake in 10 years; giving Greene a contract extension BEFORE the play off. We all knew the team was going to break up, Pidge off travelling, Zack,Dayle and a few others looking to move on; it was a time for a fresh start.

Never mind, we have what we have and the most important thing is we've still got a club even if it is a league below where it ought to be.
you could be right about about the timing of Greenes 2 yr contract extension. Wonder why  DN only announced it on the 11 may on the club o/s; 3 days after the play off 2nd leg?  There doesn't appear to be any evidence of the contract being awarded before either of the play off legs?

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 09:56:18 PM »
But Dennis would have known before that, as he would have been in negotiations before hand.
It was probably signed and sealed before the first leg against Ferriby.
In fairness to DN why wouldn't you give him a contract, after all achieved the targets he was set.
But anyway that's in the past now, time we all moved on, and look to the future.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 08:35:09 AM »
Moving on. Where are these casualties he was talking about. Still no new forward I bet we sign another defender

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »

Don't think Greene would get many week end breaks at Skeggy on his compo Andy .
The subject on non-league managers contracts is not worth discussing unless we can see the actual terms of the contract /s

I think you last sentence underlines the problem facing chairman and managers at BUFC ,  I presume you mean we should be at Con NATIONAL level ,   what criteria is this based on ?

As for it being DN only mistake if you recall the appointments of at least 3 of his managers have been highly criticised by you , and I would suggest proved more expensive than the compensation discussed here .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:05:13 AM by green hats mate »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
Moving on. Where are these casualties he was talking about. Still no new forward I bet we sign another defender

No rush Big M,  reading  AM on the Vanarama site it appears he has moved the goal posts ,  we are " building for next season" looks like the promotion push attempt  promised has been aborted .     Next few signings will maybe reveal which league we are heading for .
 We've made ""massive steps " says Adam .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »

No rush Big M,  reading  AM on the Vanarama site it appears he has moved the goal posts ,  we are " building for next season" looks like the promotion push attempt  promised has been aborted .     Next few signings will maybe reveal which league we are heading for .

Well if AM says we've made massive steps I'm reassured  ;D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »

Just for you Pete according to AM we are going to need these

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:52:19 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »

Just for you Pete according to AM we are going to need these

If we lose on Saturday Dave he will be in need of my tin hat , steel vest and ear plugs . :'(