Author Topic: Vs Haughmond  (Read 26769 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Haughmond
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »
Ignore AM after match comments (goes without saying now) most who witnessed the match will be of the opinion that in the last 10 mins Haughmond were gaining confidence by the minute .   Retain the same set up for Tues and we are probably doomed .  Big decisions for DN.

Lumbered with what we have got I suggest we take positive action and in the limited time try to lift players morale on and off the pitch .
Only option open to us as I see it place AM on gardening leave .
put Mcquire in midfield as captain/ manager and Bunny on the bench asst manager.
Chapman deserves a well earned rest ,  leave him at home for the night to catch up with Emmerdale .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 09:48:07 AM »
Bunce had a go when DG left, not for me .
  You may as well send for Steve Welsh or Dick Creasey
    5 League managers sacked yesterday ..

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »
How big does the squad need to be for christs sake? Every week more and more players come in and nothing changes. There must be 25 players on the books. Wage bill must be massive yet there's still no settled side. Bizarre

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »
How big does the squad need to be for christs sake? Every week more and more players come in and nothing changes. There must be 25 players on the books. Wage bill must be massive yet there's still no settled side. Bizarre

Current squad is 17+3 loans in=20 (19 with Vince suspended).  Only Beatson and Hare not in the team or sub yesterday.
United we stand..................

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 11:07:21 AM »
I am disappointed and frustrated at how the season is going but I have to admire Adam's honesty at admitting he has made mistakes. He knows things need to change and needs to be given the chance to try. Unfortunately I think Greg Smith needs to go out on loan to get fit. Looked off the pace, couldn't hold the ball up and kept having a go at his team mates (not in a nice way).
Will be interesting to see what squad movement there is this week but whatever happens I will be there next saturday supporting the lads in amber and black.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
I am disappointed and frustrated at how the season is going but I have to admire Adam's honesty at admitting he has made mistakes. He knows things need to change and needs to be given the chance to try. Unfortunately I think Greg Smith needs to go out on loan to get fit. Looked off the pace, couldn't hold the ball up and kept having a go at his team mates (not in a nice way).
Will be interesting to see what squad movement there is this week but whatever happens I will be there next saturday supporting the lads in amber and black.

Not much option but to admit to mistakes  after 9 months or bad signings  or lack of ability to bring the best out of them .
Things are only getting worse .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 11:58:30 AM »

Not much option but to admit to mistakes  after 9 months or bad signings  or lack of ability to bring the best out of them .
Things are only getting worse .

Im going to go with lack of ability to bring the best because i believe we have some really good players

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »
I have said from day one that Chapman is a useless misfit and been castigated for not getting behind him. I have not shouted at him recently after being asked to support him and not upset him. Yesterday the big number six playing the same role as him for an unpaid team two leagues below had more ability in his little finger than Chapman. I have supported Adam but must now say that his persistence in playing a washed up footballer is really testing that support. Get rid of him Adam along with McGuire who is wearing out Mick Smalls cushion on goodness knows what money. It gives me no pleasure posting this but the supporters are really being short changed and trust me if you act on this plea the fans will get right behind you and the team again. I am here to be shot at but who ever shoots should give me proof I am wrong.    UTP.

Ghostwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »
Agree with your comments about their no 6 yesterday.  He is a big lad and performed the role for them that Chapman fails week on week to do for BUFC.  AM needs to make the change now as it looks to me as though we are only playing with 10 men most games.

I thought James Thomas added some much needed energy to midfield and look forward to seeing him play alongside Harry Vince.

Don't understand why we signed McGuire if all he does is warm the bench. Let's get rid and free up some cash for a much needed striker, as we needed our left back to score yesterday, as non of the strikers looked like doing so.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
Nothing to cheer yesterday. Sadly, I wasn't surprised by the result. Have to congratulate the minnows from Haughmond. They didn't look like minnows by the end.

Whichever way AM dresses things up in interviews, he's ultimately responsible for the rubbish we are watching. Times up in my book. The Chestnuts need to find the balls to act regards his position. They let the Dennis situation fester too long, and I hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

A replay defeat would have to be the final straw, surely?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 03:54:24 PM »

Haughmond were well organised & confident, but with four promotions in six seasons they would be. Still think that we will beat them in the replay IF we abandon the long ball and play possession football. Hope AM will drop Smith and give Tyrell Waite a chance.Five off his eight appearances have been off the bench, his only full 90 minutes being against Chorley and Tamworth - both wins and I thought he was combining well with Hemmings in preseason.  Haughmond"s home record isn't so good, perhaps we"ll play better away from what was a very subdued York Street yesterday?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »
I do wonder with rumours of dressing room unrest and the players seemingly cannot be bothered on the pitch that Murray is putting Chapman in the team every match to prevent the players from "forcing Murray's hand".  If the dressing room won't play for the manager then he will eventually lose his job.  Chapman and Murray are friends and any collution by the players would be prevented with Chapman in the team. 

However - including Chapman in the team will eventually cause Murray to lose his job anyway.

Even if we win on Tuesday I think he is one game away from losing his job.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
did anyone go wotch boston town yesterday or no of anyone with coments pl.

youngchubby69

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 09:18:23 PM »
He won't be sacked,we can't afford to pay him off, and that's because he is on a four year contract.
Yes you will all say he is not, but believe me he is.
It's a four year project, and he will be still at the club, unless he is paid off and if he is the budget will be seriously affected for the next two seasons.
Promotion to the next league is not going to happen,why??
Let me ask you all a simple question, we don't have the money to compete for the best players in this league,so how are we going to be able to compete in the league above, it's a simple answer really we can't.
David Newton knows it will be financial suicide and the club will be in free fall,you have only got to look at NFU, even Halifax and money bags Fylde are not having it easy by a long shot.
We are stuck in this league for sometime to come.
I don't like it you don't like it,but that's how it is.
Sorry to be a party pooper but I am realistic and David Newton is also.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
He won't be sacked,we can't afford to pay him off, and that's because he is on a four year contract.
Yes you will all say he is not, but believe me he is.
It's a four year project, and he will be still at the club, unless he is paid off and if he is the budget will be seriously affected for the next two seasons.
Promotion to the next league is not going to happen,why??
Let me ask you all a simple question, we don't have the money to compete for the best players in this league,so how are we going to be able to compete in the league above, it's a simple answer really we can't.
David Newton knows it will be financial suicide and the club will be in free fall,you have only got to look at NFU, even Halifax and money bags Fylde are not having it easy by a long shot.
We are stuck in this league for sometime to come.
I don't like it you don't like it,but that's how it is.
Sorry to be a party pooper but I am realistic and David Newton is also.

If the four year contract is true chubby then we have already started the suicide process .
Ultimately it will be money i.e. declining gates that dictates Adams departure .