Author Topic: BRADFORD P A  (Read 19628 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BRADFORD P A
« on: September 10, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »
Although they have only won one game at home this season they should not be underestimated .  At the moment they have clawed their way into the top half of the table .

Midway through last season they had already been deemed certain for relegation . In late September  they brought in Mark Bower as manager .   Bower had just been sacked by Guiseley for poor results ,  at Guiseley in 150+ matches his win record was 42.5 %  ,   yes I know ,  that's the sort of figure we only dream of .

Bower dragged them up to one place below us by the end of the season ,  this season the improvement continues and they could be a good bet for climbing into the play-offs .

Got to show a big improvement to win this one , but win it we must to begin to edge toward a play-off spot .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BRADFORD P A
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »
Not missing a trick GHM .
 I would wish a midfield or defensive loan in by Tues midday ,and maybe one out .

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »
Silent thinking ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
Not missing a trick GHM .
 I would wish a midfield or defensive loan in by Tues midday ,and maybe one out .

That will be too late for Mondays match Ted !!

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »
Hmm maybe

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:48 PM »
Fantastic GHM I fully support that post, well said.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:12 AM »
Looking forward to tonights game, cant wait for all the changes, but to be honest I am dreading it.
I do try and be positive but we do need to try something different in midfield the time has come for change and it must start tonight.
I feel Adam is now walking the tightrope, prior to the last match the results have probably saved his job, but we all know that Newton sacks who he wants.
if it all goes wrong tonight, dont be surprised if you see Bunny at the helm for Saturdays FA CUP game, the only downside to that is the money the club will have to shed out to terminate his contract.
If we do need another manager in a couple weeks time, we need to not rush in to it and probably make approaches instead of waiting for the CV,s to roll in, a bit of head hunting is required, not emplyoing the rolled heads.
Been a terribble weekend for me, and have been on a tightrope myself and fell off it I am afraid, so I am sorry for any offence caused through my postings, especialy GHM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:27:01 AM »
Looking forward to tonights game, cant wait for all the changes, but to be honest I am dreading it.
I do try and be positive but we do need to try something different in midfield the time has come for change and it must start tonight.
I feel Adam is now walking the tightrope, prior to the last match the results have probably saved his job, but we all know that Newton sacks who he wants.
if it all goes wrong tonight, dont be surprised if you see Bunny at the helm for Saturdays FA CUP game, the only downside to that is the money the club will have to shed out to terminate his contract.
If we do need another manager in a couple weeks time, we need to not rush in to it and probably make approaches instead of waiting for the CV,s to roll in, a bit of head hunting is required, not emplyoing the rolled heads.
Been a terribble weekend for me, and have been on a tightrope myself and fell off it I am afraid, so I am sorry for any offence caused through my postings, especialy GHM.

I promise a positive and constructive post after the BPA match chubby .

No offence caused to me ,  many posters disagree with my comments but the only ones that offend me are those that direct vitriol at managers and players .

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »
Many Thanks GHM are you going tonight, if so have a safe journey and I hope the match gives you something to be positive about.
The one common thing on here is everyones frustration at this teams position at the moment, you can sense it nearly in everyones posts.
In all the years that I have been supporting this club,I have never been so confused over tactics and players, yes I know the budget is not the size of Salford and others, but surley its bigger than most clubs.
If Adam is here to deliver a long term project and get this club League ready, why dosent the chairman say so, that would at least give some kind of insight as to what lies ahead for the future.
I would imagine when the New Stadium is built and the Qaudrant homes are being sold more funds will be available to invest in the team, but I wish DN would say so, it would at least give us something to get behind and support it.
We are rapidly heading in to winter and DN said the new stadium would start to be built this year, but I dont see that happening due to the restrictions that the winter months brings to the construction industry, perhaps I am wrong about that and someone else could shed more light on it.
When I have asked DN about this he just says everything is moving along nicely, how nicely who knows?? He also said that funds would have to be raised, but nothing else has been confirmed as to how this is going to happen, the only person so far who is doing something is OXO bless his heart, but we need more updates to settle the nerves and to give us something to support.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »
Maybe my reply #1 will stand  ::)

Pitch inspection .

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 02:51:29 PM »
Is it raining in Bradford Ted

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
 There's something on Twitter@bostonunited YC  .
    Hope you're feeling better  :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
Yes thanks Ted, been a lot of family problems of late.
You know you can pick your friends not your family.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
MATCH ON .

PITCH PASSED INSPECTION.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »