Author Topic: Vs Haughmond  (Read 26665 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Haughmond
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2017, 09:11:04 PM »
4 nil up, we're into the next round  :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
I said in a previous post that Clifton is a good player and I was right.
Come on you Pilgrims.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »
Ye he looks a Fylde type .. :angel:

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2017, 09:36:12 PM »
Now there's an U17 on the pitch for Boston .bring it on  ;)

youngchubby69

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »
5-0
Well-done done Boston and a very we'll done to Adam.
Dropped his mate and a very good win
Yes against a lower league team.
And an away tie against AFC Mansfield.

youngchubby69

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
As anyone took notice of who the ref is tonight,its only Mr Massey Ellis, which means he will do some of these things, send one of our players off, give a penalty against us, disallow our goal,be totally biased for our opponents.
We are now certainly going to go out, He is the worst ref ever to take charge of our games.
Remember Kettering last year, he just hates Boston.
A complete knob head, who lives in the shadow of his wife.
God help us tonight.

I saw that too.

Not a great omen it has to be said.

I'm loathe to blame referee's as without them there is no game and they are at this level because, like the players, they are either on the way up or in most cases not good enough to go any higher. I cringe at some of the abuse dished out to officials but this guy does seem to have an issue with us.

But we had our chance on Saturday, there can be no blaming outside influences if we don't progress, the buck must stop with the players and management.

Well that's a first Andy, he gave us a penalty and didn't send anyone off, but did disallow a goal.
But 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Come on you Adam critics lets hear what you have to say now. Yes it was a lower league team, Adam had the balls to drop Chapman and how interesting that he took the captains armband into the dressing room tossed it on the floor and told them to choose their captain. Out came Clifford wearing it and scoring two goals this must convince Adam that this should be the start of a new chapter.  UTP.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
I'm sure some people will have mixed feelings about tonight's result.........
I hope we get a positive result on Saturday, another at Mansfield in the next round and get the season back on track.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »
Come on you Adam critics lets hear what you have to say now. Yes it was a lower league team, Adam had the balls to drop Chapman and how interesting that he took the captains armband into the dressing room tossed it on the floor and told them to choose their captain. Out came Clifford wearing it and scoring two goals this must convince Adam that this should be the start of a new chapter.  UTP.

Got to do it against professional players on a regular basis Mel ,  given him breathing space and progress in the cup .

I disagree with you about him having balls to drop Chapman ,   I see it as him not having the balls to ignore you and chubby  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »
Love it Pete.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
It's the players who should be praised for a much better performance. I will take a rain check 're; AM, and see what team he picks on Saturday. If Chapman's back in, then AM learnt nothing from either leaving him out tonight, or the result or the performance. And, yes, I am an AM critic, and come 5pm on saturday, I'll happily apologise if he's picked the same or a similar side, and they've put in a decent performance. If that happens, then i will admit I'm wrong.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2017, 10:18:16 PM »
What a difference playing attacking football makes the team have finally had there shackles taken off and aloud to play. Great team performance.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2017, 10:18:31 PM »
If AM can reach FAC 4Q that wiill satisfy owners FAcupwise..
  But the League should  be a pressing matter still ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »
Love it Pete.

Yes Mel ,  and we will all love it when you and chubby complete your crusade by getting AM to pledge that Chapmans arse will be stuck to Mick Smalls cushion for the remainder of the season   :)