Author Topic: Batch quits Boston  (Read 7275 times)

youngchubby69

Batch quits Boston
« on: August 28, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
Tom Batchelour has quit the club, a real shame and loss,was a shining light in a very poor team last season.
Apparently he can't commit to the club's training regime.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Re: Batch quits Boston
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
On the bright side, that reduces our wage bill. Could we use the opportunity to look for a decent striker?

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
Yes or a decent attacking midfielder, we seem to be overloaded with defenders.
Batch is still under contract so he can't go to another club, without they pay a fee for him.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Heard he had a bust-up with Hawley and Chapman. Downhill from there. Contracted to us for this season, so we cannot play anywhere else without our permission.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
Trinity want him, apparently he lives in the same village as Frecklington, and they know each other well, a plan probably hatched between them.
If I was Adam I would not cancel his contract,and make Trinity pay for him, a strong message needs to be sent out to the rest of the squad,if you don't play for us you don't play anywhere.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:10:32 PM »
Trinity want him, apparently he lives in the same village as Frecklington, and they know each other well, a plan probably hatched between them.
If I was Adam I would not cancel his contract,and make Trinity pay for him, a strong message needs to be sent out to the rest of the squad,if you don't play for us you don't play anywhere.
If Adam cancelled his contract it would make him available on a free transfer .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:12:28 PM »
He's only on a 3 month deal

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

If Trinity wanted to sign him, they should have done so in the summer. Think Frecks has spent his budget, so can't see any fee being paid.
Think also that our manager is on as thin ice as yours, and probably neither will last  the season

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
listening to Trinitys game V NFU today...bit of a BUFC reunion
Nathan Stainsfield, Shane Clarke, Charlie Gatter, Jordan Richards, Alex Simmons, Heinrich Ravas
V
Ross Durrant, Kyle Dixon, Jack Barlow, Joe Pugh
can we swap Batch for Jordan Richards ..........

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

If Trinity wanted to sign him, they should have done so in the summer. Think Frecks has spent his budget, so can't see any fee being paid.
Think also that our manager is on as thin ice as yours, and probably neither will last  the season
[As in both cases, I would imagine that both club's don't have the funds to pay off their manager's anyway, so good or bad we may be stuck with them.
I do honestly think though that both Adam and Frecks will pull us through.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »
listening to Trinitys game V NFU today...bit of a BUFC reunion
Nathan Stainsfield, Shane Clarke, Charlie Gatter, Jordan Richards, Alex Simmons, Heinrich Ravas
V
Ross Durrant, Kyle Dixon, Jack Barlow, Joe Pugh
can we swap Batch for Jordan Richards ..........

Jack Barlow and Joe Pugh !!!!!  God help them ,  roll on next Tues night .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
Happy with this. Great when heading balls coming towards him. Terrible if caught out with a ball over the top. No pace and limited mobility, even for a big man. Add to that he rarely threatens the opposition goal from set pieces - despite being the tallest player in the box. He's maybe scored once? Piergianni and Garner scored plenty.

Let's move on.

TEP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
Happy with this. Great when heading balls coming towards him. Terrible if caught out with a ball over the top. No pace and limited mobility, even for a big man. Add to that he rarely threatens the opposition goal from set pieces - despite being the tallest player in the box. He's maybe scored once? Piergianni and Garner scored plenty.

Let's move on.

TEP

Totally agree, No great loss.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
Will not be missed .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 10:10:46 AM »
A lad who tried his best but yet again the common denominator being...

An evo stik player playing above his level. Like Gregg Smith and the majority of others, he just isn't good enough if we want to be serious about getting to the top end of this division

How many of our players would a top 7 side want from us who would help them push on? Nobody really