Author Topic: V Darlington  (Read 5128 times)

youngchubby69

V Darlington
« on: September 23, 2017, 06:40:09 PM »
Let's kick it off,
I thought we played well, McGuire ran his guts out, and looked like he was about to fall over at the end.
Good all round performance, didn't go to pieces after the penalty miss or falling behind.
Well-done to them all.
The officials, well that's another story.
Looking forward to next weekend in the FA CUP.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Darlington
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 06:52:35 PM »
I just thought AM delayed his subs far too long, and, although I like Smithy, I thought he played poorly and should've been hooked at half time, but that's only my opinion ;)

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
Just a quick note and thought, my other club Notts County were this time last season, in a very poor place.
But tonight they sit at the top of league 2,after they beat Lincoln 4-1.
There is light at the end of the tunnel for Boston, yes Kevin Nolan has worked some magic, but he like AM is a young manager, but the fan's,Chairman and the players have got behind him, he has not spent loads of money on players, most of the team was there when he arrived.
It may or may not happen for Adam, but let's now get behind him, he has listened to us regarding changing players.
So let's now give him something back.
The change's seem to be working, and we now have to admit it worked for him today, some didn't like the fact Clifton came off but, we equalised shortly after,and could have won it, if the keeper hadn't pulled off a fantastic save,to deny Hemmings.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »
Listening to radio lincoln.  Lincoln should have won. They are not bias. Are they?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 07:20:07 PM »
Yes very biased of course, a couple of fans mentioned that to me today.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:03:10 PM »
I just thought AM delayed his subs far too long, and, although I like Smithy, I thought he played poorly and should've been hooked at half time, but that's only my opinion ;)
  we had much more of a threat when kabby & Hemings came on so much more energy & skill up front than first hour. Thomas had a great game & Mcguire organised & got stuck right in. I said it could be a good time to play them & thought they were a shadow of last seasons team. We should have had the 3 points, if the pen goes in we would have had them. Clifton never looked confident with it & that crazy delay getting the ball  back from our 18yrd line didn't help.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »
Let's kick it off,
I thought we played well, McGuire ran his guts out, and looked like he was about to fall over at the end.
Good all round performance, didn't go to pieces after the penalty miss or falling behind.
Well-done to them all.
The officials, well that's another story.
Looking forward to next weekend in the FA CUP.
unusual though it is, but I agree with this!

Poor penalty and one defensive switch off cost us 3 points.

Still plenty of work to be done, but a reasonable result in my book.

A draw was probably a fair result over the 90 minutes.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 09:05:20 PM »
McGuire was my m.o.m today worked his ass off encouraged and won more headers in the 1st half than the entire midfield has so far this season.
His desire at his age almost should leave some of our other midfielders embarrassed when they look at his work rate.
Smith was off the pace personally I'd go with the smaller strikers as their movement and pace seems to make us play better.
Overall our effort was good today more of the same please!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 11:48:30 PM »
Much better. Maybe not too sure about Broadhead though.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »
He didn't have a great day. Maybe get Vince in there now he's available again. We really got a hold of the game in midfield, which meant our defence was rarely put under significant pressure.... good thing, as the one thing they had to do they screwed up for the penalty!

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »
Why did Liam Marrs not get booked for tripping Thomas in the penalty area, but Keen did for tripping their player, I have watched the replays for both, and none of them are clear goal scoring opportunities.
I think Willis would have got the ball first anyway, the Darlington player knows it and throws himself on the floor.
Thomas was though clearly tripped, but again not certain to score.
I know it doesn't change anything but surely someone on here can enlighten me.