Author Topic: Vs Haughmond  (Read 26893 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Haughmond
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »
Third qualifying round -

AFC Mansfield or Rushall Olympic v Boston United or Haughmond

Away draw :(  But against lower league opposition so theoretically a better chance of progressing if we can beat Haughmond tomorrow.

But home draw for Boston Town

Boston Town v Warrington Town or Hyde United
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:09:08 PM by Lee Newell »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
Personally I think DN has faith in his manager and he's going to give him every chance to turn things round.

Lots of rumblings of discontent 2 years ago especially after a grim home defeat to Chorley, but DN stood by DG and ultimately a play off place was delivered. We all know DN is a realist and he knows top 10 would be a major achievement given the silly money in this league, silly money I'm delighted we're not chucking about after the Evans/Sotnick/Rodwell era of boom and bust.

I may be wrong but I can see Adam being here for a long while yet.

I take it you don't agree with DN aspirations then Andy ,  you demanded the removal of a manager for "only" finishing 3rd and 5th in
the league .   
You also overlook the fact now we are based to attract players easier ,  pay fees ,  extra training , advanced training methods , anything less than 7th place would be a disaster , surely DN deserves better return for the backing he has given Murray .

Greene was asking for the sack; he took full advantage of a rare DN mistake and signed that contract BEFORE the play off debacle against NFU knowing full well the team would need rebuilding that summer yet cleared off on a jaunt around the party hotspots of The Med while others went about their business. When the inevitable shambolic recruitment policy bore its rotten fruit he was quick to blame everyone from the fans to DN but not himself knowing eventually there'd be a parting of the ways and a pay off.

If Greene is as good as you and a few others think tell me why is he still out of work? Why is such a talent with such a glowing CV of achievement not working in football?  How can anyone of his stature pass under so many radar's when managers are getting fired after a few games?

I still maintain individually we're head and shoulders above last season's rabble, conversely I'll also maintain its ultimately AM's team and therefore his responsibility to get a reaction from them. At present he's coming up well short and it does need to change and quickly, but I maintain he deserves time to sort it out, sacking him will achieve nothing other than destabilizing an already rocky ship.

I did hear that Greene went off on a med jaunt for a few weeks last summer while others were rebuilding teams .
Can you enlighten me Andy as to what Adam has been up to the last 9 months that has seen  him fail to improve the poor squad he inherited .?

It is good and wise for Adam not to blame the chairman for our mess,  but I am not so sure if he is wise to blame it on the fans and players .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
An over reliance on youth and senior players letting him down.

And we're not party to what goes on behind the scenes, however the squads of a few seasons back seemed to have a good spirit, like a close bunch of mates; I'm not sure there's that togetherness here.

I still maintain man for man its a better squad than last seasons.

However you can't compare it with squads from the last 4 or 5 years.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

And we're not party to what goes on behind the scenes, however the squads of a few seasons back seemed to have a good spirit, like a close bunch of mates; I'm not sure there's that togetherness here.

So if we have the players but they aren't performing - that is down to the Manager. 
He didn't perform well at Mansfield and so far at Boston United he is doing a worse job and the performances aren't improving.

He appears to blame the fans for the players' performances at home - what is his excuse for away matches where our performances are even worse?
He can't keep bringing out the excuse that his team has a lot of young players - because 2 seasons ago - Scott Garner was the oldest player in the team and he was only 24.  It is his team and if he is unable to motivate them - then I suggest he leaves it to someone who can.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »

However you can't compare it with squads from the last 4 or 5 years.

We can't have over reliance on youth ,  Vince is our only youth ,  fully agree senior players (Mansfield 4) letting us down , sadly Adam can't see it .
Certainly it is easy to assess that the present team morale is lagging way behind the teams of past years .

If your assertion that man for man this seasons squad is superior to last seasons is correct then it begs the question why no improvement in results ?    Extra training , advanced training equipment , full-time manager what's gone wrong ? Is it that we underestimated Greens coaching ability or have you been taken in by Adams bullsh*t .?

Correctly you say we can't compare it to teams of the last 4/5 yeats ,    Newsham , Miller, Souhwell , Pidge , Mills , Steer, Garner , Agnew, Stryjek etc etc .says it all . 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:21:57 PM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
As anyone took notice of who the ref is tonight,its only Mr Massey Ellis, which means he will do some of these things, send one of our players off, give a penalty against us, disallow our goal,be totally biased for our opponents.
We are now certainly going to go out, He is the worst ref ever to take charge of our games.
Remember Kettering last year, he just hates Boston.
A complete knob head, who lives in the shadow of his wife.
God help us tonight.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »
As anyone took notice of who the ref is tonight,its only Mr Massey Ellis, which means he will do some of these things, send one of our players off, give a penalty against us, disallow our goal,be totally biased for our opponents.
We are now certainly going to go out, He is the worst ref ever to take charge of our games.
God help us tonight.

I saw that too.

Not a great omen it has to be said.

I'm loathe to blame referee's as without them there is no game and they are at this level because, like the players, they are either on the way up or in most cases not good enough to go any higher. I cringe at some of the abuse dished out to officials but this guy does seem to have an issue with us.

But we had our chance on Saturday, there can be no blaming outside influences if we don't progress, the buck must stop with the players and management.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
God help us tonight.

I saw that too.

Not a great omen it has to be said.

I'm loathe to blame referee's as without them there is no game and they are at this level because, like the players, they are either on the way up or in most cases not good enough to go any higher. I cringe at some of the abuse dished out to officials but this guy does seem to have an issue with us.

But we had our chance on Saturday, there can be no blaming outside influences if we don't progress, the buck must stop with the players and management.

Correct Andy ,       

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
Brad McGowan has signed up until the end of the season .    In my opinion our best defender , some good news on signings at last .

Anyone know admission prices for tonight ?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »
Brad McGowan has signed up until the end of the season .    In my opinion our best defender , some good news on signings at last .

Anyone know admission prices for tonight ?

Pete you're in danger of becoming a subtle DT of W😀
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »
Haughmond are 5/1 on B365. Boston 2/5  :-\

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »
Haughmond are 5/1 on B365. Boston 2/5  :-\

Your as hesitant as our defenders TEP ,  at that price rush to the bookies and slap some new ten pound notes on a Haughmond win .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »
God help us tonight.
he NEVER gives us anything apart from headaches. His wife is 100 times the ref that he is.  One word comes to mind......"bugger"!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »
2 up could this be Adams Fergie moment ???
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2017, 09:10:58 PM »
2 up could this be Adams Fergie moment ???
let's hope he has a "EurekA" moment and realises his self proclaimed "best midfielder" is best warming the bench.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684