Author Topic: Vs Haughmond  (Read 26662 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Vs Haughmond
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 06:22:57 PM »
Well what a let down, we just can't put teams away, chance after chance goes begging, Greg Smith was woeful today, some of them played well but others are just not up to it.
We are a team with no belief or direction, and no leader on the field.
Our opponents didn't even play well, yes their keeper played well, but come on have we sunk that low.
I wanted to give Murray a bucket load as he came off pitch, but I refrained from doing so, because he looked like a man who now knows he has no future at this club.
I think he knows that the final whistle is about to blow on his project.

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »
Hang on a minute, there is something to celebrate, Salford are out of the FA CUP, get in there York City.
See there is always a positive somewhere to cheer you up.
No BBC cameras for them this year.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 06:54:04 PM »
Well what a let down, we just can't put teams away, chance after chance goes begging, Greg Smith was woeful today, some of them played well but others are just not up to it.
We are a team with no belief or direction, and no leader on the field.
Our opponents didn't even play well, yes their keeper played well, but come on have we sunk that low.
I wanted to give Murray a bucket load as he came off pitch, but I refrained from doing so, because he looked like a man who now knows he has no future at this club.
I think he knows that the final whistle is about to blow on his project.

An accurate summing up chubby .   The question most of us would like to ask Adam is  why are the players you signed who were pursued by higher league clubs performing so badly ?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
Comfortable on the ball, good movement, ball played through midfield - that's enough about them. What are we working on in training, how is this team being coached to play?? First half we just lumped long hopeful balls up to Smithy second half they played with a higher back line & we didn't have a clue how to break them down. We have no creativity whatsoever in midfield. The new lad was defensively tidy but we need some flair so badly. If we are not getting the centre forward AM promised then at least give Waite a go there. This is getting harder to watch by the week & as gates continue to fall The Chairman will be forced to act.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »
me granddads in a foul mude he sed u aint having any fish an chips 2nite boy get yourself a potnoodle out the cubberd then I said town won granddad he sed ok u can av a bag of chips 2 go with yor noodles and thank town for that boy

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »
I haven't seen many games this season. 
The ones I have seen haven't been great, but there's been signs of potential so I thought, given enough time, the team would gel and start playing some decent football.
Sadly that is not the case and one of the reasons appears all too obvious.
Criticism of individuals can be damaging to a team, so I will avoid that and just ask one question.
Why, when playing at home to a team much further down the pyramid, would you kick the ball straight back to the goalkeeper from kick off?  ???
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:13:50 AM by Ed Kandi »

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
me granddads in a foul mude he sed u aint having any fish an chips 2nite boy get yourself a potnoodle out the cubberd then I said town won granddad he sed ok u can av a bag of chips 2 go with yor noodles and thank town for that boy

Has grandad sold his bulldozer yet miele?  ???

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 08:13:17 PM »
I went with my 2 lads, yes paid the full family ticket price.for the family stand (21 quid), would of been nice to have free kid entry but oh well - honest opinion, Boston played against a well organised side well a GIANT dictating their play, good player.....they couldn cope with our attacking play but had us on a set peice, we missed at least 5 clear chances, not.clinical enough and thats why we got the draw - there is a problem with bufc though at the moment, cant quite put my finger on it but something isnt working, i suspect manager but the players aint 100% happy its very obvious - too much tension ( smith nearly got.sent.off again), this must be frustration for some reason or another......My guess is that there is shit going.on in the dressing room that we dont know about....

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 09:19:31 PM »
Just listened to AM interview , still seems we have  the same problems .........Players and fans not doing their bit . ::)

Pete you sure he's not DG in disguise  :D :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:23:49 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »
Yet another woefully poor performance against a side that attempted to play the correct way.
Why oh why do we play long ball against a supposedly inferior team.
Surely the gulf in ability should have shone through in our possession keep ball all neat and tidy with the visitors chasing shadows?
No the reality was play long ball and scrap for the seconds all over the pitch.
Yet another example of poor tactics.
The pitch which was used as one of the managers excuses last season was looking fantastic you could see Haughmond players in the warm up loving the surface.
So we have the pitch but still play in the air to Smith who looked way off the pace today.
For me the time has come decision at the top to show Murray the door.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »
 Murray may survive if he prevails v Haughmond

but League excuses are threadbare

In the words of GHM ..who could you choose  :-X
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:03:51 PM by father Ted »

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14:46 PM »
Go get Ian culverhouse from kings lynn.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
Murray may survive if he prevails v Haughmond

but League excuses are threadbare

In the words of GHM ..who could you choose  :-X
Time flies Ted ,   my comment was fully justified a year ago when the so called "knobhead army " was demanding the removal of a manager with an impressive CV at non league level .

Now I am certain that many can come up with many  names that have a superior CVs to the manager that now needs replacing .

In fact it would not surprise me if a Patter poster comes on and suggests his neighbour  for the job !!!   anyone on here live next door to Gary ?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:19 AM »
There is a proven manager at  this level who has been successful on low budgets plus he is available.

He isn't every ones cup of tea but AM seems out of his depth.

What I noticed when AM first arrived he practically ignored Bunce  and wasn't surprised when Bunce  was no longer required in the dugout.  However yesterday Bunch was back in the dugout along with the rest of the hangers on and  AM was actively involving Bunce. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »
David Newton has probably ordered that Bunny goes in there.
Looks like DN is covering all angles and probably making sure Bunny is familiar with the squad if needed to take over.