Author Topic: Kidderminster .  (Read 23011 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster .
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »
Trinity not selling to Swann - despite all his threats - was a refreshingly brave thing to do. It takes a lot of guts to firstly stand up to an owner like him, but also blinkered fellow supporters who want the short-term quick buck and aren't afraid to turn nasty to get it. Probably the same supporters who'd happily toddle along to a Checkatrade B team game if they ever got the chance.

youngchubby69

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »
A little while back now I know Pete but Boston were in the same position with Sotnick and co wanting to buy York Street, the Malkinsons refused to sell it to them, and yes at the time it seemed the end for the club and that did nearly happen.
But looking back the new stadium idea was just a ruse to get hold of York Street build houses on it and fold the club it.
But the council saw through it and rejected the new ground on the basis that the funding was never going to happen and they would have to foot the bill for it.
So in the long run the Malkinsons and the council have played a big part in keeping us alive and at York Street.
Which they are still playing a big part, the Malkinsons for extending our lease, and the council for donating the land which the stadium will be built on and also backing the Quadrant development.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »
Harrogate have at least given Simon Weaver the benefit of the doubt, yes his dad pumps she'd loads of money into the club and most would say Simon's position is relatively safe.
But he still has to come up with goods and so far he is doing it, yes with a bigger budget than most clubs in this league but still he has had the backing of the club and most of the fans.
This season we will be a mid table finish for us, but this is a long term project and about building for the next two season's.
Let's all be honest here, if we do not have the money to compete at the top of the league in conference North,how the hell do you think we are going to be able to compete in the National League, I am sorry but until the new stadium is built and we are not spending 70k + on rent each year we will be a mid table club.
This can change before that if we get an investor who can chuck money at us, a good FA CUP run to match Lincoln's or a bit of luck with players over performing like under Greens tenure.
And for facts and figures % bla how bla, they can be minupulated and can be taken with a pinch of salt, so if a team draw's on regular basis, does that mean they are poor in attack or good in defence, for instance, so if they draw 0-0 does that mean they a poor attacking team but a good defensive unit, but if they draw 4-4 does that mean they are a good in attack and poor in defence, perhaps in 0-0 draw the opposition keeper had a an awesome game and saved 30 goal bound shots, or the ref ruled out stone wall penalties and disallowed goals sent players off etc.
And the same can applies for a 4-4 draw or the opposite, football is a human game with people making decisions and it is definitely not controlled by a computer or fancy figures on a graph.
See I do understand the concept of football, not from statistics but from someone who has actually played the game and has the t shirt to prove it.

Do you think the new stadium will be free?
£72k pa rent currently is extortionate but how much will BUFC pay for new ground?
David Newton and Chestnut homes are not charities, and someone will have to cover the c£5 million costs somewhere along the line

Fully agree, however the financial modal pays for the ground as it wont belong to Boston united, it will belong to the company set up to run it as a cummunity asset, Boston united will be just one of the companies using it on a peppercorn long term rent, The financing of the ground will be a different company to the football club, That company will use the rent from Bufc/accadamies etc to complete there payments that will be set in due course. The only question regarding the new ground as far as Bufc is concearned is when or will it get built

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »

So in the long run the Malkinsons and the council have played a big part in keeping us alive and at York Street.
Which they are still playing a big part, the Malkinsons for extending our lease, and the council for donating the land which the stadium will be built on and also backing the Quadrant development.
[/quote]

The land which the stadium is on is owned by Holy Trinity church, Spilsby Road  and is on a long term lease at minimal rent.

The Quadrant development plans have been given a huge boost - by church officials. A 13-acre site off the A16 - where Boston United are hoping to build their new stadium and ‘community hub’ - is owned by the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of the Holy Trinity Skirbeck Church, which has held the land in trust for the Diocese of Lincoln for 60 years. And church officials say they are happy to lease land to developers Chestnut Homes, to allow the project to move forward - if planning permission is granted. Speaking on behalf of the PCC, the Rev Simon Dowson said: “We are pleased that we are in a position to lease the land which will help this exciting project to go ahead. “We hope that the project will be of great benefit to the town of Boston.”

Read more at: http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/church-officials-to-lease-quadrant-stadium-land-to-boston-united-1-6179721

youngchubby69

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
So we still be leasing and not owning, hmm don't really know what to make of that.
So why did DN refer to the land as being donated to them, I am sure he said that,or was I dreaming lol

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
Theres never much We in fans owning a soccer ground ..

youngchubby69

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
I don't want to own it Ted, my mortgage is already to big.
Let's just hope it gets built before those weeds get too high, and the RSPB claim it as a nature reserve or the Traveling community move in and stake there claim on it.
Perhaps though in the mean time DN could pop a bit of Tarmac down and use it as a park and ride for Boston.
That would also bring some extra cash in for the club,and he could also have his sale's people on hand to show people people around the Quadrant show home's when they are built.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2017, 11:22:38 PM »
So we still be leasing and not owning, hmm don't really know what to make of that.
So why did DN refer to the land as being donated to them, I am sure he said that,or was I dreaming lol

A long-term lease on a peppercorn rent is as good as being donated the land. None of this is a secret, it has been announced several months ago.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/