Author Topic: Good Luck  (Read 17120 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good Luck
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »
To Chubby today in the £167 million Euro Lottery Draw .

I reckon if chubby wins he will be true to his word and buy the club out .

What will Chubby get in return ?   First and foremost a warm and genuine thank you from DN

Also messages on Patter from some fans expressing loyalty and respect , who in a few months time
                                                 will probably be abusive to your choice of manager .

A demand from the above mentioned fans that winning the league is a must .  anything else is failure ,
                                                 and a licence to condemn your choice of manager .

Never ever being involved in the running of a football club  the advice I offer you is only what I have gathered by spending many   
   decades watching football at York St .        Never ever be swayed be a very small number of vociferous fans who throw vile abuse
  at managers/players ,   always aim to please the vast majority.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:13:01 AM by green hats mate »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good Luck
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:37 AM »
The Knobhead Army have  a lot to answer for...
about 6 or 8 (thats all) mouths have lead us to where we are...nearly bottom.
in turn they encouraged some young teenage keyboard warriors to follow and like sheep they did
well done lads...i hope you are proud
after welcoming AM as some sort of God, they're starting to turn on him as well.
you wanted DG out..you got that...you now want AM out ..maybe one of you football geniuses could step up and have a go??

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »
To Chubby today in the £167 million Euro Lottery Draw .

I reckon if chubby wins he will be true to his word and buy the club out .

What will Chubby get in return ?   First and foremost a warm and genuine thank you from DN

Also messages on Patter from some fans expressing loyalty and respect , who in a few months time
                                                 will probably be abusive to your choice of manager .

A demand from the above mentioned fans that winning the league is a must .  anything else is failure ,
                                                 and a licence to condemn your choice of manager .

Never ever being involved in the running of a football club  the advice I offer you is only what I have gathered by spending many   
   decades watching football at York St .        Never ever be swayed be a very small number of vociferous fans who throw vile abuse
  at managers/players ,   always aim to please the vast majority.

Sorry to disappoint but I will not be buying the club, I will though get that bloody stadium built for you all.
I will make a sizeable donation to the playing budget though.
After giving no thought to this at all, I will though buy Salford City, my plan is to throw out the BBC cameras and slash the playing budget to £1000 a year.
Then sit back and laugh as the club tumbles down the league's until it is not viable anymore, shut the gates and sell it of for a fat profit, to some property developer.
I will then buy Boston United with the money I have made out of Salford demise.
Great let's hope I win now.                                                                                                                                             
[/Squote]

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:12 PM »
in turn they encouraged some young teenage keyboard warriors to follow and like sheep they did
after welcoming AM as some sort of God, they're starting to turn on him as well.
you wanted DG out..you got that...you now want AM out ..maybe one of you football geniuses could step up and have a go??

For all their claims of being fans these people just use the club to provide themselves with a target (manager or players )
to spew foul mouth abuse at .

They appear to be completely ignorant of the process of running a football club being limited to the usual clichés ," speculate to accumulate "    "offer reduced admission"  "get a proper manager"  etc .

Never ever having been critical of DN on this occasion I am going to be so ,   when this social media nonsense began he should have  nipped in the bud ,  Greene should have been told to cut out or go ,  likewise it should have been made clear to the so called knobhead army cut it out or a ban will be imposed .    These geniuses cannot figure out their behaviour offends decent fans and must make sponsors think is it a club that deserves backing .  they are just draining the heart out of the club .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
Agreed

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
Hate to disappoint you, but tonight's Euro Millions jackpot is only an estimated £15 million. Hardly worth bothering with. :)

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 07:53:06 PM »
Agree entirely with above posts (kind of restores my faith in patter,well just a little)
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
I say good luck for Saturday lads ! Prove all these guys wrong and get us in the first round proper. Home tie please.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
I agree OXO, they need to just go for it.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »

got to agree with the above.....also they liked to dish out the abuse but when they get a bit back they bleat about it.....most of them have a puffed up sense of self importance...one or two i could name (but i won't) especially

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:09:47 AM »
I say good luck for Saturday lads ! Prove all these guys wrong and get us in the first round proper. Home tie please.

All real BUFC fans will agree with that.
United we stand..................

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 06:51:07 AM »

got to agree with the above.....also they liked to dish out the abuse but when they get a bit back they bleat about it.....most of them have a puffed up sense of self importance...one or two i could name (but i won't) especially

One day you'll maker yourself known to me and we can discuss exactly what your issue is with me as no doubt that snipe is aimed at me, most of your digs are.

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 06:53:16 AM »
I think most Boston United fans want the best for the club, and do support the team and manager.
But at the moment there is a lack of self belief all through the club.
Much of this revolves around the lack of progress with the new ground, I think once we see the diggers move in and some action with that the nerves will settle.
At the moment for me the club seems to be in a void and drifting a little bit.
But OXO is right we must all stick together now and help pull Boston through this, it's frustrating at the best of times, but we are Boston United and have come through tougher times than this.
Keep the faith and keep believing

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

One day you'll maker yourself known to me and we can discuss exactly what your issue is with me as no doubt that snipe is aimed at me, most of your digs are.

That's a relief I thought it was aimed at me, but I am sure you have thicker skin than that Andy.
You like me have been a supporter for many years and have contributed more than most, don't be troubled by it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »

For all their claims of being fans these people just use the club to provide themselves with a target (manager or players )
to spew foul mouth abuse at .

They appear to be completely ignorant of the process of running a football club being limited to the usual clichés ," speculate to accumulate "    "offer reduced admission"  "get a proper manager"  etc .

Never ever having been critical of DN on this occasion I am going to be so ,   when this social media nonsense began he should have  nipped in the bud ,  Greene should have been told to cut out or go ,  likewise it should have been made clear to the so called knobhead army cut it out or a ban will be imposed .    These geniuses cannot figure out their behaviour offends decent fans and must make sponsors think is it a club that deserves backing .  they are just draining the heart out of the club .

That's a relief I thought it was aimed at me, but I am sure you have thicker skin than that Andy.
You like me have been a supporter for many years and have contributed more than most, don't be troubled by it.

Sadly my attempt to encourage thinking and tolerance has failed abysmally .

I like to think I am a good friend of Andy and can't recall him uttering an offending  statement to me .
I have supported BUFC DECADES longer than Andy and I guess all the so called knob head army , I can tell them this does not qualify me , Andy or the army to shout foulmouthed abuse at managers/ players and fellow fans ,  surely a little bit of thinking should tell them this does nothing to help progress the club .  Like some other fans Andys expectations are maybe set too high at the moment .

I don't do twitter , facebook,  etc   but I gather it was a great outlet for abuse in the Amy v Greene war . I think that's fine , stick to it there and leave YS in peace .

I can see us all having a test of tolerance for much longer yet .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:32:47 PM by green hats mate »