Author Topic: Testing Time .  (Read 5981 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Testing Time .
« on: September 03, 2017, 02:35:01 PM »
Exciting couple of days ahead ,    tomorrow the FA Cup draw .   
Gary Frost Boston T manager is hoping to get drawn v Pilgrims ,   Many of us go along with Garys dream but  it does raise complications .
Who if it's a Town v Pilgrims tie  will Miele and his granddad  support ?

Tuesday night we have NFU visiting Jakemans Stadium ,  NFU as we all know will have the BBC RADIO LINCOLNSHIRE legendry guest Steve Housham in charge .
Adam will have to get his tactics right for this one as Steve will have seen video of our now superb playing surface which will give his side a great advantage with their passing game !!!

Mentioning Radio Lincs , any truth that the BBC are paying a special tribute to what was Lincolnshire Sport .  Rumour has it that on Saturday night Michael Hortin will be conducting the BBC symphony rendition of  HOPE AND GLORY . 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Testing Time .
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
I suggest that every Boston fan in the ground on Tuesday give him a gesture involving fingers on hands. Well, 1 or 2 anyway.

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 05:58:50 PM »
If United are drawn away at Shepshed Dynamo it could cost me a few quid. I promised Shepshed's chairman that if they face United at home I would sponsor the game. i only live down the road from their ground and I would love to see that game. They had a great win yesterday putting 6 past Leek. i'm sure we remember Leek.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »
Hopefully we miss Boston town till it's televised live, that would make interesting TV with how BTFC came about.

Also I think Housham should not be allowed anywhere near the stadium, his comments where vile and provocative.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »
Last time I saw Steve Housham his parting gesture was - "all Boston fans have six fingers." Vile tongued lout should be banned from the stadium.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
Exciting couple of days ahead ,    tomorrow the FA Cup draw .   
Gary Frost Boston T manager is hoping to get drawn v Pilgrims ,   Many of us go along with Garys dream but  it does raise complications .
Who if it's a Town v Pilgrims tie  will Miele and his granddad  support ?

Tuesday night we have NFU visiting Jakemans Stadium ,  NFU as we all know will have the BBC RADIO LINCOLNSHIRE legendry guest Steve Housham in charge .
Adam will have to get his tactics right for this one as Steve will have seen video of our now superb playing surface which will give his side a great advantage with their passing game !!!

Mentioning Radio Lincs , any truth that the BBC are paying a special tribute to what was Lincolnshire Sport .  Rumour has it that on Saturday night Michael Hortin will be conducting the BBC symphony rendition of  HOPE AND GLORY .

NFU will almost certainly have the lowest budget in our league, they did ok against us but lacked a finish - £50 a week strikers
Their football was ok - no Denton to aim for nowadays

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 11:42:58 PM »
As you can probably guess I'm hoping for Deeping Rangers vs Boston Utd.  Would certainly cut down the travelling time for me.   :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »
Hopefully fans will restrain from barracking and shouting abuse at Steve Housham .

What SH said on Radio Lincs was out of order and he showed genuine regrets afterwards .
He did not reveal the reason for his pent up frustration publicly , the people who have knowledge of the alleged cause fully sympathise with Steve .   His comments were wrong and badly delivered and under the same circumstances maybe many of us would have responded in the same manner .  I don't think he had the fans in mind when making the comments .

Lets get behind the team and show tolerance to both managers .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 01:27:16 PM »
 2 more forward signings / loans in failed ,which will limit options .
  Although 2 quick smallish forwards could endure , lack of midfield ball holding plus mediocre defence means continuation of 'end to end play'
     Maybe even against inferior opposition .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
2 more forward signings / loans in failed ,which will limit options .
  Although 2 quick smallish forwards could endure , lack of midfield ball holding plus mediocre defence means continuation of 'end to end play'
     Maybe even against inferior opposition .

Where do we stand with  midget midfielders Ted ?     not been discussed this season . :)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »
 Ok if they are Barcelona standard   8)  and dont get sent off much ..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:33:47 PM by father Ted »

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
In my opinion, does it really matter how tall midfielder,s are.
Its what they do with their feet is the important thing,nippy small guys are normally more beneficial with their low sense of gravity which enables you to turn easier and get tackle's in.
The only problem with to many tall midfielders is that you tend to get to much hg head tennis going on, my only criticism that I had of Garner  when he was here.
I don't think our midfield is full of short players anyway,average heights,but not short.
A mixture of height would be ideal,failing that we could give them platform boots.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
Exciting couple of days ahead ,   .   

Who if it's a Town v Pilgrims tie  will Miele and his granddad  support    me granddad supports town wen united r away me I me av 2 go were he say's    me gramp's  likes town cus theres loads of boston lads playing and boston peepol running it he aint saying eny r gud en nuf f4united but will be well up 4 u'c.l leage 4 shor
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:42:48 PM by miele »