Author Topic: Good Luck  (Read 17117 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good Luck
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
Agree with a lot of what has been posted on here. I left the Supporters page on Facebook as the same few people were calling for AM to be sacked (where were they the week before? Oh, yeah, we won, move on). As you say the sheep mentality is back, hearing idiots slagging off Chapman when a pass goes astray and he is sat on the bench just sums up some of the idiots.

One muppet was having a go at AM so I pointed him in the direction of a youtube video where Craig interviewed AM with the latter apologising for getting it wrong so far this season (first 10 or so games) and he was working hard to rectify this now we are back to saturday only games, needless to say said muppet refused to watch the video .

We are trying to get forwards BUT with money floating around the top few clubs players would rather sit on their arse for a decent pay packet rather than play regular football, that is true at all levels not just ours.

Anyway, I shall be cheering the lads on tomorrow via Twitter and IF we draw I shall be there for the replay.

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:37 PM »
Just something I read just now and thought it was appropriate to our situation

Meanwhile, former Reds boss Kenny Dalglish said patience was required and that there was no quick solution for Klopp.

"If you buy well enough then you can compete. You don't have to do it in one transfer window, it may take four or five," said Dalglish, who won the league title three times in charge of Liverpool between 1985 and 1991.

"I think it is society. People are used to instant solutions but it doesn't work in football.

"A bit of patience doesn't go amiss for anyone who wants to be successful."

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »
Agree with a lot of what has been posted on here. I left the Supporters page on Facebook as the same few people were calling for AM to be sacked (where were they the week before? Oh, yeah, we won, move on). As you say the sheep mentality is back, hearing idiots slagging off Chapman when a pass goes astray and he is sat on the bench just sums up some of the idiots.

One muppet was having a go at AM so I pointed him in the direction of a youtube video where Craig interviewed AM with the latter apologising for getting it wrong so far this season (first 10 or so games) and he was working hard to rectify this now we are back to saturday only games, needless to say said muppet refused to watch the video .

We are trying to get forwards BUT with money floating around the top few clubs players would rather sit on their arse for a decent pay packet rather than play regular football, that is true at all levels not just ours.

Anyway, I shall be cheering the lads on tomorrow via Twitter and IF we draw I shall be there for the replay.
Biggest game in Murrays history though mate.
Win and we move on to getting some well needed league wins, draw and we will still have a chance in the cup but dare I say it, lose and his time here might be over or at the very least hanging by a thread. I would love Murray to turn things around and prove us wrong but it does seem that his tactics are not working and resulting in negative play thus not creating shots on goal or much of a threat going forward. Our stats this season is all I need to conclude this this season, it just seems very poor with what we were told were better players signed ! Sooner or later these players need to live up to their respective billings and the manager needs to live up to his ambitions of play offs.
Personally I think what we need is a manager who is a mix of Greene's style of play and with Murrays friendliness and someone who is keeping off Twitter !
Lets cross fingers, thumbs, legs and eyes for this much needed cup win.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »

Meanwhile, former Reds boss Kenny Dalglish said patience was required and that there was no quick solution for Klopp.

"If you buy well enough then you can compete. You don't have to do it in one transfer window, it may take four or five," said Dalglish, who won the league title three times in charge of Liverpool between 1985 and 1991.

"I think it is society. People are used to instant solutions but it doesn't work in football.

Sadly it does not work in our league , clubs can 't risk  giving players long contracts . We built a team containing 4/5 outstanding players , they departed to better things and almost a year on we appear to still be in decline .   Kiddy last years runners-up had 5 of their players move on to higher level and lost a striker which they were desperate to keep to Boston (who said Adam couldn't find strikers ).  After 12 games the manager appears to be getting them turned round .

I suspect too much of our budget is taken up on the bench .

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2017, 07:46:14 AM »
Well today is the day, a win would be wonderful, but I would take a draw.
Good luck to everyone, and to those going have a safe journey.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
Well it's off to Chorley a ground I enjoy visiting. Am I daft? Probably, Do I think we can win? Got us being hammered 6_0 on predictor based on last weeks awful effort. Just proved I am daft but hey ho cheap beer and good pies.  UTP

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 08:57:35 AM »
Good luck lads and as Hughie Green used to say “I mean that most sincerely “.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:30 AM »

Sadly it does not work in our league , clubs can 't risk  giving players long contracts . We built a team containing 4/5 outstanding players , they departed to better things and almost a year on we appear to still be in decline .   Kiddy last years runners-up had 5 of their players move on to higher level and lost a striker which they were desperate to keep to Boston (who said Adam couldn't find strikers ).  After 12 games the manager appears to be getting them turned round .

