Author Topic: Ok we win against side that play for nothing.  (Read 6758 times)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Ok we win against side that play for nothing.
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »
Please let's don't get too carried away with our win tonight and wait to judge us against a proper side on Saturday.
Reports please from those that went.
Have we learnt anything or will Murray say he rested chapman???
And has it gave Murray another week or 2 in the job.

youngchubby69

Re: Ok we win against side that play for nothing.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »
Unbelievable, negativity even when we win and are still in the FA CUp.
What did you want 80 nil thrashing of them.
Job done for god's sake, with no injuries and no suspensions
And for what ever reason he dropped Chapman who the hell cares, showed that he is not scared to do it.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
Great to see Murray start without Chappers.Lets hope he has finally realised Chapman isn't worth a place in the team.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:00:12 PM »
I've just spoken with Josh who's on his way home from the game. He tells me we were always in control, always comfortable and never in any danger of a shock.
We both said we hoped if we can put back to back wins together on Saturday then hopefully AM will be allowed to get on with things and it might cut out some of the negativity.
Looks like we've a way to go on that front......

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »
And for what ever reason he dropped Chapman who the hell cares, showed that he is not scared to do it.
it's not negativity, it's reality. Every word is correct. All we did was finish a job that should have been done on Saturday. The result proves and changes nothing. Great, we're through in the Cup, and a run would be good, but only a decent showing and result on Saturday would be something really positive to build upon. Two positives tonight are a clean sheet and we've made chances and scored goals.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »
I will be very disappointed if Chapman starts on Saturday.
Take him out of the equation and perhaps we will be ok against Darlington but I feel if Murray plays him on Saturday we are back to square one.

The Infamous Stevie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 01:08:19 AM »
I said this in the prediction topic. Boston will get an easy win and people will still find the negative and I quote "should have done the job on Saturday".

Well the FACT is, we didn't get it don't Saturday, we did tonight. Was a great game of football! Friendly atmosphere, in a rammed sports facility. 768 fans to be precise with less than 40 BuFC fans!!

McGuire started in place of Chappy and had a fantastic game. Jeomans again was switched on a full of energy! Newbie Jack Thomas had such composure everytine He had the ball he didn't something positive with it!

In the FA cup tables mean naff all! They had nothing to lose we did! If we can play like that every week, we would beat everybody in our league! We passed the ball, didn't rush an attack! It flowed and was a pleasure to watch!

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 01:13:43 AM »
it's not negativity, it's reality. Every word is correct. All we did was finish a job that should have been done on Saturday. The result proves and changes nothing. Great, we're through in the Cup, and a run would be good, but only a decent showing and result on Saturday would be something really positive to build upon. Two positives tonight are a clean sheet and we've made chances and scored goals.

So it's not a positive to win, if the answer is yes, then it is negative to criticise a win.
Darlington is another good game, and they are not doing as well as last season.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:20:05 AM »
Great to see positives but in all fairness the team we played were many levels below us.
Perspective is needed.

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 07:28:03 AM »
As far as I am concerned a win is a win, and a convincing one at that, not in terms of just goals, but the whole teams performance.
I am sure there is many that were really hoping that we lost, only because they want Adam out.
But he has made changes and shipped players out and brought two quality players in.
Yes they were lower league opposition, and yes we need to improve our league form, but you have to start somewhere, and this team needed this win more than anything.
They have stood up against all the negative comments and gave us progress in the FA CUP, there are many clubs that are not still in it.
We need this cup run to bring extra cash into the club, so we need to get behind these lads and push them on, so that they feel that they are playing for us.
On Saturday there was two old fellas who were having a go at Chapman every time he touched the ball, I told them to shut up, because I was sick of having to listen to their dross.
Does a man who has been in prison, really listen to moaners, no he doesn't, can you imagine in the past how much stick he has got for his crime off the public and supporters.
I don't condone what he did, but would you have the balls to try and carry on with your football career, knowing that you are going to be in front of the public week in week out?
No doubt at times he lacks confidence and probably goes through massive lows in his life.
So now and again just give him a friendly thumbs up and a bit of encouragement and we might just see if he could be the best midfielder in this league.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
An objective post chubby & their ain't been many on the Chapman front. His Boston experience must be soul destroying. On signing AM labels him The best midfielder in the league. He has played with him & managed him & lauds his skill & technical ability & what his creativity will bring to the team. His playing career prior to joint BUFC is in promotion winning conference sides & league 2 where as an attacking/creative midfielder he was tipped to play in the championship & even gain a full Northern Ireland call up. We sign him & he's still only 27. Should be in the prime of his career? This season we have enough defensive midfielders to defend a small country. So why on earth would you game after game waste someone with his skilful ability in that ultra defensive role?? No wonder the guy looks so forlorn, he must hate that role especially when he knows he could offer us so much more further forward. He scored a hatrick on his Mansfield debut v Stockport, also a stags goal of the season can't see any of that happening for us if he's instructed to play any deeper he'll be in goal.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »
I said this in the prediction topic. Boston will get an easy win and people will still find the negative and I quote "should have done the job on Saturday".

Well the FACT is, we didn't get it don't Saturday, we did tonight. Was a great game of football! Friendly atmosphere, in a rammed sports facility. 768 fans to be precise with less than 40 BuFC fans!!

McGuire started in place of Chappy and had a fantastic game. Jeomans again was switched on a full of energy! Newbie Jack Thomas had such composure everytine He had the ball he didn't something positive with it!

In the FA cup tables mean naff all! They had nothing to lose we did! If we can play like that every week, we would beat everybody in our league! We passed the ball, didn't rush an attack! It flowed and was a pleasure to watch!

Sounds like a great game to watch Stevie, onwards and upwards! :police:

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »
Sod it, we won well. Can't really think of anything I can moan about. Not happy!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 10:18:52 AM »
As far as I am concerned a win is a win, and a convincing one at that, not in terms of just goals, but the whole teams performance.
I am sure there is many that were really hoping that we lost, only because they want Adam out.
But he has made changes and shipped players out and brought two quality players in.
Yes they were lower league opposition, and yes we need to improve our league form, but you have to start somewhere, and this team needed this win more than anything.
They have stood up against all the negative comments and gave us progress in the FA CUP, there are many clubs that are not still in it.
We need this cup run to bring extra cash into the club, so we need to get behind these lads and push them on, so that they feel that they are playing for us.
On Saturday there was two old fellas who were having a go at Chapman every time he touched the ball, I told them to shut up, because I was sick of having to listen to their dross.
Does a man who has been in prison, really listen to moaners, no he doesn't, can you imagine in the past how much stick he has got for his crime off the public and supporters.
I don't condone what he did, but would you have the balls to try and carry on with your football career, knowing that you are going to be in front of the public week in week out?
No doubt at times he lacks confidence and probably goes through massive lows in his life.
So now and again just give him a friendly thumbs up and a bit of encouragement and we might just see if he could be the best midfielder in this league.

All genuine Pilgrim hope your optimism is fulfilled chubby . 
Having up to the last two seasons stood on Spayne Rd terrace your comments( re: the two fellas) does not surprise me .  Most are loyal well behaved supporters in that area but a few  use offensive , abusive comments littered with expletives in front of women and kids . In the time I stood there one BUFC employee received similar abuse for a past offence  which was far less serious for which he had took the punishment for .
 .      My hope is when we move into a new ground we can take a more positive approach and segregate and police these types .

Maybe someone should point out to  these two guys stop mouthing off and suggest they quietly reflect on the tragic victim and his family and friends for the suffering they have endued ,  abuse comforts no one .

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
hey ho its a win all is 4 givon