Author Topic: Couldnt have been a worse afternoon  (Read 9860 times)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Couldnt have been a worse afternoon
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
Still playing and how bad an afternoon this has been before you hear how it was the refs fault the reality is we were poor all over.
The 141 that made the long journey well done but I haven't got the time to even begin at how bad this was.
As I'm writing in goes the 4th.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Couldnt have been a worse afternoon
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »
Now sit back and wait for the moans to start, it's only the first game, not a very good one I grant you, but there's still a long way to go.    Let's see how they react to this on Tuesday night.  Be positive!!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »
Factors in our favour before game: Southport scored 3 goals in 6 games pre-season and BUSA paid for overnight stay for better preparation !
Can we reduce  the BUSA budget  for the Blyth trip ? Cos the way I feel right now I'd make them go camping

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »
Errrr....think there is every right to moan after being thrashed in our first game against a team who were supposedly in "disarray"!

Doesn't mean we don't support BUFC...

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »
Never have happened in Don Donovans day ..  :(

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »
I never went but what a terrible result. The worst possible start - four goals against, none scored and a red card. Very deflated seeing the scores coming in. Even if we haven't got much firepower up front, at least pack the defence and midfield and don't concede. A few more results like this and it'll be last
 season all over again.

TEP
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:29:53 PM by Tipps End Pilgrim »

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:01:57 PM »
Let's face it. Southport fully deserved their win. They were quicker to the ball, sharper in attack and prepared for this game better than us. Shame about Greg's red card and ring reduced to 9 men but we were well beaten by a better side by then. I didn't like that idiot Boston supporter giving Hawley some abuse at every opportunity. He needs encouragement not discouragement. Get real, man!

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
A few more results like this and it'll be next season all over again.

TEP

Next season? Now that is pessimistic, even for a BUFC supporter, predicting next season will be bad.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:05:41 PM by Deeping Pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
Factors in our favour before game: Southport scored 3 goals in 6 games pre-season and BUSA paid for overnight stay for better preparation !
Can we reduce  the BUSA budget  for the Blyth trip ? Cos the way I feel right now I'd make them go camping

Just think Dave how many goals we would have conceded without our "better preparation".  :)
If we cancelled the Blyth overnighter , would the £1k as a signing on fee tempt Rollins to sign,?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:56 PM »
Dont think you rate AM GHM  :-X

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 07:31:24 PM »
Youngchubby and Champs Next Year will make it all rosy for us again.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »

Just think Dave how many goals we would have conceded without our "better preparation".  :)
If we cancelled the Blyth overnighter , would the £1k as a signing on fee tempt Rollins to sign,?

Yes I suppose it could have been worse, but as for Rollins  if a player doesn't want to play for us then they can go .He certainly wanted to play for us when he played for Armthorpe.  The fact he didn't turn up for the Curzon game was poor.  (oh yes, he was injured )  :-\

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »

Can we ask the players to pay the supporters' travel costs for the trip to Blyth? After that performance I think it would be appropriate.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »
Let's look on the bright side,the wana be premiership boys at Salford lost too.
And this article has made me laugh so much, they Salford need to learn how to win in this league first. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10973347/gary-neville-and-ryan-giggs-target-taking-salford-city-to-the-premier-league

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »
Youngchubby and Champs Next Year will make it all rosy for us again.
I want to make it perfectly clear Tips that I am not buying you anymore roses, to make you Rosie, people will begin to talk.