Author Topic: Pearson Mwanyongo joins Stamford  (Read 5546 times)

Pilgrim till i die

• View Profile
Pearson Mwanyongo joins Stamford
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »
Looking through twitter and it looks as if the winger that joined and left earlier in pre season Pearson Mwanyongo has joined Stamford on a 1 year deal???

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson Mwanyongo joins Stamford
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:01:03 PM »
AM did say after a death in his family he had to make some life changes,maybe he could not commit to the training regime Adam has put in place whereas maybe at Stamford their training prob suits him. Other than that, I have no idea :D

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »
Funny old game. Hmmm.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
I gather the manager is making heavy demands on the players. That's fine, but it's not for everyone. The higher paid members of the squad (who derive all their income from football) will be fine with it but lower paid generally aren't as they have other jobs and have to juggle both

I hear some lads are on 800 a week. Even if you knock a bit off for the hearsay factor it's still massive money. Not as big as some in the league but still a lot

In contrast others are earning 200. Very hard to maintain harmony in the dressing room with such big differences in money

AM has to deliver. He now has his squad. Not an inherited one. Big season ahead

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
I gather the manager is making heavy demands on the players. That's fine, but it's not for everyone. The higher paid members of the squad (who derive all their income from football) will be fine with it but lower paid generally aren't as they have other jobs and have to juggle both

I hear some lads are on 800 a week. Even if you knock a bit off for the hearsay factor it's still massive money. Not as big as some in the league but still a lot

In contrast others are earning 200. Very hard to maintain harmony in the dressing room with such big differences in money

As we top out at 5k per week i very much doubt we have players on 800 a week

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 12:50:41 PM »
Presumably he couldn't commit to us for a year at the time, due to the death in his family. Now he's had some time, the offer from us isn't there, but he's had one from Stamford so good luck to him.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »

As you rightly suggest we have to allow for the hearsay factor but even so my guess is that about half the budget is taken up by 4 players ,  plus Adam appears  now to be full time .

I did not see Saturdays game but those who did were bitterly disappointed ,  and fully entitled to be considering the expense involved .
A few comments on Boston from the Southport fans forum ...
"relegation fodder"
 "clearly Boston was very poor "
 "lethargic"    "woeful"     "poor" 

Little sign then that these higher paid players delivered value for money .
To put things right Adam has to deliver a big pre-match address to his players tonight pointing out in no uncertain terms  him and the fans deserve better .  One observation clear to many fans with limited football knowledge is  that our captain would make a far greater contribution to the team if he desisted contesting and discussing decisions with the ref and instead gave advice to the young inexperienced players .

After the inept performance Saturday I would also suggest that Adam gives BUSA a big thank you for their well meant generous  overnight stay at Southport and declines to take up the Blyth offer as has the Southport project proved it does not give BUSA or the club value for money .

Hope fans like myself give backing to the manager and team tonight and in return they must deliver .
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:28:37 PM by green hats mate »

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »

I too hope fans get behind the manager and team tonight, we"ll be there to cheer them on.  Also hope AM starts Tyrell Waite and Kabby Tshimonga, saving the older legs and experience of KH for the latter stages.