Author Topic: Jam Jar Collection.  (Read 52153 times)

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jam Jar Collection.
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Dropped mine in the office Tuesday Mel.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »
Cheers Pete you are a real star.    UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
Well here we are at the end of a traumatic season worrying for half of it that we would be relegated and then almost making the play offs. One thing I am sure about is that we will have a team to challenge next season and we all need to get behind the club in any way we can, to this end I will of course be carrying on my jam jar collection. I will be in my usual spot just inside the Pilgrim Lounge prior to tomorrows game and will be grateful for any donations to boost the fund and encourage everyone to continue to chuck your loose change into your jars (containers) throughout the close season so we can start next season with a bang on all fronts.
Thank you for your continued support   UP THE PILGRIMS.

Well you lovely people responded yesterday, I am going to need a horse and cart to get all the change to the bank however, I can happily report after counting and bagging it all I will be banking tomorrow and the new total will be £2219-25. For what has been just one season this is fantastic and I do assure you it will be for the benefit of you the fans that this money plus next seasons collections will be used, and it will be you the fans who will decide how it will be used in the new stadium. Please keep chucking your change in a container to get us of to a flyer next season which promises so much. Again a sincere thank you to all. UP THE PILGRIMS.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
Well just got my season ticket sorted and Maureen was telling me that fans were saying they would drop jars in when they were collecting their season tickets. This is great news so please anyone with coin collections please feel free to follow suit and I will collect and bank. It would be great if you could all join in and encourage others to get us off to a flyer this season.    UTP. 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2018, 09:57:55 AM »
Was asked on Saturday if I was carrying on with my coins in a jam jar collection this season and the answer is YES I am. Just a reminder that this money is ring fenced and will only be used for the benefit of the fans in the new stadium, It will be for you the fans to make suggestions of how it will be spent and you will have the final say. This season promises so much with the squad being put together by Craig with the wonderful backing of the board so let's all get together and do our bit to ensure our club has the best possible chance of the brightest of futures.  UTP.

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2018, 04:02:34 PM »
Oxo, are you aware of any local business(es) and/or benefactor(s) who may be in a position to match the fan's efforts in this regard?

This could generate significant momentum as things continue to take shape. A fantastic effort so far - I hope people continue to support!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 03:13:05 PM »
Well fellow Pilgrims tomorrow is the big day, the start of what could be a very exciting season. My change in a jam jar fundraiser  will re-commence tomorrow and as usual I will be just inside the Pilgrims Lounge to receive your jars full of change, just a reminder this fundraiser is by the fans for the fans, it will be you who will suggest and vote on what this money will be used for to benefit the fans in the new stadium and it will remain ring fenced purely for that. Your support will be very welcome. I will also have some BUSSA joining forms along with other BUUSA committee members in the corner. As we move into a new era it would be wonderful if every fan joined and we all worked together for the benefit of BUFC.   UTP. 

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 03:38:34 PM »
Well fellow Pilgrims tomorrow is the big day, the start of what could be a very exciting season. My change in a jam jar fundraiser  will re-commence tomorrow and as usual I will be just inside the Pilgrims Lounge to receive your jars full of change, just a reminder this fundraiser is by the fans for the fans, it will be you who will suggest and vote on what this money will be used for to benefit the fans in the new stadium and it will remain ring fenced purely for that. Your support will be very welcome. I will also have some BUSSA joining forms along with other BUUSA committee members in the corner. As we move into a new era it would be wonderful if every fan joined and we all worked together for the benefit of BUFC.   UTP.

Have jar for u Mel. Will c u in Lounge about 1pm. Just left Edinburgh now. YABA.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »

Have jar for u Mel. Will c u in Lounge about 1pm. Just left Edinburgh now. YABA.

Great stuff me old mate see you tomorrow.   UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2018, 10:33:16 PM »
Oxo:: I have finally filled my marmalade jar. It has taken a year. I will be coming to York St for my annual Autumn pilgrimage on Oct 13 for the Blyth Spartans match. I will hand it over in the Pilgrim Lounge before the game. UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »
Well dear friends just lugged all the loose change to the bank and am happy to report the total banked so far is a wonderful £2,351  Thank you all to my faithful jam jar fans. It would be wonderful to have more fans joining in just chuck your loose change 1ps 2ps 5ps and I don't refuse higher denominations in a container (jam jar) and drop it off with me just inside the door of The Pilgrim Lounge prior to every home game. I remind you all again that this fund is ring fenced to be used for the benefit of supporters in the new stadium. I will ask you the fans to suggest how it will be spent, put all ideas out to you to vote for. I am happy to start receiving suggestions now which will guide me when the time arrives to discuss with the Chairman what kind of space is required etc.   UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »
Hi everyone just a quick update. First thank you all for supporting me, a quick mention for Josh Butler who left me a jar which I retrieved from the club office last week. The jar was a apple sauce jar containing lots of lovely coins when i emptied them there was still enough apple sauce on them and in the jar to supplement our Sunday roast. (Good to have single blokes on my list)
Been to the bank today and can report the running total stands at a wonderful 2.433 pounds and 70 pence again thank you to all who donate remember this money will only be used to provide something in the new stadium specifically for the benefit of the fans, and it will be you who decide what that project will be.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
Hi everyone just a quick update. First thank you all for supporting me, a quick mention for Josh Butler who left me a jar which I retrieved from the club office last week. The jar was a apple sauce jar containing lots of lovely coins when i emptied them there was still enough apple sauce on them and in the jar to supplement our Sunday roast. (Good to have single blokes on my list)
Been to the bank today and can report the running total stands at a wonderful 2.433 pounds and 70 pence again thank you to all who donate remember this money will only be used to provide something in the new stadium specifically for the benefit of the fans, and it will be you who decide what that project will be.

I am going to game on Saturday Mel, have a jar for you. Hope to see you in bar b4 the game! YABA.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »

I take no blame at all for the lack of house training, it certainly wasn't for the lack of trying!!!!!!

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2018, 12:39:22 PM »

I take no blame at all for the lack of house training, it certainly wasn't for the lack of trying!!!!!!

Mel I couldn't get to game on Sat due to having to cover for somebody at work. Great 3 pts back on track. Ok I have counted jar & will post it 2 U pronto @ York St. YABA.