Author Topic: Kidderminster .  (Read 22927 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster .
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 03:45:49 PM »
We can see things need to improve. So can the manager and there's nobody on here more qualified to judge, decipher and figure out what to do than him. So lets let him do it. You can make statistics say whatever you want, as Josh's post shows. I don't care what he's said in the past I just want to see progression and improvement and from the reports of Sat there was an element of it. There are 5 points separating 7th and 20th... And coming back to stability and sticking with a manager for five years, Harrogate aren't doing too badly this year are they?

Harrogate not a good example .

Boston and I guess other teams have had managers who have done better than Simon Weaver and on a much smaller budget and still got the bullet .      Can't beat working for daddy .!!!!

Simon certainly would have been gone long ago at most clubs . 

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »
Money doesn't always come into it when building a new team. It takes time. If you have eleven of the best goalkeepers in the world it won't make a good side. The team needs time to gel and the manager need times to see what works and what doesn't. I, as others do also think ten games is usually time to work out what's wrong and what is needed to put things right. If the manager knows what he is doing then he will make things better. Sometimes a couple of changes can make a difference but usually a longer term plan will get you where you want. The long term plan is the route harrogate have gone down. Their stadium development is coming along. The pitch was the first improvement. The manager has had time and things are looking good for them. As for boston there is a longer plan off the pitch but that needs implementing on the field of play and the fans should be patient. Chopping and changing managers is not the answer for success. If the manager is the right person for the long term then we should by November see significant improvements in the results.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
I only use Harrogate as someone else mentioned them in terms of stability and then not getting anywhere, the fact that there are so few points between the majority of teams means it shouldn't take much to get back towards the top end of the table. The key words stability, patience and time.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
A few people on here have said that AM is a good coach.

But on what basis do they think he is a good coach?

When he was at Mansfield his win ratio was about 33% then he eventually got the sack.
His win ratio at Boston Utd is slightly lower than 33%.

Football is a results business and there doesn't appear to be much evidence to support "he is a good coach".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
A few people on here have said that AM is a good coach.

But on what basis do they think he is a good coach?

When he was at Mansfield his win ratio was about 33% then he eventually got the sack.
His win ratio at Boston Utd is slightly lower than 33%.

Football is a results business and there doesn't appear to be much evidence to support "he is a good coach".

Maybe he is a good coach ,  good coaches don't always make good managers .    Maybe not signed the right players or is lacking in man management .   
Hoping he turns out a top manager but it's not looking good .

youngchubby69

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
Harrogate have at least given Simon Weaver the benefit of the doubt, yes his dad pumps she'd loads of money into the club and most would say Simon's position is relatively safe.
But he still has to come up with goods and so far he is doing it, yes with a bigger budget than most clubs in this league but still he has had the backing of the club and most of the fans.
This season we will be a mid table finish for us, but this is a long term project and about building for the next two season's.
Let's all be honest here, if we do not have the money to compete at the top of the league in conference North,how the hell do you think we are going to be able to compete in the National League, I am sorry but until the new stadium is built and we are not spending 70k + on rent each year we will be a mid table club.
This can change before that if we get an investor who can chuck money at us, a good FA CUP run to match Lincoln's or a bit of luck with players over performing like under Greens tenure.
And for facts and figures % bla how bla, they can be minupulated and can be taken with a pinch of salt, so if a team draw's on regular basis, does that mean they are poor in attack or good in defence, for instance, so if they draw 0-0 does that mean they a poor attacking team but a good defensive unit, but if they draw 4-4 does that mean they are a good in attack and poor in defence, perhaps in 0-0 draw the opposition keeper had a an awesome game and saved 30 goal bound shots, or the ref ruled out stone wall penalties and disallowed goals sent players off etc.
And the same can applies for a 4-4 draw or the opposite, football is a human game with people making decisions and it is definitely not controlled by a computer or fancy figures on a graph.
See I do understand the concept of football, not from statistics but from someone who has actually played the game and has the t shirt to prove it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
But he still has to come up with goods and so far he is doing it

If you forget every season until this one. That is only a few games old.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
But he still has to come up with goods and so far he is doing it

If you forget every season until this one. That is only a few games old.

