Author Topic: FA CUP Chorley v Boston  (Read 39523 times)

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: FA CUP Chorley v Boston
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
A lot of passion on show last Saturday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
Good to see Thomas loan extended making him available for tonight .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
When's the last time we made the first round proper ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
2006/7, final FL season..

Last time we won a 4th Qualifying Round game was 1997/8, at Knypersley Victoria. We lost to Ilkeston in round 1.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:45:56 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
Steve Evans, not a popular man at York Street, but knows how to instill passion in his players.
I agree with GHM passion is the responsibility of the manager and players, not the fans.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:47 PM »
Steve Evans, not a popular man at York Street, but knows how to instill passion in his players.
I agree with GHM passion is the responsibility of the manager and players, not the fans.
so do you not feel passionate then YC, cause your posts suggest the opposite?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
Good luck to all Pilgrims tonight, enjoy and embrace the occasion. Massive game, fingers crossed !

youngchubby69

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 07:47:29 PM »
I  am always full of passion, you have only got to see the contented look on my wife's face to know that lol

Freo71

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
Very entertaining game but in all shows we are just not good enough . The home win against ferriby in the play offs was the last time we have come close to what should be expected at york street . Currently we are going no where exepct towards even lower league football . My attendance from now on will no longer be guaranteed while this shambles of a team manager and coasting chairman (yes we continue to pay at the gate in hope of improvement) carry on . My patience has been tested enough and will no longer be attending every match . One seriously pis*** off life long pilgrims fan (home and away) .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 11:39:22 PM »
Firstly a great effort and commitment from the team and fans and from the Chorley fans.for ten quid what a treat. Yes we lost and I'm gutted but I'm a realist there no 7 was outstanding and will go on to greater things there keeper pulled of a worldly. The irony both are on loan from Fleetwood so cannot play next round. They were the difference and I think sometimes we have to accept we lost to the better team just if the shot that hit the bar and bounced down was given in we are having a different chat. The key is the guys up top as it is in any league and that's not a criticism of anyone but goals win games. Slightly disappointing is that food is laid on for both teams yet a handful stepped inside the social club and those that did except vinno thought the tie was an afterthought but that's irrelevant really   I hope Am turns it around but we need to be more open and attack teams.  In summary an entertaining game good atmosphere and we just missed out.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 11:43:32 PM »
I  am always full of passion, you have only got to see the contented look on my wife's face to know that lol
I bet she smiles from ear to ear!!!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »
Very entertaining game but in all shows we are just not good enough . The home win against ferriby in the play offs was the last time we have come close to what should be expected at york street . Currently we are going no where exepct towards even lower league football . My attendance from now on will no longer be guaranteed while this shambles of a team manager and coasting chairman (yes we continue to pay at the gate in hope of improvement) carry on . My patience has been tested enough and will no longer be attending every match . One seriously pis*** off life long pilgrims fan (home and away) .

100% correct and my thoughts exactly.

Please wake up and smell the coffee people before its too late.

Pilgrim58

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2017, 08:24:51 AM »
Like NF said a lot of huff & puff, Chorley played the better football always seem to have an outlet and  better movement off the ball

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
I would suspect that, aside from the full time clubs, that Boston's wage bill is the highest in the league

Yet the football is so 'basic' compared to other teams

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
There were 5 non players in our dugout last night. When DG was manager  there 2 - DG and Buncy.   

I don't suppose they are all there unpaid.   What exactly do they all do?