Author Topic: AFC Man Und .  (Read 18748 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Man Und .
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »
My feeling is another defeat on Monday and he will see the light and walk.
The bloke is taking stress and the abuse will begin Monday afternoon ,   he came with a record of no success and will leave with no success , some of the experienced players he brought with him should hang their heads in shame . 

youngchubby69

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Just listened to Adam Murray on the radio, I could well imagine that Smithy has played his last game for Boston,he has admitted that some players are not up to it, I hope he includes Maguire and Chapman in that bunch.
The only problem is that they are under contract and will probably have to be paid off, with money we haven't got.
He does have a point regarding the officials, Kaba gets hacked down when in on goal,defender gets a yellow,we do it and get a red, consistency again at worst.
But officials are not the problem, the team is poor and sadly Adam is all talk.

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
Yep bloody disappointing after all the hope of pre season.
Disagree with Green Hat about no success prior to coming here. The MTFC owner has only this season been chucking his money at Evans to spend.
Greene though, really?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »
Disagree with Green Hat about no success prior to coming here. The MTFC owner has only this season been chucking his money at Evans to spend.
Greene though, really?

Well if you considered taking over the Stags at 18th position in the league and leaving them 18th in the league successful  then Adam can leave us today in 16th place the same position as we were in when he came and say he's been successful at Boston too.

What would you consider failure ?

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2017, 06:19:17 PM »
I would consider failure as being nothing short of promotion as promised by our manager!

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 06:27:18 PM »
Greene though, really?

AM was manager at Mansfield for 2 years.  His win ratio is similar to what it is at Boston Utd at 31%.

So an inexperienced manager. 
It also is unacceptable for him to disappear  into his dugout whenever the team goes a goal behind.

Just out of interest what was Greene's win ratio whilst he was manager?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
More red cards are we unlucky or reckless?

Last season we didn't win a home match on a Saturday for many months. This season it will be when can we finish an away match with 11 men!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
Can't disagree with much that has been written except the ridiculous call for Green to return by his best mate. Murray is responsible for picking the team so must accept some blame for as many on here know I have criticised the inclusion without fail of Chapman, forget about todays goal he was utter crap. Murray seems to let him order the others around causing total confusion, and his constant bickering at referees' does us no favours. Adam get rid if him or at least drop him before he causes your demise. Our outstanding player today was Jan Yeomans took his chance to claim the number 3 shirt very well. As for Smith I am afraid he is finished with nobody but himself to blame. I will be there on Monday although I am as upset and frustrated as anyone this is not the time to desert the club.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
Dennis Greene is in the past and should stay that way. If Adam Murray has a limited future without a turnaround, going back in time isn't the answer. There are beginnings of the obvious pro-Dennis comments, due to the current situation, but if what we have is no different to what there was, then what's the point in going back? If it's no better, then we are still in the $hit, just with a different manager. The probable answer is neither are good enough. And no, before anyone asks me to start naming names, I won't do it. That's the Chairman's issue, not mine. I'd just like to see a bit of success rather than headaches! There's nothing I'd love more than this be debating a thumping win, but that's not reality today, I'm afraid. Frustrating results, red cards, a moaning skipper and questionable leadership is the current reality.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 08:25:57 PM »
Let's give the man a chance to steady the ship, chopping and changing doesn't get you anywhere and doesn't help you progress. It just creates more instability. I'd just like to add as well, being down to 9 men, shouting for the ref to send off Chapman just because you don't like him is an absolute f***ing disgrace. He may not have played well to people, but hindering the team even more after being let down by other individuals just because you don't like him/he's the scapegoat is ridiculous. Support the team, not just the individuals you like.

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »
As much as I liked DG ,having him back is not the sensible thing to do.
Adam need's to sort this mess out and quickly, as we all know Newton sacks who he wants too.
But in the meantime we need to support Boston and the chairman.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
As much as I liked DG ,having him back is not the sensible thing to do.
Adam need's to sort this mess out and quickly, as we all know Newton sacks who he wants too.
But in the meantime we need to support Boston and the chairman.
You are right chubby , many older fans have seen too many returning players and managers over the years usually it fails , even though DG is the most successful manager for years we must not encourage his return .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
Just listened to Adam Murray on the radio, I could well imagine that Smithy has played his last game for Boston,he has admitted that some players are not up to it, I hope he includes Maguire and Chapman in that bunch.

So, who is to blame for the bad signings ? The end of last season and the majority were blaming our lack of form due to the fact Murray had some 'Den signings' still in his squad, using that as a scapegoat. This season there can be no such excuses, this is Murray's signings and the full responsibility like it or not, is his.  He will continue to play Chapman to the bitter end, i really cannot see that issue changing. 
I feel we could be looking at a bigger and quicker slump down the league if we are not careful. As i said towards the latter part of the Greene era to those campaigning for his head....be careful what you wish for.

I really cannot see how we are any better off now, have we progressed, or moved several steps backwards ?
Has our style of play got worse ?
What is the realistic target now, compared with the target set at the start of the season by all us fans ?  I said top six should be our aim, now....well, i fear league survival is all hope for.

I feel sorry for the fans that attend both home and away, we have nothing to be joyful for apart from having a BUFC.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »
in december, we went to FCUM with a side that many on here have disrespected and dismissed as not good enough, dross etc etc

got a decent point from a 1 1 draw

team was

durrant thomas robinson maguire gordon gatter chippendale hilliard marshall smith rollins. used subs were clappison st juste and colley

despite getting rid of all but two of this 14, let's face facts, we are no further forward are we?

budget wise, we are worse off, we have paid money for players who aren't even starting games and the squad is massive. the board have backed the manager who trots out the same old stuff every week

record is worse than greene's recently too

not convinced the manager isn't just a fraud. says all the right things but hasn't delivered. this is his team. no one else's. the cheap talk has to stop. it's getting embarassing

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »
As I  said-loan out  and loan some in, be realistic not idealistic .

Any contract signings would be treated with dread at this time .

I quite liked the Chairmans 1st manager , he wore nice suits .