Author Topic: Spennymoor  (Read 20405 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »
What is the general opion of the following?
Who would you replace in the team at this current time and why? Excluding the manager.
What positions would you recruit for ?
Who would have preferred to move from York Street and invested in the team instead,when Newton and Kempster took over the club.
Where would you have preferred to move too?

My answers are as follows,
Chapman too slow and makes too many mistakes, Maguire just hasn't got it anymore and is going to be another who just takes the money.
Midfielders and forwards.
We should have left York Street it's just been a money pit.
Moved to Boston Town,it would have benefited both club's and helped them improve their ground and they could have been a feeder club and helped us blood our youngsters.
We could have made there and our team stronger with a bigger budgets for both club's.
But we still have to move forward to a new ground which I can't see being built to 2020 at the earliest.

My response to your answers chubby .
Chapman and Maquire ,    agree .
Not practical  for many reasons , access , and venue unacceptable to pilgrims fans .etc
Bigger budget would not materialise due to smaller gates .
If it is 2020 we will just have to be patient .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2017, 10:04:53 PM »
And remember, at the end of August last season we had 4 points  ;) ;D :laugh:

And after 5 games in Greene's first season we had obtained 10 points,  including a 4-1 win at Stockport and a 3=0 win at NFU . 
And I would suggest the only decent player he inherited was Marc Newsham .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
I get all the points that people are making about travel costs and the difficulties in attracting players. If that's such a big issue though, how on earth did Dennis Greene persuade Rene Steer to travel from Wembley, Jake Hall to come up from London, Liam Marrs and Liam Agnew to drive from the north east, Scott Garner from Coventry, Grant Roberts from Leeds, etc., etc.? Plenty of people moan about Greene, but with hindsight maybe he had a better gift of the gab than Murray when it came to persuading players to join us. Plus, if some of the current players have only joined us once the travelling has been made easier, are they hungry to progress their careers and are they with us for the right reasons? Or are they only in it for an easy life and a good pay day?

All valid points YSP,  I recall at one fans forum Greene expressed that he couldn't believe that Rene drove up from London for the small wage we paid him .   Marrs and Agnew was on loan for many games and must have been on a nominal sum .  No idea what Jake Hall cost but he brought a bit of glamour and publicity to YS .  From posts on Patter Adam  clearly lacks  charisma in some fans view .

Your post does remind us of the great contact Greene had with Sunderland ,  Agnew , Marrs , Ferguson , Stryceck plus another goalie and outfield players I cannot recall the names of . 
Top players at low cost

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Plenty of good points made. Sadly, i cannot see much change unless the manager drops Chapman..which he won't !
Managers shouldn't lead by the heart (Friends circle ), but the head.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
Like you left back- I can't see a single positive that chapman brings to the side

It would be much better without him

But love is blind

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2017, 11:44:28 AM »
Plenty of good points made. Sadly, i cannot see much change unless the manager drops Chapman..which he won't !
Managers shouldn't lead by the heart (Friends circle ), but the head.
if Chapman shut his mouth and concentrated on playing, would he be good enough at this level? Or is his constant mouthing giving us a different focus to fault?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »
I'd love Chapman to prove us all wrong, no surprise to see him in the starting line up yet again today ! The manager soon needs to have him performing, as others have stated, it could in the end cost him his job. Fingers crossed for a win today, nothing less.