Author Topic: Salford 14th October  (Read 12354 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Salford 14th October
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
In fairness to Salford they are/were a fairly small insignificant inner city club but unlike that disgusting charade that won the league last year they'd been around years and ran a fairly impressive community project not unlike us. They've just dropped lucky with the money and the exposure that comes with the investors. I find it hard to knock the club, we'd all jump at the good fortune they've had.

As Andy says we would all jump at the good fortune of Salford ,  Fleetwood had the same luck with a rich investor and credit to him and the club they are now a well established as a league club .

We must not knock the honest people who come in and pump a fortune into clubs .  If Chestnuts had not made a sizeable contribution to our club it would be defunct .

Before passing judgement lets look close to home .  Which club financed its most successful part of history
by attempting to evade the HMRC and not meeting the payments to traders large and small ?
I prefer the Salford route.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
Isn't it the local club where some of them started before they signed for Man Utd?
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
In fairness to Salford they are/were a fairly small insignificant inner city club but unlike that disgusting charade that won the league last year they'd been around years and ran a fairly impressive community project not unlike us. They've just dropped lucky with the money and the exposure that comes with the investors. I find it hard to knock the club, we'd all jump at the good fortune they've had.

As GHM says, we are guilty of our own acts of financial impropriety so we can't bleat too much. That said, it's the documentary that puts most people's backs up. Patronising 'look at the little people going about their dreary, but genuine, lives' crap. And I absolutely loathe that 'this is real football' shite because much like our own success in the early 2000s wasn't genuine, there's nothing remotely 'real' about a non-league club bankrolled by a Singapore billionaire and his Class of '92 chums trampling over the likes of us on their way up into the Football League. Nothing will ever change of course. There are always bankrolled clubs to contend with. Indeed, there are probably several cash cows below us on similar trajectories, ready to take Salford's place after their inevitable promotion. It's crap, but it is what it is. Just got to hope we can hand out a few bloody noses to these clubs as they overtake us.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

As GHM says, we are guilty of our own acts of financial impropriety so we can't bleat too much. That said, it's the documentary that puts most people's backs up. Patronising 'look at the little people going about their dreary, but genuine, lives' crap. And I absolutely loathe that 'this is real football' shite because much like our own success in the early 2000s wasn't genuine, there's nothing remotely 'real' about a non-league club bankrolled by a Singapore billionaire and his Class of '92 chums trampling over the likes of us on their way up into the Football League. Nothing will ever change of course. There are always bankrolled clubs to contend with. Indeed, there are probably several cash cows below us on similar trajectories, ready to take Salford's place after their inevitable promotion. It's crap, but it is what it is. Just got to hope we can hand out a few bloody noses to these clubs as they overtake us.
correct Pete, South Shields will be next to roll up. Millionaire investor with big ambition for the former northern leagues club, sitting top of northern premier north. Big ground redevelopment planned too.

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 06:47:06 PM »
Non league has been contaminated by rich men with big ego's.
Non league was semi professional, with part time clubs, I am sorry but if the big cash rich ever take over at Boston, I will go and support another club that doesn't have the money.
I watch non league because I want to encourage grass roots football.
We are not watching non league anymore, we are watching rich mens playing at being  a premiership chairman.
This league is at fault for letting it happen, they make the rules and they could easily enforce club's to be part time only.
Before anyone says that they can't, they can,its easy  to enforce, you go full time you are out.
I prefer the way we are, managed properly off the field and on, encouraging youngsters to progress.
How many youth players are currently or previously been in the TV show side, none I guess, so much for developing young players.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »
Non league has been contaminated by rich men with big ego's.
Non league was semi professional, with part time clubs, I am sorry but if the big cash rich ever take over at Boston, I will go and support another club that doesn't have the money.
I watch non league because I want to encourage grass roots football.
We are not watching non league anymore, we are watching rich mens playing at being  a premiership chairman.
This league is at fault for letting it happen, they make the rules and they could easily enforce club's to be part time only.
Before anyone says that they can't, they can,its easy  to enforce, you go full time you are out.
I prefer the way we are, managed properly off the field and on, encouraging youngsters to progress.
How many youth players are currently or previously been in the TV show side, none I guess, so much for developing young players.

I think most of us share your sentiments chubby ,  but imposing wage caps and finding a definition as to what F/T football is will only introduce dodgy dealings into the game . 
In fairness with the likes of Salford the profile of our league has been raised , lets embrace it .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 07:25:19 PM »
In all fairness to money and bandwagon jumpers,  let's face it, if we had huge amounts pumped into our club we too would see the bandwagon jumpers pour in and we would go from gates of 950-1100 at home and leap to around 2,000. The money would of course also give us a better shot at getting back to our assumed correct level, but would it go down well with all ? I personally don't think we should be too quick to diss other clubs who have had the good fortune of a cash influx, and lets face it, how many of our fans support a prem or championship team also, teams who have had millions poured in to give them a better chance of competing at their respective levels.
We have to face it, even at our level you need backers to succeed in this modern era football. It makes our potential cup run even more important I say !

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »
I'd rather do it the 'vanilla' way, rather than buying our way through. We did that under Ev*ns...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 07:40:50 PM »
So if a lifelong Boston Utd fan wins the Euro million tomorrow night, would you not welcome some of that cash? Bit of a moral dilemma.

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 08:13:23 PM »
I would welcome the cash, and if I won it,my donation to the club and community to get that bloody stadium built.
That would allow us to grow and prosper.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
So if a lifelong Boston Utd fan wins the Euro million tomorrow night, would you not welcome some of that cash? Bit of a moral dilemma.

I wouldn't have a say in it. I'll still follow BUFC around the country as I do now, so that wouldn't make a difference. I'd hate to be seen in the same light as Fylde and Salford.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »
I respect your view P86. It would be ideal if someone could help with the new stadium though even if it could be called the "Young Chubby Arena".

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »
I see Salford are one of the sky bet super 6 matches. What a joke does anyone believe they would be included as a Conf North club if it weren’t for the class of 92. Stelling has also got Hartlepool in there as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:45:20 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
Do you mean Stelling?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »
Do you mean Stelling?

Yep, too much Soberano hic!
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR