Author Topic: Todays Ref  (Read 11988 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Ref
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
We all agree the lads played some lovely stuff today and certainly deserved to win. It appears we also agree that the defending from the set pieces was awful,I hate to criticise any of our players but whilst ever we have a keeper who stands rooted to the goal line and never takes control of his six yard box we will continue to struggle in this area.
I am still confident we will win the league in style.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
Well it was a great game and a good team effort wich in truth should have won easily, as for the the ref, cheat it was on the cards for the last 20 mins 3 free kicks they got. 1 should have been our way and the other 2 was not even fouls not even there players looked for them, As for the corner,THEY GOT TO BE F***ING TAKING THE PISS.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
Yep got to agree Oxo as strange as it sounds that was 1 of the best performances of the season IMO. I said on the way home that is the most 1-sided draw I have ever seen.

Forgot to mention the ref on my first post, the worst we've had apart from the Retford ref. He missed 2 hand balls, let that many fouls/dangerous attempted tackles go from them I lost count and as Bostonshire has pointed out in the last 20 mins gave at least 3 free kicks for challenges that where nothing like fouls. 1 thing he did get right though, it wasn't a penalty on Weir-Daley.

Generally this year I think the refs have been much better than the last couple of seasons but todays ref and the 1 from Retford have been shocking.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
Yeah, as gutted as everyone else about the result - but want to apologise to Suarez again. I posted on here after the last league home match about how initially I did not rate him whatsoever but thought he had had a cracking match then. He did it again today - flick ons, tracking back, tackling, getting stuck in, giving as good as he got, linking up with Spencer W-D. Mikel, I like you a lot (in a footballing sense......).

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »
Yeah, as gutted as everyone else about the result - but want to apologise to Suarez again. I posted on here after the last league home match about how initially I did not rate him whatsoever but thought he had had a cracking match then. He did it again today - flick ons, tracking back, tackling, getting stuck in, giving as good as he got, linking up with Spencer W-D. Mikel, I like you a lot (in a footballing sense......).

like you starting to warm to him , as at start of season thought he looked abit lazy and out of depth , seems now hes starting to get to grips with the rough and tumble of this league , him and swd look a great partnership , also its good to see newsham still getting goals from the wing which isn't his natural posiston

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »
Spencer Weir-Daley has now scored in five consecutive games, so (without trawling through my archives) who was the last Boston player to do that, and where is he now?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »
Clare or Kirk?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »
Clare or Kirk?

Both to be found in Scotland (or as near as damn it) now  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
Clare or Kirk?
Its not either of them.
My guess was David Norris but its not him either.
I've looked it up but I'm not going to give the game away.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »
Couldn't resist trawling to see who went on such a run  ;)
He stayed on the bench on Saturday but another ex Pilgrim scored against his team in the cup, unless I'm mistaken

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 02:44:15 PM »
Thought this was about the idiot in black, the Fancy Dress Man. Plonker, tosser, wouldn't recognise a foul if one bit him on the arse. Another one on an ego trip who likes to display his authority in an arena that is alien to him. Issuing a person like that with a whistle can result in a player getting seriously injured because he can'y control the players. But hey, what does that matter, he draws his money and can walk away without worrying about how he did. The FA wont admit licensing idiots like him to referee was a mistake cos then they are admitting they don't know what they are doing. Well I have news for them, they don't.

Bob Lee

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
some posters on here thinks the ref had nothing to do with the result ???

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »
We would have won had we been able to defend the corner - that wasn't the ref's fault. It shouldn't have been a corner, mind you...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
Oh the ref influenced the deserved result alright it was never a corner at the death and frankly I've only ever seen one other so inept and he was officiating a Isthmian league one match which is about as high as that wally from yesterday should ever appear again.  Awful little man.

bb1

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
Boston aint lucky with refs against Burscough. Away last year i remember froggy sent off red carded after the final whistle, for protesting, what for our last minute disallowed goal.They are fast becoming our bogey team.Lets hope we go up and leave em in this league where this Boston side don,t belong Loving the work rate of Yates getting better with every game feel if he scores one it could lead to a few from him.