Author Topic: Vs Haughmond  (Read 26857 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Haughmond
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »
4 year contract, my *rse.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
Personally I think DN has faith in his manager and he's going to give him every chance to turn things round.

Lots of rumblings of discontent 2 years ago especially after a grim home defeat to Chorley, but DN stood by DG and ultimately a play off place was delivered. We all know DN is a realist and he knows top 10 would be a major achievement given the silly money in this league, silly money I'm delighted we're not chucking about after the Evans/Sotnick/Rodwell era of boom and bust.

I may be wrong but I can see Adam being here for a long while yet.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »
He won't be sacked,we can't afford to pay him off, and that's because he is on a four year contract.
Yes you will all say he is not, but believe me he is.
It's a four year project, and he will be still at the club, unless he is paid off and if he is the budget will be seriously affected for the next two seasons.
Promotion to the next league is not going to happen,why??
Let me ask you all a simple question, we don't have the money to compete for the best players in this league,so how are we going to be able to compete in the league above, it's a simple answer really we can't.
David Newton knows it will be financial suicide and the club will be in free fall,you have only got to look at NFU, even Halifax and money bags Fylde are not having it easy by a long shot.
We are stuck in this league for sometime to come.
I don't like it you don't like it,but that's how it is.
Sorry to be a party pooper but I am realistic and David Newton is also.
sorry to be a realist YC, but if the Chestnuts are as smart as you constantly remind us, there's no way a four year contract would be offered to any Boston manager, so I doubt very much what you said is anywhere near right.

A week ago you called for his head and crossed over to the dark side, and now you've seemingly jumped back to support his every move, and you seem to manage to argue with both sides of the debate at once.

Just to be sure, what's your personal viewpoint on AM and whether he should stay or go?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »
He may well be here for some time to come - but unless the matches start to be enjoyable to watch and we start to win at home then the attendance will continue to fall.

I don't think David Newton would be stupid enough to offer a 4 year contract to a manager with relatively little experience at managing (he hardly set the footballing world alight when he was manager at Mansfield) - and with no experience in non-league unless there were conditions attached to it.

And unless the team does start to perform better and soon - giving him until Christmas may be too late to turn it round.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
Personally I think DN has faith in his manager and he's going to give him every chance to turn things round.

Lots of rumblings of discontent 2 years ago especially after a grim home defeat to Chorley, but DN stood by DG and ultimately a play off place was delivered. We all know DN is a realist and he knows top 10 would be a major achievement given the silly money in this league, silly money I'm delighted we're not chucking about after the Evans/Sotnick/Rodwell era of boom and bust.

I take it you don't agree with DN aspirations then Andy ,  you demanded the removal of a manager for "only" finishing 3rd and 5th in
the league .   
You also overlook the fact now we are based to attract players easier ,  pay fees ,  extra training , advanced training methods , anything less than 7th place would be a disaster , surely DN deserves better return for the backing he has given Murray .

youngchubby69

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
I don't like it as much as you GHM, the club is in such a low.
Probably the lowest since we nearly went out of existence.
We really need our chairman to come out and give us his thoughts on our current situation, and we really need an update on the new ground.
I really don't want Adam to fail, but I will say that the two new signings looked good, but we really need a striker and quick.

youngchubby69

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2017, 10:14:59 PM »
He won't be sacked,we can't afford to pay him off, and that's because he is on a four year contract.
Yes you will all say he is not, but believe me he is.
It's a four year project, and he will be still at the club, unless he is paid off and if he is the budget will be seriously affected for the next two seasons.
Promotion to the next league is not going to happen,why??
Let me ask you all a simple question, we don't have the money to compete for the best players in this league,so how are we going to be able to compete in the league above, it's a simple answer really we can't.
David Newton knows it will be financial suicide and the club will be in free fall,you have only got to look at NFU, even Halifax and money bags Fylde are not having it easy by a long shot.
We are stuck in this league for sometime to come.
I don't like it you don't like it,but that's how it is.
Sorry to be a party pooper but I am realistic and David Newton is also.
sorry to be a realist YC, but if the Chestnuts are as smart as you constantly remind us, there's no way a four year contract would be offered to any Boston manager, so I doubt very much what you said is anywhere near right.

A week ago you called for his head and crossed over to the dark side, and now you've seemingly jumped back to support his every move, and you seem to manage to argue with both sides of the debate at once.

