Author Topic: Jam Jar Collection.  (Read 52148 times)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jam Jar Collection.
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »
 Whatever happened to the laws of libel??

I was suggest that as a so called "respected" local businessman it may be beneficial to check with your legal advisors before making such remarks.

I would have thought trading conditions locally were tough enough without antagonizing potential customers

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »
All this cash slopping around could be a concern.  Hopefully, resting in a stand alone bank account.

Is there any oversight going on? 

Oxo seems to be having a lots of nice holidays in the sun!  Retired deputy governor prison officer pension must be gold standard.    Have you considered setting up a registered charity Mr Oxo?  This would make the collection go further with HMRC contributing a bit too?  Contactless would be much easier for those with no cash and easier to audit?  Just saying!  ;)

And Scouse gets banned from here.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
Nice one Ken.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
Thank you Ken. This individual stopped getting to me a long time ago but my wife was in tears reading this. I am taking advice on the matter for her sake but I will ensure the good name of this forum is in no way compromised.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2019, 10:40:58 PM »
How can some people be so disrespectful. Shame on them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:52:50 PM by Wyberton pilgrim »

holbeach 56

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
AS an ex charity tin collector for a number of years  Oxo for your own protection against these types of allegation the monies collected should be in a sealed container, emptied and counted by two unrelated individuals and then banked into a non personal bank account. Even though in the main you are dealing in small change it just covers your back. Hope this helpful. Every penny counts.
Kind regards.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
The new season is now upon us and so I will be in my usual place in the Pilgrims Lounge to hopefully receive your jars with your loose change in. As the new stadium begins to take place I will be discussing with the Chairman what will be available to us fans to use this fund, as you know it will be for you the supporters who have donated to make suggestions of how it will be spent for the benefit you the fans of the club, all ideas will be considered but you will have the final say.
I will also be signing up new members to BUSA not forgetting anyone joining will get next year free of charge BOGOF. It would be really good if everyone signed up and we all moved forward for an exciting future together.   UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »
An update, Thank you to all those who dropped your contributions in on Saturday you have really got us off to a flier in our final season at York street. Have just counted and another 55 quid will be banked this week bringing the running total to an unbelievable 3113. 66p. Again thank you so much I am sure we will have something really memorable in the new stadium for the benefit of you the loyal supporters.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2019, 02:35:40 PM »
Just been to the bank and deposited £92. 10p being the donations from Saturday, this is quite incredible  and I struggle to find the words to thank all you generous fans for supporting this venture. The running total now stands at an amazing £3,205.76p. UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
Just a little reminder that I will be in the Pilgrims Lounge before the game on Saturday if anyone wishes to drop off their jam jars. The new stadium is moving apace now and I will be looking where we can spend our money. Now is the time for your suggestions so please feel free to put them forward. I will collate them and put them on here for all you who have donated over the last couple of years to vote on. A final push would be great and thank you all so much for your support in this venture.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »
Just a little reminder that I will be in the Pilgrims Lounge before the game on Saturday if anyone wishes to drop off their jam jars. The new stadium is moving apace now and I will be looking where we can spend our money. Now is the time for your suggestions so please feel free to put them forward. I will collate them and put them on here for all you who have donated over the last couple of years to vote on. A final push would be great and thank you all so much for your support in this venture.  UTP

Will be in the Pilgrim Lounge before the game tomorrow as usual, seems a long time since the last home game looking forward to seeing you all. UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »
A wonderful night last night, So much happening but did not prevent one of my lovely lady donors dropping me two jam jars of mixed coin. Put with the rest and counted and bagged and lugged to the bank. I can now update you with the running total which stands at a magnificent £3,296,72p. I have asked for people to give me ideas to how it will be spent but very few have replied. It has always been the intention that this money will be used for the benefit of the fans and to that end I suggest purchasing television monitors for all the supporters concourse areas would be one way of achieving that. I will continue with the fund to the end of the season but please let me know if that idea is favourable. Again thank you all for supporting this you are stars.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2019, 11:23:17 AM »
Thank you for the recent donations which I will bank next week. I suggested the tv's in my previous post and people appear happy with that so I will discuss it with the club and update you as soon as possible. In the meantime I will carry on with the fundraiser until the end of the season and thank you sicerely for your support.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
Sorry for this update delay but been unwell. Happily I have been to the bank now which was quite a work out with over £120 in coins. Your wonderful contributions have now raised the running total to a fantastic £3,457,05p. Again thank you sincerely for your wonderful support things are really getting very exciting on all fronts now  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »
Hello everyone hope you are all well. Been dificult trying to run jam jar fund over lockdown however I have had some lovely containers recently so I will be banking £138,10p bringing the total to a great £3,595,15p. I am keeping things going as every penny counts but will be transfering £3,500 to the club for tellies etc this week. Please keep chucking your coins in your jars and thank you for your wonderful support.  UTP