Author Topic: BRADFORD P A  (Read 19630 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Re: BRADFORD P A
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
How do other.clubs manage it i.e. Spennymore?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
We are going to be in a relegation battle me thinks. The time for talking is over, big game on Saturday for AM.

We knew we would be in a relegation battle before pre season. Not sure why BUFC fans think their team should be play-off material.
This league, probably more than any other, is divided by the haves, and the have nots.
Seven teams are full time, and six or seven of the others are paying full time wages to some of their players. Kidderminster have paid £75k for a player (and wages to match) and Salf*rd offered £200k for a striker - loose change to the ex Manure players, but more than our entire annual budget.
We are in a league of about six teams (NFU, Leamington, Telford, Curzon, and I originally predicted BPA, but now it's FCUM) trying to stay in the division - BUFC could get drawn into this, but I expect them to be in the next group of lower mid table anonymity
The division above is not the promised land, but seemingly the path to potential obscurity - of which some teams are struggling to recover
Well said Steeli

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
Big game on Saturday! Let's all go to Dereham and support local lads who give 110% every week for a few quid!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 11:19:59 PM »
If any of you go on the BUFC Facebook page, you must read the comment from Andy Butler,its as two faced as it comes.
After all the crap he have Dennis last season, I just can't get over his post.
So his attack on Dennis was purely personal and not for the club.
The reply he got from one poster is spot on.

I like to think I'm a friend of Andy but you are absolutely right ,   
Many warned that things may not be better with a change of management .
 As no footballing reasons appeared to be explained for the demand of his dismissal,  your personal theory
appears to be justified .

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 11:21:28 PM »
Will the prices be dropped for Saturday???
As I'm not paying full price and I feel others will stay away too.
Think it's worth a journey to watch town play in the cup.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »
My lad and I are making the journey to Dereham on Saturday to watch town, saw them in the previous round and was impressed with their passion and commitment, good set of lads who  I think deserve a bit of vocal support, will make a change from the town end plus a new ground to tick off.
          We Are Boston

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
Looks like the management team need to work some magic with loan players. Must be some good players at football league level that we can borrow on the cheap.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »
Another poor result. Saturday's cup match should now be a welcome distraction, get a win to boost confidences.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
Could Saturday be Adam Murrays Fergie moment?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
Saturday is largely irrelevant. Expect a win and clean sheet. Only issue I can see is conceding early which will bring nerves

Players are under lots of pressure from the sideline. Manager shouts instructions almost all the time. Maybe leaving them alone to get on with it might help

Clearly though, he doesn't know his best team. Chopping and changing makes it hard for lads to form partnerships

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »
Just listened to AM in post match interview , same old stuff.  Again talking the talk and his comments only go and annoy those that scrutinise then .
The  "young lads " bit is used again as an excuse ,  really he should be reminded to be more careful with his comments .  In our last two play off teams where made up mainly of teenagers and under 21 players  ,I think Scott Garner was the "old man "of the team in his mid twenties .Last nights team contained 5 players over that age .  Maybe too many old players in the team would have been more appropriate excuse last night .

He expressed relief that the midweek games had come to an end giving him more time on the training ground to get things sorted ,   doesn't he realise other teams with completely new set of players and have had midweek games have got their teams firing , it's been a level playing field Adam.

Complained for all the second half of last season his hands were tied due to the sub standard players he inherited ,  now he's got his own signings to work with he admits their not good enough , no excuse Adam you signed them .  Along with the number of players he signed last season and shortly after discarded , and the poor quality players already signed this season,  if DN retains his services I would put a ban on new signings  ,  Would they be any better than the lot we have ?  I doubt it.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:52:15 AM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
Yes GHM I agree, other teams including the one we lost too last right, had a poor season last term, and have had to rebuild their team, but BPA are doing much better than us.
Yam Yeoman's looked thoroughly depressed about the whole situation, it clearly sounds like the changing room is divided and that just spells disaster full stop.
If Adam has any real man management skills he will have to use them quick, a divided team,is like a divided workforce, not efficient and non productive.
Always ending in the demise of the manager.

youngchubby69

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »
Now this is just a suggestion, but with saturday being a cup match and all that why dont they take a leaf out of a few other clubs in the league and let kids get in free with a paying adult, fill the house up and give em some much needed support, it should increase the crowd surely, and give.them the best chance possible of winning on saturday

Kids get in free to every league game at Kings Lynn, but I agree with GHM I don't think it's allowed in the FA Cup, I think the FA set the gate price.
Maybe wrong though.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:05 AM »
Saturday is largely irrelevant. Expect a win and clean sheet. Only issue I can see is conceding early which will bring nerves

Spot on with that! Saturday after a win ( it bloody well should be a win ) i expect to see some pro Murray fans saying he's got things right but in reality, and addressing the true balance, i think we can only judge any improvement when we play teams from our level as that is the level we need to make progress at to make our way safely up the league table. The FA Cup is a welcome sidetrack from our recent dismal displays, if we win it by a few clear goals it could be the boost we need. But dare i say it, should we lose, that should be the end of the manager ?  I cannot see how he would be able to stay if we did lose to a team from such a lower level. So while you state that Saturday is largely irrelevant, in many ways it should be as I've explained. But given our current form it could turn out to be an embarrassment and thus highly relevant to our immediate future.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »
The admission prices have to be mutually agreed between the two clubs immediately after the draw has been made, with the home club submitting a match arrangement form containing the details to the FA (via MOAS this season).

Therefore, the admission prices for your game on Saturday and for any potential replay will almost certainly have already been agreed and submitted to the FA. 

The FA stipulate a minimum adult admission price per round, which is £5 for the second qualifying round, but a higher cost can be charged if both clubs mutually agree.

It is up to the two clubs to mutually agree the admission price for children and senior citizens. I have known clubs to agree allow children in free under circumstances with no problems. e.g. when we played Hinckley in an earlier round  it was agreed that children aged 10 and under were admitted free of charge if accompanied by an adult.

At this stage of the competition any profit from the gate receipts are shared equally between the two clubs, the FA do not take any.