Author Topic: Jam Jar Collection.  (Read 52156 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Jam Jar Collection.
« on: August 14, 2017, 10:55:42 AM »
Hi All.  Here is an update on my jam jar coin collection. The running total after banking the coin today is a wonderful  £1564. This will carry on all season so keep chucking your loose change in a container and drop in to me in the Pilgrims Lounge before the game. This money will be used for the good of the club and most importantly the fans at the new stadium. Thank you once again.  UTP.

ps Ken could you pin this so I can regularly update the running total.  Thank You.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jam Jar Collection.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 07:02:07 PM »
Shall have one for you on Saturday, Mel.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
A quick thank you to those who dropped their coins with me yesterday, will give the running total when I bank.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:06 AM »
Just banked and can report the running total is now £1635 which is really great as this has only been running since the end of the season. Please keep throwing your loose change in a container (really painless) and drop it in to me before any home game or drop into the club office and I will collect. Once again thank you all so much.   UTP.

PS Please spread the word so we can get everyone involved.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 11:06:09 AM »
I keep saving it mel. Until there's enough to do something useful with it. Please can the club not do overnight stays out of fans money. No benefit really

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
I keep saving it mel. Until there's enough to do something useful with it. Please can the club not do overnight stays out of fans money. No benefit really

Many are of he same opinion.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 01:25:07 PM »
First of all thank you both of you for donations last night very much appreciated. I stated when I started this fundraiser that this money would be used at the new stadium not just for the clubs benefit but also that of the supporters, and supporters will have a say on what it will be spent on. I hope that clarifies.  Thanks once again to all.  UTP

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »
I keep chucking my loose change in a jam jar, about half full now. It does make the jam taste a bit funny though!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »
Think about me having to count it and don't even mention pickled onion jars. Seriously thank you to everyone, I will take coins in anything.  UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
I cleaned my marmalade jar meticulously!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
Back home again tomorrow so I will be just inside the Pilgrim Lounge gratefully receiving all those Jam Jars stuffed with your change. Here's hoping.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »
Will be inside the door of the Pilgrims Lounge again tomorrow. Please don't be shy and drop your jam jars full of loose change with me. If you have not filled your jars you will notice my bucket just chuck your loose change in it. Please, we have made a great start so keep it going and for you that think this money will be wasted let me assure you it will be used for the supporters as well as the club in our new stadium, if you want to know more please have a chat with me and I will explain. UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:19 AM »
My own jar almost full now. Would be lovely to receive some more tomorrow ( just inside the door of the Pilgrims Lounge ) or if you don't collect feel free to chuck a few coins in my bucket. Just to remind you this money will be used at the new stadium for the good of the supporters and the future of the club.   UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
A couple of jars handed to me one of them from the Chairman which I swear he had welded the lid on. To the bank in the next couple of days running total now in excess of £1,707 which thanks to your generosity is terrific, Please keep chucking that loose change in you jars you are making this all worth while.   UTP. 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
A couple of jars handed to me one of them from the Chairman which I swear he had welded the lid on. To the bank in the next couple of days running total now in excess of £1,707 which thanks to your generosity is terrific, Please keep chucking that loose change in you jars you are making this all worth while.   UTP.

Happy to report I today banked and the running total in there is £1,708 with a couple of quid in my jam jar. No home games for a couple of weeks but please keep chucking your loose change into a container and if it is full already you can drop it in to the club office and I will collect. Remember this money is for the benefit of the fans as well as the club at the new stadium and fans will have the final say on how it is spent.  UTP.