Chubby only does short term (re Harrogate and football in general ) ,  my brother-in -law and the other 500 harrogate supporters do not go along with his views .

Long term planning re our team ,   to do that you have to have players on long term contracts ,  don't think we do that anymore

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »
Constant comparisons to the previous managers results are both unhelpful and unfair in my opinion. There were plenty of times during Greenes tenure when his sides put in absolutely hopeless performances that made you feel like we had no chance of ever competing. However, he was allowed time to rectify things and managed to turn things around. 

Whatever you think of Greene (personally, I liked him and was sad to see him go), his tenure as Boston United manager is over and he is now firmly in the clubs past. Let's look to the future under our new coach and give him our patience and support to try and turn things around.

There will always be a clamour for the coach to be replaced when things are going wrong, but as Green Hats Mate was always fond of saying during the exact same debate over Dennis Greene, who would we replace him with?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
Constant comparisons to the previous managers results are both unhelpful and unfair in my opinion. There were plenty of times during Greenes tenure when his sides put in absolutely hopeless performances that made you feel like we had no chance of ever competing. However, he was allowed time to rectify things and managed to turn things around. 

Whatever you think of Greene (personally, I liked him and was sad to see him go), his tenure as Boston United manager is over and he is now firmly in the clubs past. Let's look to the future under our new coach and give him our patience and support to try and turn things around.

There will always be a clamour for the coach to be replaced when things are going wrong, but as Green Hats Mate was always fond of saying during the exact same debate over Dennis Greene, who would we replace him with?

Correct ,   also to add another posters reminder ,,,, the grass is not always greener .    Sadly it's too late when it hits home .
Only opens up a opportunity for failed managers to send another CV out .

I did not like Greene ,  on a business visit to my home he introduced himself as BUFC manager , I did not take up conversation with him .
But very sad to see him leave . 

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »

Long term planning re our team ,   to do that you have to have players on long term contracts ,  don't think we do that anymore
[/quote]

That's been the problem with our financial position. When we do get the good players we cannot hang on to them at the end of the season because we cannot beat other offers them players receive from other clubs. All our contracts should start short term but once in a better financial position we should be able to offer better longer contracts to establish a better squad/team when those contracts are nearing an end. All this is not going to happen until we are in the new stadium and we have a manager with the credentials. Hopefully AM has the credentials.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »

Correct ,   also to add another posters reminder ,,,, the grass is not always greener .    Sadly it's too late when it hits home .
Only opens up a opportunity for failed managers to send another CV out .

I did not like Greene ,  on a business visit to my home he introduced himself as BUFC manager , I did not take up conversation with him .
But very sad to see him leave .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It is said that Alex Ferguson was one result from losing his job. Perhaps if they had lost that day, fans would be still be cursing their clubs error in giving him so long to prove himself without having had any success in return.

It's time to forget about Greene now and focus on trying to support Adam Murray in making a success of it in this job. After all, it's in all of our interests. Some of us will be proved right and some wrong. Who cares? I just want Boston UNITED to be successful personally.

We don't have the luxury of throwing cash at the problem so we are stuck with trying to build from the ground up with an as yet unproven manager. If that is going to be successful it will take time, patience and plenty of support.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
Harrogate have at least given Simon Weaver the benefit of the doubt, yes his dad pumps she'd loads of money into the club and most would say Simon's position is relatively safe.
But he still has to come up with goods and so far he is doing it, yes with a bigger budget than most clubs in this league but still he has had the backing of the club and most of the fans.
This season we will be a mid table finish for us, but this is a long term project and about building for the next two season's.
Let's all be honest here, if we do not have the money to compete at the top of the league in conference North,how the hell do you think we are going to be able to compete in the National League, I am sorry but until the new stadium is built and we are not spending 70k + on rent each year we will be a mid table club.
This can change before that if we get an investor who can chuck money at us, a good FA CUP run to match Lincoln's or a bit of luck with players over performing like under Greens tenure.
And for facts and figures % bla how bla, they can be minupulated and can be taken with a pinch of salt, so if a team draw's on regular basis, does that mean they are poor in attack or good in defence, for instance, so if they draw 0-0 does that mean they a poor attacking team but a good defensive unit, but if they draw 4-4 does that mean they are a good in attack and poor in defence, perhaps in 0-0 draw the opposition keeper had a an awesome game and saved 30 goal bound shots, or the ref ruled out stone wall penalties and disallowed goals sent players off etc.
And the same can applies for a 4-4 draw or the opposite, football is a human game with people making decisions and it is definitely not controlled by a computer or fancy figures on a graph.
See I do understand the concept of football, not from statistics but from someone who has actually played the game and has the t shirt to prove it.

