Author Topic: Hednesford  (Read 9631 times)

nightshade

• View Profile
Re: Hednesford
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 07:37:19 AM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
There's been a lot of hype lately of just how good we are and just how good the new manager is. Of course, the latter is warranted on how he as a person conducts himself and his business side of the job. However, is the team really as good as people are making out already ? Talks of we now have a chance of winning the league this season with this group of players was a bit quick to be honest. Apart from Barrow, who has really been a test until today ?? Grimsby youths was never a challenge so for me, today was a good pointer on how far, or not, we have come. I still think we are in a better position all round than this time last year, but to be even play off contenders still feels a big ask. I would love to be proved wrong ! Onto the new season now with renewed hope. It can't be as bad as last season.....can it ? lol   UTP

You've been quiet until now... almost like you've been waiting for a defeat! I'd rather go through a pre-season where we have a game that doesn't go so well. AMM will learn more from it, than any win against Grimsby U21s, Lincoln United, etc.

Southport are in disarray, and we should do well next week. We might look back and regret it if we dont get the 3 points - similar to losing at home to Stalybridge last season!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »
Didn't look like we created much. But Hednesford looked a decent side

Watching AM post match he's just so dour and comes across as really boring. Eventually teams take on the personality of their leader and our fella never smiles does he? Hope this doesn't happen as we've got the players to entertain this season

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »
There's been a lot of hype lately of just how good we are and just how good the new manager is. Of course, the latter is warranted on how he as a person conducts himself and his business side of the job. However, is the team really as good as people are making out already ? Talks of we now have a chance of winning the league this season with this group of players was a bit quick to be honest. Apart from Barrow, who has really been a test until today ?? Grimsby youths was never a challenge so for me, today was a good pointer on how far, or not, we have come. I still think we are in a better position all round than this time last year, but to be even play off contenders still feels a big ask. I would love to be proved wrong ! Onto the new season now with renewed hope. It can't be as bad as last season.....can it ? lol   UTP

You've been quiet until now... almost like you've been waiting for a defeat! I'd rather go through a pre-season where we have a game that doesn't go so well. AMM will learn more from it, than any win against Grimsby U21s, Lincoln United, etc.

Southport are in disarray, and we should do well next week. We might look back and regret it if we dont get the 3 points - similar to losing at home to Stalybridge last season!
Do enlighten me on just how you interpret my post as someone wanting defeats ? I've praised the manager, said i believe we will come good, but i've thrown a few questions into the debate as those questions are ones we all need to think about. It's not negative, it's keeping things real.  As for been quiet on here, i didn't realize that there was a guideline to post weekly, lol.  None of us will know just how far we have come until a few games into the season. Nobody wants success of this club more than me, so please don't insinuate that i am waiting for defeats. I'm behind this manager 100%, the same as i was with all previous managers.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
Only one trialist got on yesterday. A big powerfully built, centre forward. Apparently last club Braintree. Looked like a larger version of Malachi of 2yr ago. He didn't look match fit & bit too much timber on. Came on for last 25 mins. Not much involvement, one chance scuffed it. The Clayton deal must have cooled. Not there yesterday??

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
Why would you have a trialist on the bench and not use him when it's your last friendly?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR