Author Topic: tamworth commentary  (Read 11367 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: tamworth commentary
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 11:59:02 PM »
Just got back, it's late but I need a whiskey before I retire to erase the memory of yet another woeful away display. What on earth the manager is thinking about playing Hawley is beyond my comprehension. He is brushed aside easily, can't get off the ground to head a ball and continually caught offside wondering aimlessly around. Chapman was dreadful, can't get a tackle in ,can't play a decent pass if he was half as good playing as he is mouthing off to the ref he would be okay as it is he brings nothing to the team. Why is Liam Adams not getting a chance? we lack pace and tenacity up front and he has it in abundance but can't even get on the bench. Come on Adam get a grip for if we don't get sorted out soon we will be playing catch up all season.  UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:27 AM »
No better than last season. Lacking in all departments. Very very average.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
Adam Murray
I don't know if you read this forum or not, but if you do please take notice of what is being said, many of us on here care for this club and have supported it for many years.
We will support you and believe in what you do, but you need to give us something back for us to cheer about.
The likes of Liam Adams need to be given a chance, Karl is not the right choice to start with.
When OXO complains on here it's bad, and you need to listen now before the Facebook  wolf's start hunting you down,sadly like they did Dennis.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:14 AM »
Adam Murray
I don't know if you read this forum or not, but if you do please take notice of what is being said, many of us on here care for this club and have supported it for many years.
We will support you and believe in what you do, but you need to give us something back for us to cheer about.
The likes of Liam Adams need to be given a chance, Karl is not the right choice to start with.
When OXO complains on here it's bad, and you need to listen now before the Facebook  wolf's start hunting you down,sadly like they did Dennis.
Chubby, I'm not one who hunted Dennis, although I was negative about him on Patter. However, the results and performances are currently simply sub standard, and much as I admire your optimism, loyalty and hope, I have to say, you're almost on your own with your support of AM. You have to accept others don't agree with you, so don't embark on a one man crusade in support of the manager, just because other posters on here disagree. Have your opinion, but allow others theirs. Let's hope for an upturn in results soon, but for now, the above comments are right, we are no better than last eason, and it needs to improve.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »
Said it last season and will say it again. This side will not succeed while AM has this blind faith in Chapman

It is almost as if he feels determined to prove his ill advised 'best midfielder in the league' comment of last season

The old pals act with Chapman Hawley etc etc could cost us league places and the manager his job

Currently no better than last season are we. Some of these lads are getting big big ££££. Many posters have banged on about other clubs over paying but I can tell you Boston are no shrinking violets when it comes to paying their 'top players' the big money

Whether AMs new lads are good enough will tell in time, sendings off haven't helped either but big improvement is needed and fast

Look forward to another inspiring motivating Murray analysis of the game once the video comes out. God he comes across as boring or is it just me?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
I’m a bit baffled by the overwhelming doom and gloom on here. I actually thought Boston did alright considering the sending off. No, Tamworth aren’t much good, but managing to get back onto level terms with ten men is no mean feat regardless of who you’re playing. And actually, for a while we looked the more likely to score again until an unfortunate ricochet caught us out and began a short sequence of events that let Tamworth in again. On the balance of play, a draw would have been a fair result, so I can’t buy into this “we’re no better than last season” narrative, as last season’s shambles would have probably ended up losing that by three goals or more.

That said I have to agree that playing Karl Hawley alone up front is never going to be fruitful; to say it was a mistake though is a bit harsh as surely we all expected that AM was going to do that with Gregg suspended. AM realised it was futile and changed things at half time, and look what happened. Kabongo must surely start against Chorley.

Adam Chapman – I get that he’s AM’s righthand man out on the pitch, but it seems to me that a lot of our own players don’t actually like him given their reactions to his instructions. He was laying into everyone last night, and they were starting to give him an earful back. This is definitely not a good thing, even if he were somehow blessed with the passing range of Xavi.

In short, this is a team that I believe is lots better than last season’s, but is still flawed. The defence can look wobbly, we’re picking up too many cards, I worry about the lack of options up front and I fret constantly that Adam Chapman is going to push one of our own players into doing something daft.

But – and this is a big but – we have much more talent in this team now. AM just needs to work out how best to unlock it. I don’t think we need to despair just yet.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »
AM and Craig Dynamic???

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 09:03:53 AM »
Adam Murray
Chubby, I'm not one who hunted Dennis, although I was negative about him on Patter. However, the results and performances are currently simply sub standard, and much as I admire your optimism, loyalty and hope, I have to say, you're almost on your own with your support of AM. You have to accept others don't agree with you, so don't embark on a one man crusade in support of the manager, just because other posters on here disagree. Have your opinion, but allow others theirs. Let's hope for an upturn in results soon, but for now, the above comments are right, we are no better than last eason, and it needs to improve.
Sorry TTT but I don't get what you're saying, my post was aimed purely at AM not anyone on here,, and I wrote in support of people's comments.
So please explain how I do not let people have there own opinions, I don't stop anyone writing what they want on here.
If I choose to support Adam on a one man crusade that's my choice, and I am sure plenty of people do support him.
Please feel free to voice your opinion after all that's what an forum is all about.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Although earlier on here I gave a very scathing description of last night I must put one thing right. We do have better players than last season but some of them are not getting the opportunity to show their worth, it seems that the two I mentioned earlier can choose to play when they wish regardless of performances. I do have faith in Adam Murray and I do think if he looks at being more attacking minded we will get sorted, yes we need a goal scorer but the second half last night we looked a different team with the change up front so who's to say if given the chance we don't have one.   UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:09 AM »
It seems like the honeymoon period is over for the manager, is the tide turning with fans already ?

I was expecting much better this season as everyone was, but it does seem we have a manager content with playing his mates over potentially better players or certainly over more youthful players.  We have some good wingers, but listening to yesterdays match it seems that our strategy was to hoof it direct to Hawley. This season is starting to echo last season, but with more suspensions looming !
We need to improve, and quick. Otherwise the fans will be calling for him out before the end of September !!!  ::)
I'm still supportive of him ( before anyone jumps in about negativity ), but things need to change, and soon.

Saturday is a must win game already in my eyes. Get the win and we can forget about the poor start....until the next loss that is ;) lol

tomgraves1993

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »
I went last night and no doubt the sending off killed us, Hawley is not the solution for us he never looked interested - we looked much more of a threat with Tshimanga and Waite on the pitch. They both have to start Saturday for sure, we did well with 10 men and I feel if we had kept 11 men on the pitch we would have been the victors as Tamworth were truly awful but we made them work for it.

I think we are much better than last season that is for sure but if we are to be challenging for the Play-Offs, the front three has to be Waite, Tshimanga and Hemmings.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
Agree with Tom, don't see at all what Hawley brings, we looked instantly more of a threat when we changed personnel at HT and you wouldn't have known we only had ten players. They were always going to have spare men and one of them got finished off but the Tamworth side we played against we're as good as they've been in recent seasons, a missed opportunity all in all as we keep 11 on the park, we win.
One lapse at the back cost us. Disappointing
Got 3 out of 4 at home now, need to try and get ourselves towards the sharp end by the bank holiday but Chorley and Spennymoor won't be the easiest games to do that

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
Hawley and Murray are both dead miserable. Has anyone ever seen either of them smile? Not that having a laugh is everything but it's got to help?

On another note, Yeomans hasn't been involved at all this season. He really improved last season and I note he only signed a 3 month deal. How do people think he compares to his replacement cos I quite rated him

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »
Said it last season and will say it again. This side will not succeed while AM has this blind faith in Chapman

It is almost as if he feels determined to prove his ill advised 'best midfielder in the league' comment of last season

The old pals act with Chapman Hawley etc etc could cost us league places and the manager his job

Currently no better than last season are we. Some of these lads are getting big big ££££. Many posters have banged on about other clubs over paying but I can tell you Boston are no shrinking violets when it comes to paying their 'top players' the big money

Whether AMs new lads are good enough will tell in time, sendings off haven't helped either but big improvement is needed and fast

Look forward to another inspiring motivating Murray analysis of the game once the video comes out. God he comes across as boring or is it just me?

I expressed concerns in private to some posters very early after the end of last season that AM must beware of putting his job on the line by pampering to his old pals .    Agree with many fans view on Chapman , too much mouth (as I expressed on Patter recently ) , and little or no influence on his team mates .   In contrast when Gregg Smith steps on the pitch you can see an instant positive impact on the team.   Now come on Adam do the right thing to benefit you and the team ,  instantly Gregg returns give him the captains armband please .
RE: Adams dead pan after match interviews , these don't bother me but if his pre-match dressing room comments are delivered in the same manner I cannot see it giving the players an uplift .    He has to be given a fair chance , but will he have the bottle to make the required adjustments ?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:24:08 PM by green hats mate »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
What's happened to Maguire. Is he injured?