Author Topic: AFC Man Und .  (Read 18739 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Man Und .
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »
Let's give the man a chance to steady the ship, chopping and changing doesn't get you anywhere and doesn't help you progress. It just creates more instability. I'd just like to add as well, being down to 9 men, shouting for the ref to send off Chapman just because you don't like him is an absolute f***ing disgrace. He may not have played well to people, but hindering the team even more after being let down by other individuals just because you don't like him/he's the scapegoat is ridiculous. Support the team, not just the individuals you like.

Agree giving a fair chance to steady the ship , we are paying the price of not giving a successful manager time to turn a bad run  around .    Disturbing to hear the foul mouth abuse , we had more than enough of that towards the end of the Greene era .
AM has had 8 months now to improve matters , little or no sign of progress.   Management is much the same in any business , assert your authority and earn respect , Adam needs to do this  before it is too late .
 Smith is a player that many of us thought had more to offer than most the players signed but today has to be the final straw ,  No messing Adam , show him the door .

The most difficult job is recognising the lack of contribution of your best mates , this I think this is where most of us recognise Adam is left wanting .  Chapman has to go for starters to send a signal to the rest of the team , these two going will release needed funds to improve the team and hopefully  will get the message to the remaining players and release funding to bring in a skipper who can guide the younger players .
As it stands Adam has no chance of getting results with what are admittedly average players . Time is running out Adam.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:35:09 PM by green hats mate »

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »
Very sadly this is, probably, the end of the road for our talented Mr Murray, even after this relatively short time with the business. Adam, if you do decide enough is enough, many thanks for attempting to resurrect our once great club but I cannot see any more you can do for us. You have brought to the club what you believed were the best players available, such as Chapman, but the guys you entrusted to get the results have failed and none of us want another season of 60+ players wearing the first team shirt, surely? Either way, I salute you, even if you decide to stay at York Street/Wyberton Stadium.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »
Nothing guaranteed in football but gutted to see things go tits up so quickly this season! Like BB says Murray has played his hand with recruitment & it has been no way near good enough. So where does that leave BUFC? Struggling for the rest of the season I fear. We've only played 2 decent sides & got spanked off both sport & spenny. I thought we'd be hard to beat but we've conceded a hatful of goals already. So defenders poor. We have no creativity in midfield, with exception of young Vinno. Chapman, Broadhead, Mcquire & Keane have been poor signings, are things honestly going to improve with them in the team? They are contracted so it's a mess. Waite has proved to be a poor signing too. When many of these players we signed the hype was unreal: marquee signings, we'd beaten off league clubs, in demand players etc. Murrays now saying some of these players aren't up to it, we can see that! On top of all this a lot of these younger lads confidence must be on the floor. I would like to be more positive but can't see how Murray can get anymore out of this group, especially the goals we are conceding & lack of quality in midfield. We ain't got a centre forward either. We are Boston though so we march on.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2017, 08:45:57 AM »
Nothing guaranteed in football but gutted to see things go tits up so quickly this season! Like BB says Murray has played his hand with recruitment & it has been no way near good enough. So where does that leave BUFC? Struggling for the rest of the season I fear. We've only played 2 decent sides & got spanked off both sport & spenny. I thought we'd be hard to beat but we've conceded a hatful of goals already. So defenders poor. We have no creativity in midfield, with exception of young Vinno. Chapman, Broadhead, Mcquire & Keane have been poor signings, are things honestly going to improve with them in the team? They are contracted so it's a mess. Waite has proved to be a poor signing too. When many of these players we signed the hype was unreal: marquee signings, we'd beaten off league clubs, in demand players etc. Murrays now saying some of these players aren't up to it, we can see that! On top of all this a lot of these younger lads confidence must be on the floor. I would like to be more positive but can't see how Murray can get anymore out of this group, especially the goals we are conceding & lack of quality in midfield. We ain't got a centre forward either. We are Boston though so we march on.

