Author Topic: AFC Man Und .  (Read 18745 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Man Und .
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
Very sadly this is, probably, the end of the road for our talented Mr Murray, even after this relatively short time with the business. Adam, if you do decide enough is enough, many thanks for attempting to resurrect our once great club but I cannot see any more you can do for us. You have brought to the club what you believed were the best players available, such as Chapman, but the guys you entrusted to get the results have failed and none of us want another season of 60+ players wearing the first team shirt, surely? Either way, I salute you, even if you decide to stay at York Street/Wyberton Stadium.

Oh for goodness sake everybody....Give the Bloke a chance! I agree things don't look great at present and it hasn't been the best of starts.But this is a very competitive league and theres are no "easy" games as Spennymoor have already shown us. It is however "early" days and our Manager deserves better treatment and respect than he is getting at present.He also deserves a bit more time to get his team gelling. He does however need to urgently sort out our very leaky,and at times totally unorganised "defence".

Sadly we Boston fans have very little patience and seem to think that we have a divine right to be successful.

Support the team and the manager...
not a divine right for winning football, but anything half decent to cheer for would be good, and that's sadly lacking at the minute, and its a discussion board / forum, so differing views, some in the extreme are bound to be posted. At the end of the day, we are all supporters, and all want to be part of a successful club. Some will always praise, some will never be happy. That's life.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 01:23:11 PM »
We must give him a chance - this knee-jerk reaction in football after a handful of games is ridiculous. And to show how we all see things differently, in the two home matches I've seen I thought that Keane was our most consistent player (CNY clearly doesn't think so!). These sendings off have got to stop, though. Will there be three in the next away match?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 02:22:15 PM »
Talk of getting rid of a manager in August always feels far too early in the season. Mostly a new squad from last year, give the players and the manager a chance. Murray looks to be giving 100% and sounds like he knows what he's doing, let's get behind Murray and the players, there's plenty of time to turn things around.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:47:22 PM by Lee Newell »

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 05:44:27 PM »
Murray said when he brought in Chapman that he was the best midfield player in the league.

Which league was he referring to though?  Certainly not the National North,  maybe the Boston & District League.
I can't imagine him dropping him because it would mean he has to take back his earlier comments about Chapman. 
But there can be o sentiment in football in picking a team and mate or no mate the team has to be picked on merit and unfortunately Chapman falls well short of that.