Author Topic: Hednesford  (Read 9639 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Hednesford
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
0-0 after 15 mins.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Re: Hednesford
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
1-0 Hednesford

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »
2-0 down with20 mins left.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
3-0. Now it's getting silly.

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
Not the end to pre season we wanted.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »
A wake up call for next Saturday. I hope AM picks his strongest side. We need to win this match to placate the moaners.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 05:56:39 PM »
Weird after positive build up..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 06:50:50 PM »
Sometimes you learn more about your squad after a defeat. Sooner loose today and get a wake up call than on the 5th.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
There's been a lot of hype lately of just how good we are and just how good the new manager is. Of course, the latter is warranted on how he as a person conducts himself and his business side of the job. However, is the team really as good as people are making out already ? Talks of we now have a chance of winning the league this season with this group of players was a bit quick to be honest. Apart from Barrow, who has really been a test until today ?? Grimsby youths was never a challenge so for me, today was a good pointer on how far, or not, we have come. I still think we are in a better position all round than this time last year, but to be even play off contenders still feels a big ask. I would love to be proved wrong ! Onto the new season now with renewed hope. It can't be as bad as last season.....can it ? lol   UTP

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
There's been a lot of hype lately of just how good we are and just how good the new manager is. Of course, the latter is warranted on how he as a person conducts himself and his business side of the job. However, is the team really as good as people are making out already ? Talks of we now have a chance of winning the league this season with this group of players was a bit quick to be honest. Apart from Barrow, who has really been a test until today ?? Grimsby youths was never a challenge so for me, today was a good pointer on how far, or not, we have come. I still think we are in a better position all round than this time last year, but to be even play off contenders still feels a big ask. I would love to be proved wrong ! Onto the new season now with renewed hope. It can't be as bad as last season.....can it ? lol   UTP
It's just one defeat, lets not start with the negative attitude again, if we had beaten them easily,then no doubt you would have been complaining that the opposition was to weak.
This is a new team still getting to know each other, and let's not forget that.
Did DG win all of his pre season friendly game s ?????

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
It's just one defeat, lets not start with the negative attitude again, if we had beaten them easily,then no doubt you would have been complaining that the opposition was to weak.
This is a new team still getting to know each other, and let's not forget that.
Did DG win all of his pre season friendly game s ?????

How is that negative ? Constructive more like. Its not complaining, its stating that apart from Barrow we have not had a true test yet and we have a lot to prove...which i hope and believe we will. But on the flip side of the coin, its a time to keep our feet on the floor and not get over-hyped before the true competition starts. Only then can we gauge if we have improved enough to be competitive to finish in the play offs or higher.

As for reverting back to Greene....its time everyone moved on from that boring conversation, he's gone, it's done with. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »
Sometimes you learn more about your squad after a defeat. Sooner loose today and get a wake up call than on the 5th.

A scrappy 1-0 win next Saturday and all will be forgiven , that's football fans for you .

With the reorganisation reducing players traveling and an extra night training each week gives us a real advantage over recent seasons .   Chestnuts have funded fees to buy three players and according to Adam we have obtained players that had offers from higher placed clubs .  Every reason to feel confident of a top 4 finish ,  certainly missing the 7th place play-off spot would be disastrous .

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:17:50 PM by green hats mate »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 10:40:32 PM »
Just got back from game, Mrs was driving so we had few Bev's in Nottingham. Definitely a wake up call. They were a really useful outfit. So solid at the back & a really good footballing side. Saw alot worse teams than them in our league last season.

Cowgill was a big miss today, but he's only one player. They caused us trouble at the back all game & we resorted to hoof ball alot. Warren & Chapman were good in the first half, but we couldn't hold on to the ball up front. We are crying out for a striker who can hold it up & bring the wide men & attacking midfielders into the game (& score 25 goals!!)

It was a pre season work out & we have played better in all the other games, esp Barrow. It's out the system, 3 sessions next week, then the real stuff starts at Southport. Hopefully Tshimanga & Waite will hit the deck running.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 01:24:57 AM »
Good report champs, who were the trialists today??

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 07:05:17 AM »
We did use a lot of substitutes yesterday. At this stage of pre season, shouldn't it be more of a dress rehearsal for next week, with a likely strongest XI and most players completing 90 minutes?