Author Topic: Vs Spennymoor MATCH OFF  (Read 19722 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Spennymoor MATCH OFF
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
I can't believe they won't be fined. Otherwise any team could do this. Have a few players out injured, order a crap bus, 'breakdown' - play the fixture at a later date. If they don't get fined or docked points, they have nothing to lose.

TEP

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2017, 01:23:53 PM »
Have Spenneymoor been fined for not fulfilling a fixture?  Although it would be impracticable to implement, it was be great if they were made to compensate those of our fans who made long and wasted journeys last Saturday.

And who might not bother now it's an evening kickoff. I'm sure BUFC will be worse off financially.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »
Have Spenneymoor been fined for not fulfilling a fixture?  Although it would be impracticable to implement, it was be great if they were made to compensate those of our fans who made long and wasted journeys last Saturday.

And who might not bother now it's an evening kickoff. I'm sure BUFC will be worse off financially.

Will they even have a team to fulfil an evening kick off with their coach having to depart at about 2pm to get here for 7pm, allowing for the A1 traffic.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2017, 04:56:17 PM »
See that Compass the coach company have apologised to the Spennymoor fans and club .   they are also giving free transport for the fans and team next Tuesday .       Shame they can't give a cost free apology to BUFC and the fans for the expense and inconvenience caused .
Not a very professional run company .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
Spennymoor need to do something to apologise, but not sure that them paying for the BUSA coach for the reverse fixture would be the right gesture. Most of the people who travel on the BUSA coach will be living local to Boston, whereas the people most inconvenienced by Saturday would have been the ones making longer trips to York Street. My round trip is 3 hours, others come from further away. Wouldn't the fairest solution be for Spennymoor to offer free ground admission to all away fans in January?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2017, 07:03:36 PM »
Spennymoor need to do something to apologise, but not sure that them paying for the BUSA coach for the reverse fixture would be the right gesture. Most of the people who travel on the BUSA coach will be living local to Boston, whereas the people most inconvenienced by Saturday would have been the ones making longer trips to York Street. My round trip is 3 hours, others come from further away. Wouldn't the fairest solution be for Spennymoor to offer free ground admission to all away fans in January?

YES.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
Yes LP my first thought was free admission for Boston fans for the return fixture for exactly the same reasons as you (I travelled from Sheffield on Saturday ultimately to watch Boston Town v Newport Pagnell) but I wasn't sure how easy this would be to sort out. Would there be league regulations about minimum pricing for matches which rule out free admission? I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if there were. The free coaches whilst not helping me, you and the others who travel from out of Boston to games, would at least be straightforward to arrange.

I don't suppose Spennymoor will do anything though. I'll just have to settle for cheering on whoever is playing them for the rest of the season and you can't have too many clubs you want to lose!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »
Yes LP my first thought was free admission for Boston fans for the return fixture for exactly the same reasons as you (I travelled from Sheffield on Saturday ultimately to watch Boston Town v Newport Pagnell) but I wasn't sure how easy this would be to sort out. Would there be league regulations about minimum pricing for matches which rule out free admission? I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if there were. The free coaches whilst not helping me, you and the others who travel from out of Boston to games, would at least be straightforward to arrange.

I don't suppose Spennymoor will do anything though. I'll just have to settle for cheering on whoever is playing them for the rest of the season and you can't have too many clubs you want to lose!

It's the trauma of the screaming kids on the Skeg train I want compensating for.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41570290

Well done Eastleigh. Now time for Spennymoor to follow the precedent.