Author Topic: Time to act?  (Read 23871 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Time to act?
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
How often do guys drop out of the league and make a success of management in non league?

Not many.

I guess the next appointment has to come from non league.

Shame as I like many thought he was the right man for the job. He might turn it round but nothing I've seen so far gives me any optimism that he will.

Any ideas Andy ?

None at all Pete, couldn't see Culverhouse coming from Lynn even if we are a much bigger club.

One thing is for sure, if AM does go we'll not be short of candidates.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2017, 10:07:37 PM »
I think Lynn are home tomorrow night, I might go and have a look,
Any other Ideas who would be decent replacement.

Can't think of anyone that would meet the expectations of a small vociferous number of our fans .

Like Shrimpers choice but I guess his geographical location would be problematic .

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
I see it difficult for us to move away from the AM philosophy. With us training somewhere in the Midlands I think what part time manager is going to want that trip for a training session? The players presumably are happy with this training arrangement . Sounds like almost the whole ethos of the club has gone down the AM route . I don't see this as the normal "results are poor change the manager " scenario

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
How often do guys drop out of the league and make a success of management in non league?

Not many.

I guess the next appointment has to come from non league.

Shame as I like many thought he was the right man for the job. He might turn it round but nothing I've seen so far gives me any optimism that he will.

Any ideas Andy ?

None at all Pete, couldn't see Culverhouse coming from Lynn even if we are a much bigger club.

One thing is for sure, if AM does go we'll not be short of candidates.

Should get a better choice this time , hopefully potential candidates will have forgot the vociferous abuse previous managers have received from a small section of fans .
At least this time the candidates will not be overawed by the impressive CV of the predecessor .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:21:19 PM by green hats mate »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »
I'm going to watch how Kings Lynn do it tomorrow night. Apparently they've got a decent side this year.
TEP

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:33 PM »
I see it difficult for us to move away from the AM philosophy. With us training somewhere in the Midlands I think what part time manager is going to want that trip for a training session? The players presumably are happy with this training arrangement . Sounds like almost the whole ethos of the club has gone down the AM route . I don't see this as the normal "results are poor change the manager " scenario
totally agree, that's why it's a mess! Then DN has to cough up again for his pay off. Also these players are not good enough but  most contracted - when new boss wants shot of them pay offs again. The budgets spent & more funds needed for replacements too. Absolute nightmare on York st for Mr Newton.

youngchubby69

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2017, 06:41:31 AM »
Good point Champs, we often forget how including me, how frustrating it must be for DN and the board.
They looked very gloomy after the DC Mansfield game, but I think it shows what sort of person he is not to have walked away by now.
Many would have, yes many would say that he was after the Quadrant development, but that would have happened without being involved with United as Boston Council have government targets to reach for house building.