Author Topic: BRADFORD P A  (Read 19456 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Re: BRADFORD P A
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 10:57:26 AM »
The admission prices have to be mutually agreed between the two clubs immediately after the draw has been made, with the home club submitting a match arrangement form containing the details to the FA (via MOAS this season).

Therefore, the admission prices for your game on Saturday and for any potential replay will almost certainly have already been agreed and submitted to the FA. 

The FA stipulate a minimum adult admission price per round, which is £5 for the second qualifying round, but a higher cost can be charged if both clubs mutually agree.

It is up to the two clubs to mutually agree the admission price for children and senior citizens. I have known clubs to agree allow children in free under circumstances with no problems. e.g. when we played Hinckley in an earlier round  it was agreed that children aged 10 and under were admitted free of charge if accompanied by an adult.

At this stage of the competition any profit from the gate receipts are shared equally between the two clubs, the FA do not take any.

Then I really hope someone from the Club reads this forum and does it for the best of the Club.  I'll admit, I'm biased and have 2 young lads, crazy about Football, and it would be a no brainer for me to come if they were free - Honestly what harm can it do - they are Boston's future and surely it would encourage other parents who otherwise wouldn't come the chance to support the club, and it's support that we so dearly need at the moment.

Come on BUFC, encourage the kids and get more people down there.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2017, 11:33:53 AM »
Now this is just a suggestion, but with saturday being a cup match and all that why dont they take a leaf out of a few other clubs in the league and let kids get in free with a paying adult, fill the house up and give em some much needed support, it should increase the crowd surely, and give.them the best chance possible of winning on saturday

Don't think this would be permitted by the FA ,   Gate is split three ways (home and away teams and the FA)

It's only 2 ways in the qualifying rounds, and rounds 1 and 2 (except replays where a cut in rounds 1 and 2 goes into a pot and is redistrubuted to all teams competing in that round). FA only take a cut once the Premier League teams are introduced.

Minimum adult ticket price is £5 in the 2nd qualifying round.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:38:48 AM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
Many Thanks for the information,most interesting and informative.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »
Keeping my fingers crossed that the club will do something otherwise it could be a low crowd

tomgraves1993

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
I don't  know whether sacking him would be the wisest decision at this stage but it's got to change it or we are in big trouble. He has to stop putting his mates in the team I:E Hawley and Chapman. Every time i've seen Waite and Tshimanga they have been a threat to the opposition but both on the bench last nigh, but Chapman has been awful Captain or not. He needs some steal in that backline and midfield as I think we have the potential up top.

Saturday is a must win or I feel Newton may have his hand forced. 

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »
I went last night and wasn't impressed. Even away, how can you expect to win when all your players spend a lot of time in your own half.
The first goal was a set piece, lets face it we wasn't going to score any other way. Conceded two terrible goals. Lazy defending. However i didn't think Chapman played that bad. Huge issue for me is playing at least seven people behind the ball all the time. We even won a few second balls but couldn't  distribute it as most of our players were in the same area. Then a huge gap to the forwards so were lumping up for Rollings and Hawley to run after. Looked slightly better after the subs went 442 or 433 With Waite seemed far more balanced.

I Thought Beatson put a decent performance in as did Hemmings. Yeomans also worked hard but his interview seemed to suggest others can't be bothered

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
A problem I've noticed is that when our players have the ball, particularly in our own half, there's rarely anyone running towards the player to take the ball off him. Ie keeping it simple. The player is then forced to play it long. This is a simple thing that would make us much more effective. I bet in training there's loads of play like this but it all goes out of the window in match situations. There's a time and place for the long ball - note Leicester with Jamie Vardy. It rarely works without bags of pace.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »
A problem I've noticed is that when our players have the ball, particularly in our own half, there's rarely anyone running towards the player to take the ball off him. Ie keeping it simple. The player is then forced to play it long. This is a simple thing that would make us much more effective. I bet in training there's loads of play like this but it all goes out of the window in match situations. There's a time and place for the long ball - note Leicester with Jamie Vardy. It rarely works without bags of pace.

TEP
I agree with your "having to play it long"...when you line up with a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders, it doesn't give many options. There's often a 30 yard gap between these 7 and the attacking 3, so no option but to knock it long. When Harry Vince plays, he does drop into the 30 yard gap, so there's at least more option then. The other factor in this is that we spend so much time soaking up opposition attacks, the ball invariably starts in our own third with a hoofed clearance, and the same scenario applies. The one man who seems able to continually drop into the gap and bring others into the game in my opinion is Karl Hawley. Now, admittedly I wasn't a fan, and I would guess he'd struggle to last 90 minutes, but he seems to have more time on the ball, better vision, and in my book, recently his class has started to come through. Maybe he is the missing link, and should play a little deeper?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »
We are going to be in a relegation battle me thinks. The time for talking is over, big game on Saturday for AM.

We knew we would be in a relegation battle before pre season. Not sure why BUFC fans think their team should be play-off material.
This league, probably more than any other, is divided by the haves, and the have nots.
Seven teams are full time, and six or seven of the others are paying full time wages to some of their players. Kidderminster have paid £75k for a player (and wages to match) and Salf*rd offered £200k for a striker - loose change to the ex Manure players, but more than our entire annual budget.
We are in a league of about six teams (NFU, Leamington, Telford, Curzon, and I originally predicted BPA, but now it's FCUM) trying to stay in the division - BUFC could get drawn into this, but I expect them to be in the next group of lower mid table anonymity
The division above is not the promised land, but seemingly the path to potential obscurity - of which some teams are struggling to recover

this just about hits the nail on the head.....