Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 8303 times)

Franketh

• View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 10:45:02 PM »
Played really well albeit against a poor team, 3 at the back seems to suit us, Chapmans best game since he has been at the club for sure, showed glimpses of the passing range AM spoke about.  Green shoots for this team...as for the booing at half time I won't say any more about that!

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
Yeah I didn't get that either, if we we're playing sh*t and losing fair enough but we were playing alright

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »
A much needed 3 points. Despite the possession, we made hard work of it, but got there in the end. I thought the change of system suited the players better. A mention for Kyle Dixon, if I may. Never saw him as a left back, but thought for the large majority, he played a very solid game there.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
I know Jay got MOM and scored two lovely goals, but for me I thought Clifton should have been in with a shout for it, he impressed me, such a good all round player who at times l last night played some nice neat football.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
I know Jay got MOM and scored two lovely goals, but for me I thought Clifton should have been in with a shout for it, he impressed me, such a good all round player who at times l last night played some nice neat football.

I agree.  Welcome back Jay, like all the players last night he put in a shift.  Something puzzled me, we are lacking a striker and jay being last seasons leading scorer and last nights scorer, why oh why with every corner was he stood on the half way line?

Not moaning, I really enjoyed the game, well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
Yes why was Jay stood on the halfway line during set pieces, we also wondered that, perhaps it was to counter a possible break away.
But a good point you raise there, Adam looked a bit fed up after the game, perhaps the ridiculous booing at half time upset him.

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
Re Adam may have been he was feeling the pain🤕. In the club after the game Greg Smith reckoned he had pulled his hamstring when celebrating the winner!!😳

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
Ouch,I know that feeling.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »
For a corner you need all the height in the box that's a given, that means no Cowgill, Keane or Beatson and then add in Clifton taking the corner he is pretty much the only one left available to give us pace at the back to stop a counter

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
More extended highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9QXFcEQ4Y

I love how the league highlights don't show Stamp being removed from the touchline, but ours do.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/