Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 34824 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup draw
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
Rudy Funk?....has to be a made up name

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »
How about this for a coincidence, both teams that I support Boston and Notts County are both playing against Mansfield teams on the same day.
I wonder what the betting odds would have been for that.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »
James Cullingworth ? Its another Haughmond 1st match tie type tie .
   With a lot of coincidences .
       Wonder where they train ?  ::)

youngchubby69

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »
AFC Mansfield v Boston United

With a capacity of 500 will this be an all ticket game ?

I have contacted AFC Mansfield and there Secretary has told me that the game will not be all ticket.
So it will be a case of don't be late or you will not get in, apparently there is plenty of parking outside the ground.
I hope this is of some help.

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »
I see that the NCEL have allowed AFC Mansfield to cancel their midweek league  fixture with Worksop Town. This is to give them time to prepare for Saturday's "biggest game of their history".Very supportive!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
Recently AFC Mansfield played Tadcaster in a big Vase game and got over 600 (There's a new 120 seater stand down one side and a bigger stand/terrace where the bar is on the other side), so I'm sure we'll be fine. Added that it clashes with Mansfield v notts, we should get in. Our own travelling support will be lower due to the Boston Town home game so I doubt there'll be a mad rush for the last few spaces.

youngchubby69

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 02:08:38 AM »
Recently AFC Mansfield played Tadcaster in a big Vase game and got over 600 (There's a new 120 seater stand down one side and a bigger stand/terrace where the bar is on the other side), so I'm sure we'll be fine. Added that it clashes with Mansfield v notts, we should get in. Our own travelling support will be lower due to the Boston Town home game so I doubt there'll be a mad rush for the last few spaces.

Just keep in mind that many Mansfield fans will not be able to get in to see the match against Notts,due to the relatively small capacity of Mansfields ground.
The might instead choose to come to ours, and the Mansfield v County game is a 1pm Kick off.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
I know Wikipedia states the capacity for AFC Mansfield is 500 however I believe that is incorrect. As mentioned above for their last 16 tie in the FA Vase three seasons ago against Tadcaster Albion they had over 600 fans (the majority being Taddy fans).

Bear in mind for ground grading purposes the minimum capacity for the NCEL Premier Division was 1000. 

They do not normally get large crowds. Last season their average crowd for league matches was 94, with a highest of 205 (when they played us). When they reached the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup last season they attracted a crowd of 220 against Stamford.

When I went to watch their home match against Harrogate RA last season the attendance was 55 and it was 53 when I saw them in the League Cup against Knaresborough.

I haven't seen them yet this season, but a few people I have spoken to who have seen them say they are the best team in our League. They certainly have players who have played at a higher level e.g. D'Laryea

youngchubby69

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
Finch is there anywhere to sit down and eat near the ground, pub etc.
Do you or anyone know how much it is to get in on Saturday.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »
£7 for adults.
I messaged theur FB page and they said their capacity is 2000.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »
Finch is there anywhere to sit down and eat near the ground, pub etc.
Do you or anyone know how much it is to get in on Saturday.

There is the Prince Charles pub very close to the ground which I believe serves food, however, I cannot vouch for the quality as I have not been inside.

On a different note, guess who we have drawn in the FA Vase today, Haughmond (away)!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 08:21:09 PM »
Good luck everyone for tomorrow, let's all get behind them and shut Deylara up, the Trinity has been.
Have a safe journey everyone.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »
Any commentary for this match. Just watched Chorley beat Ashton1-0, a team 3 leagues below them, but they found it hard to break them down until the last 10 minutes. Let's hope we find it easier today.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »
Yes, BBC radio lincolnshire doing commentary

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
We  won  :)