Author Topic: Jam Jar Collection.  (Read 52158 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jam Jar Collection.
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »
A few nice coins thrown in my bucket yesterday and the usual weekly donation from my favorite lady. Special mention for "brummie in exile" making his annual pilgrimage, glad he picked a great performance for his visit but best of all he dropped me a jar of coins (didn't realise how many 5p coins you could get in a marmalade jar) thank you and thanks to all who support this effort.  UTP 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
Banking a further 61 pounds today bringing the running total to 2,494 pounds seventy pence. A nice contribution from my exiled mate in Scotland. And perhaps the most emotional donation I have ever received from one of our greatest supporters, three jars and a donation in a very moving letter made in memory of his son, so grateful and so moved thank you it helps make the effort worthwhile, Thanks also to all the other contributors rest assured you will choose how this money will be spent.    UTP.   

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Another quick update. Just counted the jam jar contributions and can very happily report that the running total now stands at 2,515 - 66p. A big thank you to all the fans who continue to support me by filling their jam jars with loose change and dropping it in to me before home games. Never forget this money will only be used for the benefit of the fans in the new stadium and how it will be spent will be suggested and decided by those fans who contribute. Again thank you for your loyal support it makes it all worth while.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »
Just a further update, Been to the bank and can report the fund now stands at a magnificent 2, 687 pounds
Thank you all once again. UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:38 PM »
Just a reminder, I will be in the Pilgrims Lounge before the game tomorrow please feel free to drop in your coins in a jam jar and feel free to chuck any loose change in my bucket.  UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
Home game at last (hopefully). Will be in lounge before game to receive your jam jars but will also be dashing about with the team sheets as Chris is away, any help would be appreciated.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »
Quick update. Just been to bank and the fund now stands at a wonderful 2,869 pounds & 66p . Please keep dropping you coins in a jam jar and hopefully I will be reporting that we have passed the magical 3000 pounds mark. We will certainly be in a position to use this money for something special for the fans in the new stadium. Please remember it will be you the fans who have helped raise this money who will suggest and decide what that will be.  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »
Will be in the Pilgrims Lounge prior to the game tomorrow collecting your jam jar donations would be lovely to get near to that 3000 pounds.  UTP

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2019, 10:19:17 AM »
And Scouse Pilgrim will double whatever is in your copper collection if the stadium is ever built  so that makes 6 grand and counting!
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »
Time to up the effort now Scouse has made the kind offer, 50k x 2 would make a lovely pot of money.
I don't think Scouse will keep to his word though, many seldom do.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
Time to up the effort now Scouse has made the kind offer, 50k x 2 would make a lovely pot of money.
I don't think Scouse will keep to his word though, many seldom do.

Surely you are not questioning the integrity of such a loyal supporter? If he did not keep his word is reputation would be in tatters ......oh hang on minute........... ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2019, 11:16:34 AM »
With my offer of donating £1000 from the Boston Gateshead double, I have a more realistic chance of giving Mel the money. All we have to do is both us and Gateshead win all remaining games, results go our way and a few points deducted here and there. Simples ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »
With my offer of donating £1000 from the Boston Gateshead double, I have a more realistic chance of giving Mel the money. All we have to do is both us and Gateshead win all remaining games, results go our way and a few points deducted here and there. Simples ;) ;)

It is the excitement and anticipation of your offer that drives me on Mick.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04:57 PM »
Just lugged the coins to the bank and the fund now stands at a wonderful 2959 pounds 16 pence. Again my thanks to the wonderful fans who keep supporting this effort hopefully the next time I bank we will have reached the magic 3000.    UTP.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »
All this cash slopping around could be a concern.  Hopefully, resting in a stand alone bank account.

Is there any oversight going on? 

Oxo seems to be having a lots of nice holidays in the sun!  Retired deputy governor prison officer pension must be gold standard.    Have you considered setting up a registered charity Mr Oxo?  This would make the collection go further with HMRC contributing a bit too?  Contactless would be much easier for those with no cash and easier to audit?  Just saying!  ;)
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.