Just to be sure, what's your personal viewpoint on AM and whether he should stay or go?

Stay.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2017, 10:17:47 PM »

I take it you don't agree with DN aspirations then Andy ,  you demanded the removal of a manager for "only" finishing 3rd and 5th in
the league .   
You also overlook the fact now we are based to attract players easier ,  pay fees ,  extra training , advanced training methods , anything less than 7th place would be a disaster , surely DN deserves better return for the backing he has given Murray .

Greene was asking for the sack; he took full advantage of a rare DN mistake and signed that contract BEFORE the play off debacle against NFU knowing full well the team would need rebuilding that summer yet cleared off on a jaunt around the party hotspots of The Med while others went about their business. When the inevitable shambolic recruitment policy bore its rotten fruit he was quick to blame everyone from the fans to DN but not himself knowing eventually there'd be a parting of the ways and a pay off.

If Greene is as good as you and a few others think tell me why is he still out of work? Why is such a talent with such a glowing CV of achievement not working in football?  How can anyone of his stature pass under so many radar's when managers are getting fired after a few games?

I still maintain individually we're head and shoulders above last season's rabble, conversely I'll also maintain its ultimately AM's team and therefore his responsibility to get a reaction from them. At present he's coming up well short and it does need to change and quickly, but I maintain he deserves time to sort it out, sacking him will achieve nothing other than destabilizing an already rocky ship.

youngchubby69

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2017, 10:23:41 PM »

So how do you rate Murray above Green then, was it because Green was a poor manager, or was it just personal.
Are you sometime soon going to start giving Murray a bucket full??

youngchubby69

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »

the league .   

Greene was asking for the sack; he took full advantage of a rare DN mistake and signed that contract BEFORE the play off debacle against NFU knowing full well the team would need rebuilding that summer yet cleared off on a jaunt around the party hotspots of The Med while others went about their business. When the inevitable shambolic recruitment policy bore its rotten fruit he was quick to blame everyone from the fans to DN but not himself knowing eventually there'd be a parting of the ways and a pay off.

If Greene is as good as you and a few others think tell me why is he still out of work? Why is such a talent with such a glowing CV of achievement not working in football?  How can anyone of his stature pass under so many radar's when managers are getting fired after a few games?

I still maintain individually we're head and shoulders above last season's rabble, conversely I'll also maintain its ultimately AM's team and therefore his responsibility to get a reaction from them. At present he's coming up well short and it does need to change and quickly, but I maintain he deserves time to sort it out, sacking him will achieve nothing other than destabilizing an already rocky ship.

God you have a chip on your shoulder still, Dennis Green is still out of work because he has plenty of money left from his pay off from DN.
Yes from the sacking that you instigated, why the hell did anyone listen to you, probably because you shouted your mouth off at Green, and of course being the super fan you are, everyone around you had no choice but to listen.
And the sad thing is we now have to watch what you wanted,and you still defend your behaviour.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:49 AM »
YC this is Boston United not Manchester United how much do you think Greene got as a pay off. Six-eight weeks pay id imagine surely not enough to live off for this long, dont always agree with NF view but I am with him on this one.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 07:04:05 AM »

the league .   

God you have a chip on your shoulder still, Dennis Green is still out of work because he has plenty of money left from his pay off from DN.
Yes from the sacking that you instigated, why the hell did anyone listen to you, probably because you shouted your mouth off at Green, and of course being the super fan you are, everyone around you had no choice but to listen.
And the sad thing is we now have to watch what you wanted,and you still defend your behaviour.

And you really think DN listened to me?

You must be more deluded than I took you for.......

If I remember that afternoon v Halifax I was far from being the only dissenting voice but there you go. Would you like to mention the gathering by the tunnel after the game too by 100+ people?

I was 100% right that afternoon too, the only shame is I didn't say it a few weeks earlier, we might have been shut of him sooner.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »
Leaving suited DG as he'd just become a father. I imagine having some time away from football has enabled  him to fulfill his parental duties without distractions.

With regards to the abuse he received, particularly one evening game, the said individual should really have done this on a one to one basis rather than the soap box way. It reminded me of that premier league game when the fan threw his season ticket at the dug out. No need for that anywhere - particularly at this level.

TEP

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
Went to Spain to sell some boxes! Sounds about right when one of his tweets was located in Spain!!!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
DG's mother lives out in Spain!
is he not allowed to go and visit his mother ffs
was he not allowed a holiday??