Having received such loyal backing from Champs from day one this appears to be Adams footballing obituary .
Nothing to add to the footballing aspect of Champs comments .   My concern from day one has been even if he was a good coach and made the best signings he comes over as some one not able to extract top performance from the team .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 09:23:51 AM »
Agree GHM. Uninspiring in the extreme

Clearly a real student of the game but in this league that doesn't seem to be enough

Things he has had are:

Time to build his own team
Time to build his own back room staff
Budget to buy players
Healthy budget to pay players
Relocation of training base
GPS monitors to track players movements in training
An improved pitch which can no longer be blamed for poor performances

Etc etc

What we haven't had yet is an improvement in either results or indeed performances. Add to that a worsening of the clubs disciplinary record and the facts are there for all to see in my view

AM clearly isn't the right man for Boston United at the moment. He may be a great coach and a nice fella but he's not the right fit at the moment

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:14 AM »
I have not met AM but have been told by others what a nice guy he is and very professional plus he is an excellent coach.
Things that I will not question.
Sadly to be a manager of a group requires a bit more.
Not sure if he is the best motivator.
As a supporter I hope he turns it around.

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 09:44:47 AM »
Oh for the love of... Can we stop treating this like some bloody obituary. He hasn't gone yet! Murray is still the manager and hopefully it stays that way for longer yet and I hope he is able to turn this slump around, with a bit of patience and support.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »
Oh for the love of... Can we stop treating this like some bloody obituary.
I believe there's already a hole being dug for his soul. Here's the impending eulogy for you then.... In memory of Adam David Murray, aged 35, arrived mid December 2016, promised much, delivered little, departed this unforgiving Bostonshire late summer 2017.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Just like a lot of these posts are assuming and like in an obituary, you have to be dead/gone. He is neither. He's still in charge and needs OUR support. He deserves every chance to change this run.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »
People need to look long term. He is making changes from the bottom upso that we grow our own. He has admitted that things aren't working so let's give him the time to change it. We could be the team that puts a run together at the end and catch everyone unawares  :)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2017, 10:25:43 AM »
I have supported this club for over 50 years, and nothing changes.  We the supporters of Boston United are a fickle lot.

We moaned when Howard Wilkinson was in charge ( he went on to manage England )

We moaned when Jim Smith was in charge ( he became a very successful League manager )

We moaned when Don Donavan was in charge ( he turned the club around, and set the foundation stones of what we have today)

We love a moan, it comes with being from Boston.

All I say is give the man a chance.  He knows this is his doing and I think he will sort it.

If we get rid, or he leaves, where would that leave us?

BACK THE MAN AND THE TEAM
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
Oh for the love of... Can we stop treating this like some bloody obituary. He hasn't gone yet! Murray is still the manager and hopefully it stays that way for longer yet and I hope he is able to turn this slump around, with a bit of patience and support.

On balance many supporters have given him longer than they did some previous managers who had savoured success with Pilgrims and/or previous teams .      Adam with his talk of promotion , technology and camping set himself an unrealistic target having appeared to have learned nothing from his previous managerial post .   In my view Adam can go on and have a successful career but probably not in football , certainly not in management .
If and when Adam departs and he apportions blame on some of his players I will fully agree with him , sadly I don't think he will have time to unload these few  guilty players to turn things around .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
Give him 2 more ' signings'  :-\

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »
It's very easy for us to judge especially when some were devestated when Dennis was sacked. I am disappointed with the results and performances but i believe we must give AM more time or we will be virtually untouchable for other managers. I trust DN has his finger on the pulse and will call it when he sees fit. Just remember Alex Ferguson was hounded by supporters of MU and was said to be one game away from being sacked before he won that FA Cup game. Keep the faith, keep supporting OUR team and for gods sake let's lighten up a bit. As they say on Gardeners question time, onwards and upwards 😄😄
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
Very sadly this is, probably, the end of the road for our talented Mr Murray, even after this relatively short time with the business. Adam, if you do decide enough is enough, many thanks for attempting to resurrect our once great club but I cannot see any more you can do for us. You have brought to the club what you believed were the best players available, such as Chapman, but the guys you entrusted to get the results have failed and none of us want another season of 60+ players wearing the first team shirt, surely? Either way, I salute you, even if you decide to stay at York Street/Wyberton Stadium.

Oh for goodness sake everybody....Give the Bloke a chance! I agree things don't look great at present and it hasn't been the best of starts.But this is a very competitive league and theres are no "easy" games as Spennymoor have already shown us. It is however "early" days and our Manager deserves better treatment and respect than he is getting at present.He also deserves a bit more time to get his team gelling. He does however need to urgently sort out our very leaky,and at times totally unorganised "defence".

Sadly we Boston fans have very little patience and seem to think that we have a divine right to be successful.

Support the team and the manager...