Author Topic: Coalville  (Read 9453 times)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Coalville
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 10:26:15 AM »
Where do we stand with Jay Rollins? As far as I know he hasn't got a new club yet. If he were to come back apologetic and now want to agree the terms we offered, would we have to find room in the budget? If we didn't, could he then leave on a free transfer?

He's still on trial at Grimsby. They played Winterton last night, he scored 2 & was man of the match in a 7-0 mariners win.

youngchubby69

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 09:53:23 PM »
Who wants a player here who turns down a deal after being named player of the season.
He has stuck his two fingers up to us all, so he can sit on the bench at Grimsby, you reap what you sow Jay.
I am sorry,I never thought he was that good, average player in this league, if he was any good one of the full time clubs in our league would have signed him, the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »
Who wants a player here who turns down a deal after being named player of the season.
He has stuck his two fingers up to us all, so he can sit on the bench at Grimsby, you reap what you sow Jay.
I am sorry,I never thought he was that good, average player in this league, if he was any good one of the full time clubs in our league would have signed him, the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.

As said by others before you can't blame players trying to better themselves .    Dread to think where we would have been without Rollins goals last season .

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 07:58:25 AM »
Looking at the games he scored in we would have been 5 points worse off so a few places lower in the league but safe. Average player in a poor team last season, no big loss. Never seen a player receive the player of the season award and look so uninterested.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 09:14:37 AM »
Murray is only interested in players who are 100% commited to BUFC. As soon as Rollins indicated that he wasn't, he was leaving the club.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
Murray is only interested in players who are 100% commited to BUFC. As soon as Rollins indicated that he wasn't, he was leaving the club.
A good policy in my book. total commitment and a close team spirit can often achieve results way above 11 indiviuals with more natural talent, but without togetherness. Example....Leicester City 2015/6 season.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
Agree with Bodge re: Rollins at POY presentation but have to say many of the others players appeared in the same mode .  On the field I thought JR always put in a good shift , even if suffering with knocks .

Looking at this seasons squad I will be disappointed if out of 8 young players signed that by the end of the season at least 2/3 of them have been told by their agent it is time to attempt to move to a higher level .

If they do I will grateful for their efforts at the club and wish them good luck ,  as I did Rollins , Southwell, Miller, &  Mills etc .

I suspect these moves makes it easier for the manager to recruit eager young prospects .