Author Topic: FA CUP Chorley v Boston  (Read 39348 times)

Lancashire lad

• View Profile
FA CUP Chorley v Boston
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »
 A massive game this! Both teams need a cup run and the rewards for winning it are tremendous. Cup fever as gripped the town and a big crowd is being forecast with this,your away support Preston and Blackburn away and fa cup special offers it is advised to get down early here's afew offers for you

*Discounted adults 10£ pay on gate was 12£
*Kids 12 and under completely FREE
*Carlsberg , Strongbow,Tetleys PINTS only 2£ (happy hour prices) 12.30 til 2pm

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA CUP Chorley v Boston
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
Think I'd better add a few on to my attendance prediction in our Prediction League.  8)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
A massive game this! Both teams need a cup run and the rewards for winning it are tremendous. Cup fever as gripped the town and a big crowd is being forecast with this,your away support Preston and Blackburn away and fa cup special offers it is advised to get down early here's afew offers for you

Long time since  Boston fans had a happy hour never mind a happy 90mins .
All the best to you in the next round .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:15:11 AM »

A lesson there for our club instead of the the tired old excuse of 'both clubs have to agree the price' that was trotted out when we were charged full league prices for the Haughmond tie. I'm assuming BUFC have agreed to this pricing policy, after all, we never offer discounts in the FA Cup no matter who the opposition.

Good luck in R1, because you'll have no problems seeing us off in our present form.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »

A lesson there for our club instead of the the tired old excuse of 'both clubs have to agree the price' that was trotted out when we were charged full league prices for the Haughmond tie. I'm assuming BUFC have agreed to this pricing policy, after all, we never offer discounts in the FA Cup no matter who the opposition.

Good luck in R1, because you'll have no problems seeing us off in our present form.

Always cheer me up with your negativity Andy. Alas I am afraid I have to agree with your final sentence I have predicted we will get hammered 6-1 but at least if we get there on in time I can numb the senses with cheap ale.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
I'd say in this instance I'm being realistic, not negative.
I can't see a six goal defeat mind so there's a glimmer of positivity, but all I can see is a miserable two goal defeat with us offering precious little as an attacking force.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »
A lesson there for our club instead of the the tired old excuse of 'both clubs have to agree the price' that was trotted out when we were charged full league prices for the Haughmond tie.

It confirms to me that it was Haughmond who forced through the admission prices - why shouldn't they try and make a few quid out of their cup run?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:44:34 AM »

Always cheer me up with your negativity Andy. Alas I am afraid I have to agree with your final sentence I have predicted we will get hammered 6-1 but at least if we get there on in time I can numb the senses with cheap ale.

If my Prediction League forecast is a winner Mel you will think you are p*issed on the cheap ale .

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
We can't defend or attack and our keeper can't see a ball coming from 30yards out,so how the hell can we win a football match, well at least we will get some money out of it, let's hope it's enough to pay off the Mansfield mob.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »
Don't tar everyone with the same brush, Our keeper made a couple of great saves and if you was there (was you?) you will know that no keeper would have saved that shot.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »
Gonna be a tough game with a big crowd expected best I can hope for is somehow we get a replay.

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
Don't tar everyone with the same brush, Our keeper made a couple of great saves and if you was there (was you?) you will know that no keeper would have saved that shot.

I have submitted a long post on the fans facebook site so I will just give a summary here.The result and the goals are reported elsewhere so won't bother wasting time talking about them. Tactics are worth a mention, Shimanga up front alone marked by two 7ft giants towering over him must have thought it was a night match without lights not only that it was the usual lofted ball up to him, laughable. Thomas the only first half bright spark had the full back terrified (which led to our goal) but was moved to the left for the second half. Genius.
Watched as Smith prepared to come on and was shown something on a clipboard and had it explained to him, this took a couple of minutes which I found laughable as surely it just said "Get your arse in the box and create something" Not just that but these instructions were being given by, you guessed it, the goalkeeping coach.
Now this may sound strange but the players gave it their all, 100% effort the problem is the majority of them have little footballing skills or don't have a plan to play to, (I suspect the former) I leave one player out of this Jan Yeomans who scandalously is only on a six months contract and who the manager wanted to go out on loan, but he refused saying he would stay and scrap for his place, now first name on the team sheet, oh for that kind of attitude from some of the others.
Not a single shot on or off target all game says it all really. I have given Adam my backing from day one and said I will not comment on him until a dozen games in, well that time is now.I think it was a mistake to move the training so far away from Boston many of the players have no affinity with the Town and the club, they have signed for a local team to them who happen to play half their games in Boston. It needs players who are willing to put themselves out to play for BOSTON UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB as has always been the case, too many players still seem like strangers to me, and on the field to each other.
It was said yesterday the players are letting the manager down, well he employed them and such failure to judge your work force will inevitably lead to the powers that be of any organisation questioning such judgement and acting on it in some way. I fear to carry on with no cohesion will inevitably lead to relegation unless some positive action is taken.  UTP.
Report to moderator     Logged
Ernie100
Veteran Member
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Time to act?
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
Thanks oxo, you've hit the nail on the head with that summarisation, it's now time for both DN and AM to look at where the club is now and decide what is best for
the future.   Let's hope something happens soon.
Report to moderator     Logged
Shrimperpilgrim
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Time to act?
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
I've always said the guy is a joker he has wasted valuable resources, came out with interviews claiming players will be world beaters upon signing them.
Said we will be challenging time and time again.
Changed almost everything at the club even the dugouts.
Served up the most turgid brand of football with no direction or pattern of play.
He wanted his team and he's got it.
Loads of mates draining the life out the club.
Crowds are dwindling not surprising at what they have to watch each week.
His excuses are running out it's just not good enough and frankly never has been since he has been in charge.
Local people work hard in this area on low wages and look forward to cheering the lads on when we are at home the club is important to the local community so it's a must that the team entertain and we are dull at best.
Results in the cup have only gained Murray time the reality is they are way below the level we should be at come on wake up and let's compete in this league before it will be too late.
Change is needed now.

After you posted this, you actually criticise my post, so it's ok for you to have an opinion but not me, a case of the pot calling the kettle black, and was I there? No I wasn't,sone of us work weekends and nights, so can't physically get to away games, but I do cut my sleep short to attend home games when I am working weekends.
My posts and opinions will keep coming, and please feel free to comment, but don't just single me out, criticise your mates as well.

Lancashire lad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »
As previously said it's going to be big crowd Saturday and parking is always a hot topic of discussion,with this is in mind Chorley have acquired a plot of land rights behind the ground (sat nav pilling lane, rangletts rec') holds bowt 50 cars.3quid a pop...free parking is pot luck around streets... BBC North West tonight as just shown Chorley FC on it (only lasted a minute) but great publicity.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 07:54:46 PM »
Don't make extra pies based on us. Can't see more than 100 going. Despite it being a big game for us

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:46 PM »
As previously said it's going to be big crowd Saturday and parking is always a hot topic of discussion,with this is in mind Chorley have acquired a plot of land rights behind the ground (sat nav pilling lane, rangletts rec') holds bowt 50 cars.3quid a pop...free parking is pot luck around streets... BBC North West tonight as just shown Chorley FC on it (only lasted a minute) but great publicity.

Get BBC N W down on Saturday afternoon ,  even greater publicity for you when they show a goal feast by your forwards .