Author Topic: Who are Haughmond?  (Read 11751 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who are Haughmond?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 11:34:02 AM »
2 buses according to their website
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »

That'll be about a 10th of the gate then.

They'll get a shock when they get asked for £12/13 to get in, its double what they'll be used to paying.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 03:17:17 PM »
 I would put it nearer 12 1/2 %

They have have a very modern half-ground and are obviously enthused by this trip.

Appear pretty mobile up front and wide ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »

Looks as though Adam has been outsmarted with tactics again .  One to park across each goal .
Must amend my prediction to  0  -  0 .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
If we don't beat this village side I would suggest Murray jumps on their bus and not return!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »

Looks as though Adam has been outsmarted with tactics again .  One to park across each goal .
Must amend my prediction to  0  -  0 .

Funny thing is we must be the only team to park the bus and still ship goals

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »
Anyone know the admission prices on Saturday?
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »
Normal prices

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »
Thanks, will be a low gate then.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
Just a point, we all moan every time we get knocked out of the FA CUP, well we will when we are full of doom and gloom even before the game has even been played.
Who cares about what it costs to get in,or if kid's are going in for free.
Let's just for once turn up in numbers and support our lads.
If we get behind them from the off, and make them feel they are playing for us, we might just for once see us progress much further in this competition, we certainly need the money and the publicity.
So come on let's turn up, make some nice,make York Street sound and like a cauldron of hostile noise to the opposition, remember many of the opposition have never played at a ground like ours and certainly not in front of a big crowd.
We have a part to play on Saturday,so let's do it.

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »
They have 30 players on their books are they Salford in disguise.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »
Just a point, we all moan every time we get knocked out of the FA CUP, well we will when we are full of doom and gloom even before the game has even been played.
If we get behind them from the off, and make them feel they are playing for us, we might just for once see us progress much further in this competition, we certainly need the money and the publicity.
So come on let's turn up, make some nice,make York Street sound and like a cauldron of hostile noise to the opposition, remember many of the opposition have never played at a ground like ours and certainly not in front of a big crowd.

I care about what it costs to get in, or if kids are going in for free - Not sure if it's just yourself that you pay for Chubby, I have a big family and my kids are mad on football and desperate to go - but when it costs me over £20 to take me and my 2 young lads it can get quite expensive!  I'm all up for everyone turning up and they will do if they make it easier for people to turn up.

Hopefully I can go tomorrow but just picking up on your point.

youngchubby69

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »

I care about what it costs to get in, or if kids are going in for free - Not sure if it's just yourself that you pay for Chubby, I have a big family and my kids are mad on football and desperate to go - but when it costs me over £20 to take me and my 2 young lads it can get quite expensive!  I'm all up for everyone turning up and they will do if they make it easier for people to turn up.

Hopefully I can go tomorrow but just picking up on your point.

Let's hope in the future something can be done to allow kids to go free, even if it's under 10s.
Does help if the ground has a good attendance, and after all they probably make extra money of the catering etc.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »
Agreed - Don't get me wrong love going but I will never understand for the life of me why they don't allow free child entry - surely the money they will lose from kids getting in for free will be more than offset against the increased adult paying fans - in turn this will increase attendance.  Just don't understand why they overlook it just doesn't make sense when they are so desperate for support.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »
Agreed - Don't get me wrong love going but I will never understand for the life of me why they don't allow free child entry - surely the money they will lose from kids getting in for free will be more than offset against the increased adult paying fans - in turn this will increase attendance.  Just don't understand why they overlook it just doesn't make sense when they are so desperate for support.

No where near. Tried and tested. it just don't bring the amount needed to cover it.  Theres a lot more getting in on under 16 than others think. extra adults would only make up 50% ish of what the gate losses.
Anyway its the cup and anything would have to be agreed with by the away admin and you can sure as hell bet they wouldnt go for it