So Kiddi wanted to hang on to Waite, but Adam shoves him out on loan, which according to the web is now over.
I wonder if he will return today, I just don't think he has been given a chance to prove his worth at Boston.
He will probably be released from us, re sign for Kiddi, and then bang a hatrick in against us, funny old game.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
Come on Boston give it your all today. A draw would be great result. Keep us in hat. We due a big performance. Don't miss many away but can't get today, good luck lads, hope it's a good trip for all.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »

So Kiddi wanted to hang on to Waite, but Adam shoves him out on loan, which according to the web is now over.
I wonder if he will return today, I just don't think he has been given a chance to prove his worth at Boston.
He will probably be released from us, re sign for Kiddi, and then bang a hatrick in against us, funny old game.

You know I believe all Adam says chubby,   but  reading on the Kiddy fans forum at the time their fans were pleased to see him go .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
Did any of you miserable sods notice that we are still in the hat for the next round. Let me tell you it was a very good performance and we were robbed by the most pathetic ref I have ever seen. I was leaning on the wall behind the goal directly in line when Yeomans had beaten two defenders to the ball and was about to shoot from just six yards, in fact it needed little more than a toe poke and he was felled from behind, as stone wall penalty as you will ever see, Play on says the ref ball is cleared down field Yeomans races back and tackles their forward as he goes for goal. Yeomans is dismissed, Justice?.
I know this will cause some of you distress but 120 or so supporters sang "There's only one Adam Murray" as they applauded the lads off. This performance was a million miles from last week and if we can find that elusive striker we will be okay. Unfortunately I will be away on Tuesday but ask that those among you who are true fans to get down and get behind them.  UTP

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »
WELL DONE LADS! WELL DONE AM!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 10:17:54 PM »
Did any of you miserable sods notice that we are still in the hat for the next round. Let me tell you it was a very good performance and we were robbed by the most pathetic ref I have ever seen. I was leaning on the wall behind the goal directly in line when Yeomans had beaten two defenders to the ball and was about to shoot from just six yards, in fact it needed little more than a toe poke and he was felled from behind, as stone wall penalty as you will ever see, Play on says the ref ball is cleared down field Yeomans races back and tackles their forward as he goes for goal. Yeomans is dismissed, Justice?.
I know this will cause some of you distress but 120 or so supporters sang "There's only one Adam Murray" as they applauded the lads off. This performance was a million miles from last week and if we can find that elusive striker we will be okay. Unfortunately I will be away on Tuesday but ask that those among you who are true fans to get down and get behind them.  UTP
The knobhead army are known for singing some odd chants ! lol. Guess they are these 'true fans' of which you speak and those who disagree with them are not.  Oh well, lets all jump aboard the knobhead train to be a real fan :laugh: :laugh:  Calm down, all said in jest.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 12:04:57 AM »
Mel I must agree when we are poor the keyboard warriors are all over it when we we battle and get a great result nothing. Sat on a beach today had Chorley Radio on there twitter our twitter and it sounded a great effort from both sides. Normally for away games on certain dates we have a mini bus full of guys who all comment on our great support and to hear the chants about AM is great. So far it's not going to plan but the effort from top to bottom is there to see and Am might look deflated in videos as he cares. I think we should realise we are nor a sugar daddies toy but a good old fashion club.  So Tuesday let's get behind them from minute one no negativity if a pass goes wrong or a chance missed.  We could be in fa cup first round. For 90 minutes let's believe. I'm chuffed as I'm back from hols Monday.  For the older crew remember Leroy Chambers FA match. Laters last g and t calling

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 12:15:24 AM »
Very good result, will try my hardest to be there on Tuesday, but have to be at work for 10pm, so may have to miss it.
Peed my manager off last week so would very much doubt I would get a Holiday.
He can certainly be classed as a knob head.