Author Topic: Full admission prices for cup game  (Read 8337 times)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Full admission prices for cup game
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
Not happy that the club have decided to keep the prices the same as forca league game for tomorrow's visit of a county league side.
After the dross we have seen it would have been a great way to encourage a few new fans and to see the new faces and hopefully a few goals.
But no to all that and I hope it backfires and the crowd is a low one.
What do we all think???

youngchubby69

Re: Full admission prices for cup game
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »
Having a low crowd will not help anyone, the club,players,or the finance's.
The only people it will benefit is the opposition, we need this to be the start of a good cup run, it is looking like this will be the only thing to look forward to this season.
I never hope for a low attendance, what's that all about, we all moan about not being able to compete financially for players,then you want to cut the club's revenue. Crazy idea.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
Im afraid the club have missed a trick here, how this can promote supporters is beyond me, le the kids in for free for god sake

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:03:39 PM »
The club haven't missed a trick... they have to agree with the away side what the prices are. They will want to make as much money as possible. Halving the price would not result in double the crowd.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
The club haven't missed a trick... they have to agree with the away side what the prices are. They will want to make as much money as possible. Halving the price would not result in double the crowd.

Perhaps not
However the potential to attract new people cannot be underestimated. Half price for adults and free for kids could bring in a family of four for the price of one committed fan. Four drinks, four hot dogs, couple of quid on the raffle, a visit to club shop and a programme could make up some of the difference (without having to share proceeds) and maybe they will return for further games

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
Agree. Poor decision re admission prices. This is typical of BUFC.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 09:03:20 PM »

Do you have kids that want to watch the football too pilgrim86?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »

Do you have kids that want to watch the football too pilgrim86?

I'm not sure what that has to do with the FA rule of both clubs having to agree on admission prices.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »
I can sort of see the argument for making it full price however many sides that play lower standard opposition in the cups lower the entry price. Its a fact.
I also think for a one off game then why not publicise it as a cheap game to watch from when the draw was made as soon as clubs agree the entry price.
Sales of food programmes and add ons would off set things a little in return for a few extra punters who you never know may return at full price one day.
Think the club could do lots more to promote itself in a good way.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
The Haughmond fans are coming whatever the price they don't care because it's a one of. I would guess that their board want to get as much out of it as possible. So I doubt it all BUFC's fault, it's very easy to criticise when no facts are known.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
Spot on David, Why do people on here aim there vitriol at BUFC when the prices have to be agreed by both clubs.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
Why reduce the price? Some say free entry and half price but if man u were coming would you want the price doubled. The only thing to encourage people through the gate is playing well, being entertaining and getting results. IF we get a good cup run the attendances will go up each round.
Some talk of going to watch town but then pay £20 for travel and entrance fee but moan about paying £13 to get in york street.  >:(

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 10:37:01 PM »
I can sort of see the argument for making it full price however many sides that play lower standard opposition in the cups lower the entry price. Its a fact.
I also think for a one off game then why not publicise it as a cheap game to watch from when the draw was made as soon as clubs agree the entry price.
Sales of food programmes and add ons would off set things a little in return for a few extra punters who you never know may return at full price one day.
Think the club could do lots more to promote itself in a good way.

I am sure David Newton would love to hear your suggestions.
The community programme which wins loads of award's etc, is that not promoting the club in a positive way??
I think we are the ones promoting the club in a negative way, you only have to read our posts.
Including me.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 06:47:52 AM »
I think we are the ones promoting the club in a negative way, you only have to read our posts.
Including me.

the thing is, there's not too much positivity at all at the minute, to be fair, so no wonder it would appear as you say YC.

Again, myself included. Let me summerise how I see it....1 win in the last 7 games, a poor league position, and an ever changing team, a manager who doesn't fulfil his promises, a captain who constantly moans, never runs, never encourages team mates and who was labelled the best by his manager....no wonder there's little to cheer.

Let's hope this evening we are discussing a thumping win, rather than a midweek replay, or God forbid, an early exit!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »
Including me.

the thing is, there's not too much positivity at all at the minute, to be fair, so no wonder it would appear as you say YC.

Again, myself included. Let me summerise how I see it....1 win in the last 7 games, a poor league position, and an ever changing team, a manager who doesn't fulfil his promises, a captain who constantly moans, never runs, never encourages team mates and who was labelled the best by his manager....no wonder there's little to cheer.

Let's hope this evening we are discussing a thumping win, rather than a midweek replay, or God forbid, an early exit!

Which explains why there is a lack of atmosphere and expectation at matches .
A turnaround in results combined with a good cup run is the only way the present gloom will be lifted .

Re: Admission price reductions ,   I think the extra profits from food sales can be discounted as the catering is not done by the club .