Do you think the new stadium will be free?
£72k pa rent currently is extortionate but how much will BUFC pay for new ground?
David Newton and Chestnut homes are not charities, and someone will have to cover the c£5 million costs somewhere along the line

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »
Right let's get one thing straight I was there today along with another 58 you lot were not so, how can you say it was a lucky point? Kabbys' shot was going into the top corner and only got a slight deflection not a massive lucky one as suggested on here by someone who obviously not there. The fact is we could very easily have won and had them on the back foot all the second half. I suppose also that you didn't see the excellent ball from their keeper that set up the lad for their goal, yes our keeper rushed out into no mans land and never got near the scorer which was shocking. Yes Chapmans penalty was pathetic, almost a pass to their keeper. But the way Adam got them sorted for the second half was brilliant and we passed the ball about and looked really good. Nobody has been more critical than me but todays second half performance has lifted my spirits and I feel we will go on from here. Everyone is fully entitled to their opinion but please don't comment as though you saw the game.
Why attack people for having their own views on things regardless of it they attended or not ? I wasn't aware this was the criteria needed to be allowed to voice a personal opinion.

The radio commentary gave us that didn't go a good understanding of the game along with match reports from both sides.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of if they attended or not !  After all, its about winning, something we don't look capable of doing a regular intervals. My view is we are not looking as good at the moment as the last season. Against better teams we will get beat easily on current form. That is not to say that i don't believe that we could come good....we could. But we need to be knocking out some wins back to back, and soon.

Attacking people ? Don't be ridiculous I don't attack people, The last sentence of my post is quite clear everyone is entitled to their view and I accept that but what you actually wrote was we "got lucky with a heavily deflected goal" "Very lucky to get a point". The point I make is without witnessing the game these comments are ridiculous and based purely on hearsay. Incidentaly how many games have you attended this season?

It's your right to interpret things how you wish. If you think it's ridiculous then that's up to you. But just what has attending games got to do with anything, like i said...that's just getting personal. It is high time some people grew up and stopped being so bloody petty about insignificant things. And for the record, i have not being able to attend for over a year now, last time was well before the ex manager left before the conspiracy theorists start on that one. Before i never missed a home game for well over ten seasons, unless i couldn't get on a Tues, so please do not even try and knock my support. I support Murray, but am bloody frustrated with results as many are.  I don't care for the ex manager, i've moved on and it's time others did too. And the reason i have not being able to attend is down to ill health. But i don't expect a bit of respect, understanding or sympathy off anyone, just snide remarks about not attending. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2017, 06:48:18 AM »

Do you think the new stadium will be free?
£72k pa rent currently is extortionate but how much will BUFC pay for new ground?
David Newton and Chestnut homes are not charities, and someone will have to cover the c£5 million costs somewhere along the line

Of course the new stadium won't be free, but it will have its own income from the conference facilities and community gym etc, the funding is coming from grant's and the Quadrant development, which David Newton has stated many times.
He obviously has a business plan in place for the club going forward.
As you well know from experience it's no good having a sugar daddy pumping money in and no other main income stream.
I do though commend Trinity for not selling the ground to Swan, that is your assets and your security keep hold of it.
After all Swan showed his true colours when he couldn't get hold of what he really wanted.
I believe he would have built you something like Stamford has got on the side of some stupid sports college and leisure centre.
While he made millions from developing your ground.